Options

Prediction: Best European show

mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
The tour is upon us!  What is everyone predicting for the best European show?   
I'm feeling Barcelona for some reason.  I'm thinking some real rare songs, a kick ass crowd and an overall stellar setlist.
Thoughts?
I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

Comments

• Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 350
    Krakow & Barcelona
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,085
    Selfishly i'm hoping for London 1 or 2 or both!! 
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    Krakow and barca. But.. Think madrid will suprise alot of people
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    I'll go with Krakow,  seeing as I'll be there. They've never played Krakow right? Hopefully in for a treat 
  • Options
    I'll go with Krakow,  seeing as I'll be there. They've never played Krakow right? Hopefully in for a treat 
    1st time
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    1st time
    big venue?
    I sense it has that small town type feel, like a moline or state college.
  • Options
    Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    mcgruff10 said:
    1st time
    big venue?
    I sense it has that small town type feel, like a moline or state college.
    Around 20,000 I think. 
  • Options
    18k max
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
  • Options
    Almost 22k cos sells tix behind scene as
     Well
  • Options
    Almost 22k cos sells tix behind scene as
     Well
    Yeah, forgot about the behind tribune!
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,825
    Ah like this thread!  Gonna say Rome since I will be there in the GA crowd!  My thoughts are they have not played Rome since 1996?  The concert is June 26th and they don’t play again till Prague July 1st.  Hoping they bring big time energy and mind blowing set list.  :rock_on:
  • Options
    TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    Krakow and Padova - seems like its always the unexpected places.  Vitalogy has to be played somewhere right?
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • Options
    OK,,padova will be triesrte style..insane ,i expect unreal band performance..rome??well..there is where i expect the most epic sing alongs..man,,its been 22 years last time in rome,.,will be special..

and dont forget,,they always do kick ass setlist in   prague

and there is one rule..the  show before the last..,has always crazy setlist...lets see..
  • Options

OK,,padova will be triesrte style..insane ,i expect unreal band performance..rome??well..there is where i expect the most epic sing alongs..man,,its been 22 years last time in rome,.,will be special..

and dont forget,,they always do kick ass setlist in   prague

and there is one rule..the  show before the last..,has always crazy setlist...lets see..
    if show before last for exable,,was barcelona(24k arena)...well would be a lock which show will be the best
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    edited June 2018
    Have fun peeps =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,490
    Krakow will be our Moline..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 497
    Barcelona and rome
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    When was the last time the second to last show was the best one? It has been years and years. I think that ship has sailed and it is pretty clear any show at any given time can be a stand out. 

For me I pretty much had a choice to go to any show this year in Europe thanks to my wonderful wife. I was allowed 7 days away and I chose the Prague - Krakow - Berlin trio. I specifically was choosing Krakow (my choice as top show) because of the smaller market compared to the other shows and the venue looks unbelievable for an arena. Reminds me of the Quebec City arena and maybe even a bit cooler looking. Also the band having 5 days off before Prague may bring some extra energy to that show and Berlin being outdoors can always bring something special. 

Either way I am sure most of us will think the show we went to was the best as most of these discussions turns out but I will say that Europe has a lot of work cut out for them if they want best show of the year. Mar 13 Santiago show was a killer show and Mar 24 Sao Paulo was a killer festival. I can not wait to see what this band is going to bring! 
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    the next show
    it happens all the time
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    There’s a very real chance Poland will top their group and have a last 16 game on the night of the Krakow show. Vs England/Belgium though I like Panama to cause an upset. 
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    IamTom said:
    There’s a very real chance Poland will top their group and have a last 16 game on the night of the Krakow show. Vs England/Belgium though I like Panama to cause an upset. 
    Oh wow and the show would start pretty much when the game is being shown. That is unreal. 
  • Options
    What’s the capacity for Rome? It’s big I think. That’s the show!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    IamTom said:
    Oh wow and the show would start pretty much when the game is being shown. That is unreal. 
    Have an amazing time bud!  Stay safe and enjoy every second of your trip.
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    PJNB said:
    When was the last time the second to last show was the best one? It has been years and years. I think that ship has sailed and it is pretty clear any show at any given time can be a stand out. 

For me I pretty much had a choice to go to any show this year in Europe thanks to my wonderful wife. I was allowed 7 days away and I chose the Prague - Krakow - Berlin trio. I specifically was choosing Krakow (my choice as top show) because of the smaller market compared to the other shows and the venue looks unbelievable for an arena. Reminds me of the Quebec City arena and maybe even a bit cooler looking. Also the band having 5 days off before Prague may bring some extra energy to that show and Berlin being outdoors can always bring something special. 

Either way I am sure most of us will think the show we went to was the best as most of these discussions turns out but I will say that Europe has a lot of work cut out for them if they want best show of the year. Mar 13 Santiago show was a killer show and Mar 24 Sao Paulo was a killer festival. I can not wait to see what this band is going to bring! 
    Leeds 2014.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    edited June 2018
    PJNB said:

Leeds 2014.
    I agree with that one for sure. I thought it was the closer for some reason!
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    IamTom said:
    Have an amazing time bud!  Stay safe and enjoy every second of your trip.
    Thanks and I will!  My wife just told me she is going on a trip in the fall with her sisters and mom and all I could do was nod lol. 

I want Poland to do well in the World Cup but if they have the game the same time as the concert that is going to be bad news for the show imo. I won't worry about it until the time comes but could you imagine how empty that building will be if they do match up? And the ones that are there will be watching their phones the whole time.

Let's go Columbia!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    PJNB said:

Leeds 2014.
    Leeds is one of the all time greats. I have no hesitation in saying it is my favorite show.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    leeds was awesome this year i think krakow
    danny d
  • Options
    danny said:
    leeds was awesome this year i think krakow
    It is a fantastic bootleg!
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    PJNB said:
    IamTom said:
    Yep, 8 local time kick off. 

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.