2023 NASCAR Season!!! Starts on pg 12.

Comments

• ^plus 1...something between then and now just changed entirely. I just can't follow it anymore. Even jumped on the Truex train prior to it becoming a bandwagon. I knew I needed a new guy a few years before Gordon called it quits and Truex had a good story. Even with him panning out as a good driver, I just can't follow it anymore. 
    I was liking Elliott last year but they changed his number from 24 10 9 so I might follow the rookie Byron now since he has #24.  That kid has won ROY four years in a row now.  That's impressive.

Maybe all of us Gordon fans can root for that kid?

What say you?

It's still Hendricks...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I have no idea who half of these drivers are.  never heard of the dude that won the pole for Daytona (or the guy that got second)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • I have no idea who half of these drivers are.  never heard of the dude that won the pole for Daytona (or the guy that got second)
    lol, guy that won the pole is a new driver for Hendrick.  Chad Knauss (Jimmy Johnson's old chief) is his crew chief.
    The guy that got 2nd, Kurt Busch, is Kyles brother.  Kyle drives the M&M's car.  Both have been around for years in NASCAR and race both in xfinity and Monster.

Jimmy Johnson ended up winning due to rain and causing a damn wreck that took out 12 cars off the lead lap including the leader at the time in Menard.

I'm glad someone else was watching!

• I have no idea who half of these drivers are.  never heard of the dude that won the pole for Daytona (or the guy that got second)
    So I misread the question.  Byron got the pole for the 500.  Menard got the pole for The Clash.

Paul Menard has been in the league quite a few years now.  He is a driver I happen to like.  He got picked up to drive for Wood Brothers Racing.  They were tweeting right after the first rain delay that NASCAR should "call it" which was funny because Menard was in first.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I usually only watch Watkins Glen.  Not a huge fan of NASCAR and I have very little clue who anyone is anymore.  Are there any other road courses?  Laguna Seca, Sonoma?
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    At one time NASCAR was worth watching when rubbing was racing and Earnhardt Sr and the old guard were there. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Anyone has been to the Daytona 500.  I'd love to go for speed week and the race. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Anyone has been to the Daytona 500.  I'd love to go for speed week and the race. 
    At one time NASCAR was worth watching when rubbing was racing and Earnhardt Sr and the old guard were there. 
    I've never been to Daytona and it's a bucket list of mine.

The "rubbing is racing" and Trading paint terms were cute.

I love the racing now.  These guys are just so skilled and have taken what Earnhardt did to an all new level.
  • I usually only watch Watkins Glen.  Not a huge fan of NASCAR and I have very little clue who anyone is anymore.  Are there any other road courses?  Laguna Seca, Sonoma?
    Sonoma, Watkins Glenn and Charlotte.

Charlotte was added last year in the playoffs.  

So Charlotte is a road course now too.
    I usually only watch Watkins Glen.  Not a huge fan of NASCAR and I have very little clue who anyone is anymore.  Are there any other road courses?  Laguna Seca, Sonoma?

NASCAR has playoffs?  How the heck does that work?
  • I usually only watch Watkins Glen.  Not a huge fan of NASCAR and I have very little clue who anyone is anymore.  Are there any other road courses?  Laguna Seca, Sonoma?

Remember how they had points?  They still do.

If you win a race you are guaranteed a spot in the playoffs.

Last 10 races are the playoffs and they start eliminating cars.  If you have a win you automatically advance to the next round of playoffs.  There is elimination rounds leading up to the end of the playoffs.

It's neat how they did it.

Jeff Gordon advanced one year after Matt Kenseth plowed into Joey Lagano.  I still love that moment in racing, lol.
    https://youtu.be/qn5uBJXKtm0

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    At the risk of sidetracking the thread, was it just me or did the MAGA hat wearing kid from a couple weeks ago look like Logano's nephew or something, lol?

Image result for maga youth

Image result for joey logano
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Looks like his evil twin, like on an old episode of Knight Rider.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • At the risk of sidetracking the thread, was it just me or did the MAGA hat wearing kid from a couple weeks ago look like Logano's nephew or something, lol?

OMG you are going to hell, lol!

Last 10 races are the playoffs and they start eliminating cars.  If you have a win you automatically advance to the next round of playoffs.  There is elimination rounds leading up to the end of the playoffs.

Jeff Gordon advanced one year after Matt Kenseth plowed into Joey Lagano.  I still love that moment in racing, lol.

Interesting, but sounds confusing as hell.

Interesting, but sounds confusing as hell.
    It's not that bad.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    At the risk of sidetracking the thread, was it just me or did the MAGA hat wearing kid from a couple weeks ago look like Logano's nephew or something, lol?

I just call ‘em as I see ‘em, lol, my trip to hell was booked before this post, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • At the risk of sidetracking the thread, was it just me or did the MAGA hat wearing kid from a couple weeks ago look like Logano's nephew or something, lol?

I just call ‘em as I see ‘em, lol, my trip to hell was booked before this post, lol.
    lol
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I have no idea who half of these drivers are.  never heard of the dude that won the pole for Daytona (or the guy that got second)
    So I misread the question.  Byron got the pole for the 500.  Menard got the pole for The Clash.

Paul Menard has been in the league quite a few years now.  He is a driver I happen to like.  He got picked up to drive for Wood Brothers Racing.  They were tweeting right after the first rain delay that NASCAR should "call it" which was funny because Menard was in first.
    yeah i know who the Busch brothers are :wink:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    rubbing is my sex life.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 10 laps to go and wreck...

This does help #24 Byron though.

Root for a clean race to the end and for William Byron.  The kid is good and he is running the Gordon flames and number so I've found my new driver to cheer on.
  • Well Byron's luck just ran out...
  • Yes, great win for Joe Gibbs and JD.  Great win for Hamlin.

Hated that Byron got T boned and knocked out in the final laps...
  • ^plus 1...something between then and now just changed entirely. I just can't follow it anymore. Even jumped on the Truex train prior to it becoming a bandwagon. I knew I needed a new guy a few years before Gordon called it quits and Truex had a good story. Even with him panning out as a good driver, I just can't follow it anymore. 
    I was liking Elliott last year but they changed his number from 24 10 9 so I might follow the rookie Byron now since he has #24.  That kid has won ROY four years in a row now.  That's impressive.

Maybe all of us Gordon fans can root for that kid?

What say you?

It's still Hendricks...
    I'm committed to Byron now.  I can dust off the Gordon jacket.

Dale Earnhardt Sr.
    Jimmy Johnson
    Richard Petty
    Jeff Gordon

Give Peas A Chance…

• Dale Earnhardt Sr.
    Jimmy Johnson
    Richard Petty
    Jeff Gordon

I've got no problems with this at all.

Allison, Yarborough, DW and Pearson need to be mentioned in the conversation too.

DEI brought drafting into the forefront of racing.
    JJ has won 7 championships and has dominated NASCAR for the past 15 years.
    #43.  Most wins ever.  Raced amongst everyone mentioned on here sans JJ.  So how is that for a career?!?
    The Rainbow Warrior brought pit crew training to the modern era and forever changed the sport.