9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • If you haven’t cared or watched, please watch Ross Chastains final lap video game style go to get into the final.

Holy shit.  Dude has stones or brass, whichever your choice.

Please watch!

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/nascar-cup-highlights/see-multiple-angles-of-chastains-last-lap-move-to-advance-at-martinsville/
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Rule will be put in place before next year to stop that, I imagine. 
    Pretty funny, although I'm sure some of the other drivers were not laughing as much as others.  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Rule will be put in place before next year to stop that, I imagine. 
    Pretty funny, although I'm sure some of the other drivers were not laughing as much as others.  

Every driver asked about it thought it was great.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Rule will be put in place before next year to stop that, I imagine. 

Did they ask Hamlin, who he edged out for the final spot with it?
    Logan said pretty much what I shared...it was cool but this is not something they want people doing.  
    There are some drivers that complain about everything, as well....
    It would be even funnier if it was to win the championship instead of make the final round.
  • Rule will be put in place before next year to stop that, I imagine. 

Did they ask Hamlin, who he edged out for the final spot with it?
    Logan said pretty much what I shared...it was cool but this is not something they want people doing.  
    There are some drivers that complain about everything, as well....
    It would be even funnier if it was to win the championship instead of make the final round.
    The announcers LOVED it.  I thought it was great but yeah, NASCAR will kibosh this move most likely.
  • Logano is your 2022 Champion.  He won the race and the title.  Congrats.  He joins the elite class of Champions w multiple titles.

Chastain got 3rd.  He was faster at the end but didn't have the laps to make up the gap.  logano in clean air up front was a monster.  nobody was catching him.

Chastain did drive like a maniac down to the apron and in the corners trying but he couldn't catch Logano.

Chase Elliott turned into Chastain earlier and got turned sideways.  That was NOT Chastains fault.  

My boy Byron got 6th.  He just missed out on the cut a few races ago so oh well.

Good season this year.

Coy Gibbs, son of Jor Gibbs passed away the hours after his son won the xfinity race.  

That Gibbs family has some tragedy with them over the years.  This is sad news.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    congrats to Logano, and condolences to Joe Gibbs, second time he lost a son at 49 years old. Horrible tragedy for a parent to endure.
  • congrats to Logano, and condolences to Joe Gibbs, second time he lost a son at 49 years old. Horrible tragedy for a parent to endure.
    Yeah, that 49 thing is weird.  
  • LA Coliseum.  I will make it to one of these one day.  Maybe next year...

Anywho Truex won.  He has been driving very good last year so hopefully this year he does well too.

Kyle Busch went OFF on the drivers at this event.  If you watched then everyone was bumping you out of the way.  It is a little 1/4 mile track so not sure what else you can do?  

I liked the bump and pass method.  Slowing me down?  Get out the damn way!!! lol

This year was better than last year.  Keep up the bumping cause bumping is racin.

Oh and Gwen Stefani embarrassed Clint Boyer on National TV.  He was trying to tell her that this was work and not play.  HA!  She mentioned how wasted he got at their house one night.  Clint was not pleased.

If you're not new then you'd know that Boyer was a partier.  Things of legend in trying to keep up with him.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    ^^^ I thought that 40 mph race was pretty stupid.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    LA Coliseum.  I will make it to one of these one day.  Maybe next year...

Anywho Truex won.  He has been driving very good last year so hopefully this year he does well too.

Kyle Busch went OFF on the drivers at this event.  If you watched then everyone was bumping you out of the way.  It is a little 1/4 mile track so not sure what else you can do?  

I liked the bump and pass method.  Slowing me down?  Get out the damn way!!! lol

This year was better than last year.  Keep up the bumping cause bumping is racin.

Oh and Gwen Stefani embarrassed Clint Boyer on National TV.  He was trying to tell her that this was work and not play.  HA!  She mentioned how wasted he got at their house one night.  Clint was not pleased.

If you're not new then you'd know that Boyer was a partier.  Things of legend in trying to keep up with him.

Did this count as the official start to the season or was it just for fun? I thought the Daytona 500 was the official first race of the season? I haven't really watched NASCAR in awhile. Did catch a few minutes of the race last night though. Only recognized like half the names :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Wobbie said:
    ^^^ I thought that 40 mph race was pretty stupid.
    lol, the only thing that I liked about this year was the bumping.  Last year I thought it was uneventful.  This year drivers raced hard and pissed a lot of each other off.
  • LA Coliseum.  I will make it to one of these one day.  Maybe next year...

Did this count as the official start to the season or was it just for fun? I thought the Daytona 500 was the official first race of the season? I haven't really watched NASCAR in awhile. Did catch a few minutes of the race last night though. Only recognized like half the names :lol:
    So no, this was just for fun and not too long ago the Daytona 500 was just for fun too.  Well 1982 it started to become points for the cup.
    LA Coliseum.  I will make it to one of these one day.  Maybe next year...

So no, this was just for fun and not too long ago the Daytona 500 was just for fun too.  Well 1982 it started to become points for the cup.

oh ok
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Ricky Stenhouse Jr. wins the Daytona 500 in "OT". This was the first race I watched in like 5 years.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Ricky Stenhouse Jr. wins the Daytona 500 in "OT". This was the first race I watched in like 5 years.
    Did you like it?  I enjoyed it up until the first caution w 2 left.  I knew it was going to go south from that point for my guy Byron and it did…
  • So.  Set house wins the Daytona 500.  A single car team.  GOOD FOR HIM!

What wasn’t good was the caution that came out w 2 to go.  All the Fords had pitted and had to try and get by the slower cars in the back.  Well, that didn’t go too well.  Massive wreck.  Cars got shuffled again.  

This was a fantastic push too.  They broke off from single file to go two wide and get Busch ahead of Kezlowski.

Next caution.  My boy Byron got shuffled from third to fifth.  That didn’t go well for him as he got caught up in the next wreck…

So, last green to finish start.  Travis Pastrana, yes the Rally racing/motocross champion, that Travis, was in the top 10 perhaps if he kept his nose clean.  Well that didn’t happen and he got wrecked and did get 11th…

Final push Logano was out in front but at the time of the caution he was bested by Stenhouse who was running the low spot as Joey couldn’t make it work on the bottom.

So you know who else was out there today in the 84 car?  7 time champ Jimmy Johnson.  he got wrecked too unfortunately…

Good race up until those cautions.  Nice to see the single team car win and not the juggernauts.
    The end was exciting.  Too clean a race to start, need to see some wrecks spread around.  Bowman ended up 5th.  Son and I were rooting against Brad.  Liked that he didn't get it.  Busch winning would have been interesting.   
    Ricky Stenhouse Jr. wins the Daytona 500 in "OT". This was the first race I watched in like 5 years.
    Did you like it?  I enjoyed it up until the first caution w 2 left.  I knew it was going to go south from that point for my guy Byron and it did…

Yeah overall it was decent. Sucked that it ended in a caution though
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Vegas race highlights.

My boy Lord Byron won!

He led the most laps and won all 3 stages.  The other Hendricks cars were great today too. All had some good speed.

Caution coming out at the end almost ruined Byrons perfect day.  Truex stayed out to have the lead but on the restart his old tires were no match for the fields 2 fresh tires.

During the caution when everyone came in to pit, except Truex, Byrons pit team killed it and eeked out quicker than Larson whom was on Byrons heels and led a few laps at the end.

Other Highlight, Bubba Wallace got a 4th place finish which is really good considering the 2 DNF's this year so far.

Logano found the wall and didn't finish either.

Something I would like to see NASCAR go back to is the lug nuts.  Not a fan of the single spindle.  Regular cars don't have them so neither should these stock cars.
    Vegas race highlights.

My boy Lord Byron won!

He led the most laps and won all 3 stages.  The other Hendricks cars were great today too. All had some good speed.

Caution coming out at the end almost ruined Byrons perfect day.  Truex stayed out to have the lead but on the restart his old tires were no match for the fields 2 fresh tires.

During the caution when everyone came in to pit, except Truex, Byrons pit team killed it and eeked out quicker than Larson whom was on Byrons heels and led a few laps at the end.

Other Highlight, Bubba Wallace got a 4th place finish which is really good considering the 2 DNF's this year so far.

Logano found the wall and didn't finish either.

Something I would like to see NASCAR go back to is the lug nuts.  Not a fan of the single spindle.  Regular cars don't have them so neither should these stock cars.

yeah he pretty much dominated that race
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Is it a NASCAR rule that a caution HAS to come out on the last lap(s)? :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Is it a NASCAR rule that a caution HAS to come out on the last lap(s)? :angry:
    Well that is when people usually get antsy and do stupid shit.  NASCAR thankfully changed the rules where you need a green white checker and don't like to finish under a caution.  They call it Overtime.
    I haven't written in a few weeks...

So this weekend.

Man there was some really good racing.  The teams all had to worry about tires.  I actually like when they have to strategize like that.

Anywho.  My boy Byron had a rough go for the first oh, 240 laps of 267.  Down 2 laps at one time.  he made it all the way back to the lead lap and actually was LEADING the race!!!

Then a caution came out and that all went to hell again...

The final laps had Larson whom was strong all day but wayyyyyy loose.  he almost lost it a few times down the straightaways.  On his tale was XI/XX3 Owner Denny Hamlin!  He bumped his rear quarter on the last lap and sent Larson into the wall.  Larson made a sick recovery and regained control to hang on for 2nd while Denny went on to victory lane.

Lord Byron got a pretty far back 3rd but after being 2 down?  Hell of a finish!

Fun race.  Give the last 20 laps or so a watch.  Even the announcers were exhausted from watching this.  You have Boyer joined by a newly Kurt Busch behind the mic.  I like his input.
    Todays race.

My boy Byron wins it!  He wins it in a Jeff Gordon throwback car too so doubly exciting for me.

With 11 to go Chastain (he;s the dude that smashes watermelons) and Larson were in some sort of crazy pissing match.  Chastain seems like the aggressor in this one.  

In the restart Larson was on the outside and Chastain inside.  Chastain decided to go up and into Larson.  Either fire the spotter or NASCAR needs to talk to him because he was not clear and drove right into Larson.

You could tell Larson was pissed because when Chastain turned into him he was eventually T-Boned and didn’t let off the throttle for a while. I expect NASCAR to fine him for that stunt.  Really fun to watch though, lol.

So green light checker.

2 to go.

Byron and teammate Elliot choose the same lane.  Harvick lined up beside him.  Would we see another aggressive push up into the wall?

Nope.  All class here.  Byron surged up the track in front of Harvick and took the checkered flag incident free.

Elliot 3rd
    Harvick 2nd
    Kselowski 4th 
    Bubba and team Jordan with a 5th place.  They had a chance earlier to make a better run but that’s another story.

Good finish for me.  Not for Larson as it was his race to win.  Watch next week where if Larson has a chance he will wreck Chastain.

a dying “sport”

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    So.  This was one hell of a two day affair for the big cars.  Rained out Sunday night so they race Monday at 3pm.  This is a nice long race too so you can enjoy a lot of racin'!

Red flagged action.  Aric Amirola, super nice guy, shoved Bubba Wallace.  Looking at the video I don't think Bubba wanted any part of that, lol.

Blaney in the 12 car took the checkered.  He battled Byron for the better part of the day.

Byrons pit team was on fire today.  9 second pit stops and gaining 3-4 spots EACH TIME they pitted and being up front in first.  Byrons car just wasn't good enough to hold that position. He did some good racing but 2nd was what he got.  Watch one of the pit stops and see them kill it.

I'm sure we will find out today if Larson gets suspended or not but he did wreck Denny Hamlin.  In doing so he took out Bell whom was running well, Ty Gibbs, More on him in a minute and Joey Logano.

Ty Gibbs.  Son of Coach and owner Joe Gibbs.  He ran in the xfinity, was running in the 600 until he got wrecked.  Dude raced almost 900 miles in one day.  Yeah man, you go rookie!  Too bad he got caught up in that wreck as mentioned above.

Truex, Bubba and Reddick round out the top 5 for this long ass race.  5 hours I think?  I loved it.

So many more highlights in there.

Towards the end there were a bunch of cars that just got really loose and spun out or grazed the wall.  I don't know if its the new cars or what but they seem to be hitting and bouncing off the walls a lot and still able to compete.  Back with he older cars if you banged into anything you had aero problems and weren't finishing well.
    I thought Chase was the one who tried to kill Hamlin