Options

2024 NASCAR Season!!! Starts on pg 13.

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    The road record will be pretty much meaningless with the number of road races they are running/will run vs what the other two ran each year.

Still can't get over the one in Texas where they went on in the rain - fun to watch for fans but crazy dangerous for the drivers.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Chase Elliot has won 7 in 16 road course races
    Jeff Gordon 9 in 47
    Tony Stewart 8 in 34

Chase Elliot is well on track to be the new road course king and likely will not even be close.

Add in Hendrick power…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    Headed to Atlanta Motor Speedway this Sunday. My home track. Glad to have our second race back. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Jeff Gordon 9 in 47
    Tony Stewart 8 in 34

Chase Elliot is well on track to be the new road course king and likely will not even be close.

Add in Hendrick power…
    Right ...how many years did those two guys run?
    24?  17?

Chase is hammering now but the overall mark will be watered down when instead of a few road course a year there are now 7.  

He looks like a shoe in to be the "road course king" as you put it.

My son's favorite, Hamlin, still leads in points w/o getting into victory lane this year.  
    If my dude hadn't crashed Larson it would not have been the case, this week.  :lol:
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Thanks for revitalizing this thread everyone.  I appreciate the participation.

Gordon will always be the GOAT when it comes to road races.  He was just that much better than his piers.

Chase Elliott is a friggin beast though.  Soooo much talent he has and he is doing it on a second chance and making the best of it.

• Options
    Jeff Gordon 9 in 47
    Tony Stewart 8 in 34

Add in Hendrick power…
    Right ...how many years did those two guys run?
    24?  17?

Chase is hammering now but the overall mark will be watered down when instead of a few road course a year there are now 7.  

He looks like a shoe in to be the "road course king" as you put it.

My son's favorite, Hamlin, still leads in points w/o getting into victory lane this year.  
    If my dude hadn't crashed Larson it would not have been the case, this week.  :lol:
    He has a 3 point lead, but Larson would start the playoff in 1st and 4 Hendrick cars would start the playoff in the top 7…

the season is young and lots can change…

I doubt it makes much of a difference whether they race at road courses 2 times or 7…Elliot has proven to be a master.  It’s been 65 years since nascar was at that road course and Elliot pretty much was dominate…he’s won nearly 50% of his road course races.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Gordon will always be the GOAT when it comes to road races.  He was just that much better than his piers.

Chase Elliott is a friggin beast though.  Soooo much talent he has and he is doing it on a second chance and making the best of it.

I’m not really sure what you mean by “doing it on a second chance.”

Elliot is going to be Hendricks next super star driver and I can see him winning a bunch of championships…

I think this year is Larson’s for the taking…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Elliot is going to be Hendricks next super star driver and I can see him winning a bunch of championships…

Chase Elliott was kicked out of NASCAR for a year.  He's lucky to have a job.  Rick Hendricks took a chance on him.  There was a reason why his car didn't have any sponsoring on it for a good part of the year.

So yes, he is doing it on a second chance.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Chase Elliott was kicked out of NASCAR for a year.  He's lucky to have a job.  Rick Hendricks took a chance on him.  There was a reason why his car didn't have any sponsoring on it for a good part of the year.

Wasn't that Larson, for dropping a N Bomb?
    Did Elliott also get the boot for a year?
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options

Wasn't that Larson, for dropping a N Bomb?
    Did Elliott also get the boot for a year?
    OMG it was.  Such an idiot, lol.  I mixed them up completely.

HAHAHAHA!  

Elliott was not booted for a year. hahahaha.  I'm still laughing at my blunder.
  • Options
    I knew about Larson.  But Elliot has been a prodigy and was signed by Hendrick in 2011...Of course, Chase comes from great racing genes seeing that his father is "Awesome Bill From Dawsonville."  

Nascar has Larson on probation until 2023 plus he has other obligations that he must fulfil.  

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I knew about Larson.  But Elliot has been a prodigy and was signed by Hendrick in 2011...Of course, Chase comes from great racing genes seeing that his father is "Awesome Bill From Dawsonville."  

Nascar has Larson on probation until 2023 plus he has other obligations that he must fulfil.  

Larson will be fine under the tutelage in Hendricks.  He won't goof up again.

Elliotts pops was a good driver, I forgot about that nickname too, lol.  Hendrick's this year looks really good.
  • Options
    Yes.  Larson landed in a really good place.

From what I hear it Hendricks engines...I guess they have found a way to generate more hp...knowing NASCAR I'm sure they've torn those engines apart to make sure they are in compliance...

It's now up to the rest of the teams to catch up...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

From what I hear it Hendricks engines...I guess they have found a way to generate more hp...knowing NASCAR I'm sure they've torn those engines apart to make sure they are in compliance...

The Toyota engines were dominating at one point.

Years ago when Gordon was winning all those races officials dissected his car after every race and found nothing, lol.
  • Options

Years ago when Gordon was winning all those races officials dissected his car after every race and found nothing, lol.
    All the analyst mention how good Hendricks engines are…he has teamed up with RCR.  No way Hendricks and Childress were going to stand idly by and let Toyota dominate…lol

Gordon and Everham were quite a team in the 90’s.  Jimmy Johnson was fortunate to have Chad Knaus for all his championships…surprised Jimmy didn’t stick around a few more years to see if he could get number 8…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

All the analyst mention how good Hendricks engines are…he has teamed up with RCR.  No way Hendricks and Childress were going to stand idly by and let Toyota dominate…lol

Gordon and Everham were quite a team in the 90’s.  Jimmy Johnson was fortunate to have Chad Knaus for all his championships…surprised Jimmy didn’t stick around a few more years to see if he could get number 8…
    Remember how good those yota engines were though?  There was a time I thought Kyle Busch, Truex or Hamlin were up in front and going to win every week.

I thought i read somewhere that JJ wanted to own a team?

Gordon had some bad luck a few years and lost out on some championships.  I remember the car got lowered on the air hose during pit stop.  A piece of concrete came up and hit his grill.  So many things like he was cursed.
  • Options

Remember how good those yota engines were though?  There was a time I thought Kyle Busch, Truex or Hamlin were up in front and going to win every week.

I thought i read somewhere that JJ wanted to own a team?

Gordon had some bad luck a few years and lost out on some championships.  I remember the car got lowered on the air hose during pit stop.  A piece of concrete came up and hit his grill.  So many things like he was cursed.
    Interesting that JJ wants to own a team…

Jeff Gordon leaves TV this season and becomes the number 2 man at Hendricks starting in 2022.  Gordon has left the door open for JJ to come aboard at Hendricks.  I would say he’d go to Hendricks…

It seems that’s how Hendricks cars are this year…expected in victory lane often…

looking forward to the rest of the season.  I was a Gordon fan.  Was driverless fan until Elliot because I really liked Bill… similar to how Dale Sr. fans jumped to Dale Jr.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    New changes coming to Atlanta. Should be interesting. It's my home track. Hopefully it's not ruined or made worse. 

• Options
    JojoRice said:
    New changes coming to Atlanta. Should be interesting. It's my home track. Hopefully it's not ruined or made worse. 
    I read they are resurfacing it?  I agree, it’s a great track now…hope it’s still great after the changes
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    I read they are resurfacing it?  I agree, it’s a great track now…hope it’s still great after the changes
    Until they establish grip there’s going to be one run on the track.  Seems like every one they do it to it takes a lane away, high or low.
  • Options
    Kurt Busch with the win.  Next year a newly resurfaced track at Atlanta..
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Woohoo Bubba Wallace gets the win.  Weather assisted but still nice.

Congrats to XI/23 racing!
  • Options
    Kyle Larson won,  He looks really good.  8 wins for him this year.  Logano is out unless he wins.  Same goes for the rest of the group pretty much.

Byron was in 2nd and it’s a shame that he;s illuminated now.

Oh well.  On to Hollywood!
  • Options
    Renewed my Talladega tickets today. 💪

• Options
    JojoRice said:
    My bucket list is to RV in the infield one day.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    One of my college buddies keeps trying to rally our group of friends to do this.
    Not sure it is what I want for a guy's getaway with my buds but I bet it would be fun.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    One of my college buddies keeps trying to rally our group of friends to do this.
    Not sure it is what I want for a guy's getaway with my buds but I bet it would be fun.
    Depending on what you want out of a mancation the pits and the infield are a world by itself with an amazing look at what happens at a NASCAR race with a birds eye view of it.

I highly recommend renting a scanner from the track too.  This shows ALL the stats, lap times, splits, etc.  It was well worth it and helped my inner crew chief understand a whole lot of the race.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Depending on what you want out of a mancation the pits and the infield are a world by itself with an amazing look at what happens at a NASCAR race with a birds eye view of it.

I highly recommend renting a scanner from the track too.  This shows ALL the stats, lap times, splits, etc.  It was well worth it and helped my inner crew chief understand a whole lot of the race.

Well, we usually are fishing, somewhere very remote & where we can do/say/act exactly how we think fits that moment.
    Basically, the guy trip is where we act like a bunch of 20 year old idiots for some of the time, and like a group of dudes just about 50 the rest of the time.
    None of us are NASCAR folks - so, while the party scene is top notch, and the RV game I am sure has extreme highs and lows...I am just not sure how it fits.

Pretty sure the inner crew chief will be pushed aside by the inner 20 year old.  :lol:     

That stated, it is something one of the guys keeps hammering on. 
    I keep pushing Alaska / taking a plane to a remote spot / fishing, camping, etc.
    We have done Hawaii, Keys, LA, SF, LV, Chi, Miami, NOLA...and pre-Covid we did at least one Louisiana Bayou trip (usually more) per year for about 20 years straight.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:

Well, we usually are fishing, somewhere very remote & where we can do/say/act exactly how we think fits that moment.
    Basically, the guy trip is where we act like a bunch of 20 year old idiots for some of the time, and like a group of dudes just about 50 the rest of the time.
    None of us are NASCAR folks - so, while the party scene is top notch, and the RV game I am sure has extreme highs and lows...I am just not sure how it fits.

Pretty sure the inner crew chief will be pushed aside by the inner 20 year old.  :lol:     

I keep pushing Alaska / taking a plane to a remote spot / fishing, camping, etc.
    We have done Hawaii, Keys, LA, SF, LV, Chi, Miami, NOLA...and pre-Covid we did at least one Louisiana Bayou trip (usually more) per year for about 20 years straight.
    Do Alaska.  It's worth it.  Having worked there it has a lot of neat things to take in even if you decide to drink and hunt salmon w a pitchfork.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:

Do Alaska.  It's worth it.  Having worked there it has a lot of neat things to take in even if you decide to drink and hunt salmon w a pitchfork.

Nice.  This is a GREAT idea!