Options

2023 NASCAR Season!!! Starts on pg 12.

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Interesting.  The two jokers bump drafting caused the first wreck.  Kid was in bed for the restart so he will watch on dvr today I imagine.  At least his guy, Hamlin, ran a good race.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,977
    My boy Byron was FAST today!  Taking the checkered flag in Miami tonight!!!

Woohoo!

Bubba sucked today.  Tyler reddick in the 8 car put on a show the last 10 laps picking up spots 1 by 1 all the way to 2nd.  Good on him.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    We stopped after second stage to do dinner/games/bed for the boy.  
    He will be pleased, Byron is one of the guys he likes.  
    The road races are so much more entertaining, to me.  That one last week was wild.
  • Options
    The road races are so much more entertaining, to me.  That one last week was wild.
    They added more road races this year so You’ll enjoy that.  Bristol is dirt this year too.  That should be interesting.
  • Options
    They added more road races this year so You’ll enjoy that.  Bristol is dirt this year too.  That should be interesting.
    I saw the ad, that looks bonkers.

• Options
    Las Vegas this weekend and Hendricks gets another win!  By Whom?  Kyle Larson who was suspended all of last year and is lucky to even have a job right now.  He has done a lot to better himself from that moment so good on him.  He had one hell of a fast car and no one was catching him.

Bubba Wallace even went up to him to congratulate him so that was nice.

My boy Byron ran 8th and had the fastest car at one time but never could find his way up front.

Next week is Phoenix.  

Also Jason Leffler died in a sprint car accident.  Sprint cars are regarded as NASCARs minor leagues and many a driver started in open wheel racing.  RIP Jason.
  • Options
    Have it on DVR, the boy wanted to watch some Discovery Channel show about Homesteader Building Rescues or some shit instead of NASCAR for the hour we had available for TV time to him.  [Spring Cleaning, keep him busy, donchaknow!] 

Sorry to hear someone died, will have to look that up.
  • Options
    Martin Truex Wins Phoenix.  Good for him.  One of the drivers I admire.

Highlights are...  Bubba led a lap.  Larson looked good.  My boy Byron had another top 10 finish.  I swear he sucks in traffic though.  There is something about his driving that I can't put a finger on yet.  Kid has some serious talent but lacks something and I can't figure it out?

I love the Phx track.  I've been in the pits and on the finish line.  My old company had a race team so I was fortunate enough to enjoy some of those benefits.
  • Options
    We watched the first two stages, will finish sometime this week or on Saturday when the boy has some time.  Strange to see the different sponsors/colors on the cars for so many drivers this week.  Hamlin is a robot.

Some of these drivers seem to be a lap down, at least, every race.  Has to suck to be that owner and put out cars/drivers that are not competitive every week. 

• Options
    We watched the first two stages, will finish sometime this week or on Saturday when the boy has some time.  Strange to see the different sponsors/colors on the cars for so many drivers this week.  Hamlin is a robot.

Some of these drivers seem to be a lap down, at least, every race.  Has to suck to be that owner and put out cars/drivers that are not competitive every week. 

Bubbas McD's car was beautiful!  Hamlin is great, he really is, now if they can get Bubbas car to be the same as his...

Those cars that are laps down are the ones without the money and sponsors sans the few that just had car issues.  Kyle Busch whom is always in the top 10 had some serious problems.

I would love to see Brad Daughertys team do something.  I remember watching a race where his driver won and putting them in the playoffs and how happy he was.  I always root for his guys.
  • Options
    Was hyped to see the footage of the dirt being put in place at Bristol.  This is very interesting and looks like it will be fun to watch.
    The stages and now the competition cautions add a different layer to the races from when I used to watch with my old man back in the 80s and early 90s.  The re-starts are exciting -- I enjoy those parts quite a bit. 
    Still chuckle at many of the NASCAR types of stereotypical things I observe during the broadcasts but it is enjoyable to watch with my kid.  (Although him liking hockey, hoops, or baseball more would be great!  He does like watching football together.) 
  • Options
    Was hyped to see the footage of the dirt being put in place at Bristol.  This is very interesting and looks like it will be fun to watch.
    The stages and now the competition cautions add a different layer to the races from when I used to watch with my old man back in the 80s and early 90s.  The re-starts are exciting -- I enjoy those parts quite a bit. 
    Still chuckle at many of the NASCAR types of stereotypical things I observe during the broadcasts but it is enjoyable to watch with my kid.  (Although him liking hockey, hoops, or baseball more would be great!  He does like watching football together.) 
    Someone on here complained about the stages and directed it to the cause of the drop in attendance these past few years.
  • Options
    Someone on here complained about the stages and directed it to the cause of the drop in attendance these past few years.

They may be a fanatic who likes the way things are traditionally done.
    I have those hangups, at times, with football, baseball, and hockey.  Not with racing -- more re-starts and races to the line mean more excitement, to me.
  • Options

They may be a fanatic who likes the way things are traditionally done.
    I have those hangups, at times, with football, baseball, and hockey.  Not with racing -- more re-starts and races to the line mean more excitement, to me.
    I like it too.  It's not very fun when one driver is in front of the pack with a 10second lead.
  • Options
    Bristol dirt race is on at 4pm today!  Trucks on at noon.

This is the one race I have been eagerly waiting for.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,492
    Do yourself a favor and find a local dirt track that runs sprint cars and go watch them. If you haven't seen it before it will blow your mind.  
  • Options
    Do yourself a favor and find a local dirt track that runs sprint cars and go watch them. If you haven't seen it before it will blow your mind.  
    My company used to have a silver crown race team so I was fortunate enough to go to quite a few races.  Modifieds are fun too.
  • Options
    Our race team employed the only driver to be banned for life from NASCAR, a mr Shane Hmiel whom I thought was an asshole.  He used to run around with Dale Jr but Dale was NASCARs golden boy so he was protected.  Shane got in a bad wreck and is unfortunately paralyzed but still is very active in the racing community.
  • Options
    I was excited to see this yesterday, good reminder to set the DVR again.
  • Options
    Our race team employed the only driver to be banned for life from NASCAR, a mr Shane Hmiel whom I thought was an asshole.  He used to run around with Dale Jr but Dale was NASCARs golden boy so he was protected.  Shane got in a bad wreck and is unfortunately paralyzed but still is very active in the racing community.
    I was at Terre Haute that day that Shane got injured. It was a horrible wreck. 
  • Options
    I was at Terre Haute that day that Shane got injured. It was a horrible wreck. 
    Oh wow.  That's crazy.  His race team was RW motorsports at the time, my old company I worked for.  They had another driver that was cool as hell, Jerry Coons jr.  Nicest guy in the world.  I got to help out in the pits one weekend and he gave me a shirt for me busting my ass.

Shane had some people that hitched their wagon to him in hopes that he made it to indy racing.  I always thought it was weird that they followed him around like puppies.
  • Options
    My company used to have a silver crown race team so I was fortunate enough to go to quite a few races.  Modifieds are fun too.
    When we go to the races, my wife brings her Kindle to read when the modifieds are on the track. She gets really frustrated with the constant cautions that they seem to have. 
  • Options
    Well, the wait was worth it.  What a fantastic race.  I hate short tracks in general but adding the dirt made this one hell of a fun race.  All the drivers and announcers just had an absolute blast.

My boy Byron got 6th.

Truex Jr I thought had a chance and started gaining a lot of momentum but he sucked on the final restart and ended up being 19th. He did have a truck win earlier in the day though.

Hamlin was trying to wear out Logano but traffic and the caution ended that hope.

Suarez led a bunch of laps and thought he was going to lead the whole day but  after the caution restarts he lost track position.

Everyone was happy to see the final caution but one person, leader Joey Logano.

Joey had one hell of a restart and took the whole shot and ended up the race winner after leading the last 20 or so laps.  Hamlin tried to take the high line which he did for most of the race but got no traction and fell to third and left the bottom open and in slipped Stenhouse for a #2 place.

Watching the cars go sideways and drivers covered in red clay at the end of the race was an absolute joy.

Do yourself a favor and watch this race, I loved it.
  • Options
    Nice, I'm sure the boy will have some dvr action tomorrow.  (He's on spring break)
    His guy Hamlin keeps finishing near the top.
  • Options
    OK  Real quick as I missed a week...

This week in Richmond another winner and another Hamlin close finish...

Alex Bowman snuck out on fresh tires during a restart that put Logano and Hamelin at 2nd and 3rd.  Those 2 were battling previously before the caution came out.

Bubba Wallaces team can't get their shit together.

My boy Byron had another top 10 finish.  At this rate he should be in the playoffs with the 1 win so far.

This week is Dover and the monster mile.
  • Options
    I didn't watch this week, we have it on DVR.  I root for Bowman so that is cool....my kid is starting to get frustrated so I think he'll be bummed that Hamlin was at the top but didn't win again.
    I'm sure it is a matter of time.

I thought Dover was next month?  Was considering bringing the kid down if they had qualifying or some sort of lead up event open to public.  Something less crowded and not too loud.  May have to wait til next year.
  • Options
    I didn't watch this week, we have it on DVR.  I root for Bowman so that is cool....my kid is starting to get frustrated so I think he'll be bummed that Hamlin was at the top but didn't win again.

I thought Dover was next month?  Was considering bringing the kid down if they had qualifying or some sort of lead up event open to public.  Something less crowded and not too loud.  May have to wait til next year.
    I'm an idiot.  Talladega is next week not Dover...

I thought your kid liked Bowman too?  

So Hamlin, yeah man, he keeps getting killed on the restarts.  Dude has a great team and a great car every week but it all comes down to the restarts and people whom he had beat get a lucky situation and end up winning.
  • Options

I'm an idiot.  Talladega is next week not Dover...

I thought your kid liked Bowman too?  

So Hamlin, yeah man, he keeps getting killed on the restarts.  Dude has a great team and a great car every week but it all comes down to the restarts and people whom he had beat get a lucky situation and end up winning.

Yeah he does but he likes your guy more in the ladder of guys he roots for.
    Cool on Dover, thanks,
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Chase Elliot will eventually shatter the road course record.  What a great fan friendly driver he is.

Those Hendrick engines are pretty good.  Seems almost unbeatable at times.

Kyle Larson looks unstoppable this year…could be a battle of Hendrick drivers for the championship, all 4 are in a position to get in.
    Give Peas A Chance…