2023 Degenerate Fantasy Baseball League

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    OK, pushed to May 8th since they said mid-May at earliest...will continue to follow.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Well we could draft early and do a whole lot of trading?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Just moved the dates for all three of my leagues.  So much could happen, after further review I think it makes sense.

I am all for trades but they are rare.  Tough to get two people to make what they both feel is a fair deal.

In one of our early seasons of Degenerate 10C fb, AmongsttheAni and I traded a fucked up trade just to make Scott's head break.  (Last-12-Exit)  It involved his favorite player, Kris Bryant, and Ani and I agreed we would swap the players back after, we just made the trade to upset Scott.  It worked like a charm. 
    One of the most entertaining starts to a fantasy league I have ever been a part of.

Just moved the dates for all three of my leagues.  So much could happen, after further review I think it makes sense.

I am all for trades but they are rare.  Tough to get two people to make what they both feel is a fair deal.

In one of our early seasons of Degenerate 10C fb, AmongsttheAni and I traded a fucked up trade just to make Scott's head break.  (Last-12-Exit)  It involved his favorite player, Kris Bryant, and Ani and I agreed we would swap the players back after, we just made the trade to upset Scott.  It worked like a charm. 
    One of the most entertaining starts to a fantasy league I have ever been a part of.

Is that why you have the league "approve" trades now?

We had it then as well but the commish always has the ability to kill if not enough votes against come in.  Executive power, like Trump!  :lol:

You always have to be able to block people, because...well, people.

We had it then as well but the commish always has the ability to kill if not enough votes against come in.  Executive power, like Trump!  :lol:

I get it.  No need to have someone collude in a trade.

I trade you Mike Trout for Delan Betances!

I like making occasional offers like that, as well.
    You are a prospect guy, so I will trade you Joe Adell,  Casey Mize & Christian Pache all for Mike Trout.  

I like making occasional offers like that, as well.
    You are a prospect guy, so I will trade you Joe Adell,  Casey Mize & Christian Pache all for Mike Trout.  
    Knowing those prospects, the only one that will truly pan out is Mize.  I have hope for Adell being surrounded by a serious lineup and Pache bulked up over the last two seasons so his stock has surely gone up but Mize would be the sure thing.

I also would never do that trade as all 3 of their WAR's wouldn't equal to Trout, he is that friggin good.  Trout staying healthy this year I expect 50HR from him.  He is just starting to hit his groove now, watch.
    If he is just starting to hit his groove that would be ridiculous.  Like most fans, I love the guy.  He is amazing...and being in South Jersey I know a number of people who know his family and say what a good dude he is, as well. 

If he is just starting to hit his groove that would be ridiculous.  Like most fans, I love the guy.  He is amazing...and being in South Jersey I know a number of people who know his family and say what a good dude he is, as well. 

He's in his "prime" years now.  They've added Rendon to the lineup, Ohtani is healthy, Pujols is still able to contribute, Simmons is underrated, add Adell and if he contributes, man, sky is the limit.

I expect 5 years of dominance from him going forward.

28yo-33yo.  

The years after that shouldn't be bad either.  If he plays until he is 40 I see him still producing.
  • Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    edited May 2020
    looks like draft is tonight, I'm in and ready.
    Post edited by Rival178 on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Rival178 said:
    looks like draft is tonight, I'm in and ready.
    I totally forgot about until I saw an email notification. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    I'm going to reset it at some point.  We cannot draft when we don't know the rules MLB is setting up the season/schedule / rosters with.
    I'm going to reset it at some point.  We cannot draft when we don't know the rules MLB is setting up the season/schedule / rosters with.
    Ya snooze ya lose 😉
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I was around but it would have been crazy to do w/o knowing the rules for the season.
    Reset the teams, the draft never happened.  ;)
    edited May 2020
    I was around but it would have been crazy to do w/o knowing the rules for the season.

I see you reset the draft date to June 12
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

I see you reset the draft date to June 12
    I completely forgot there was a draft...
    Yeah I did the first time as well

I don't think that is gonna be far enough out I will need to move it again.

This shit sucks
    we still having a draft this Friday?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I moved it out again.  We cannot draft until we know that they will have a season and what the rules will be.
    Still hoping we get the chance....
    I moved it out again.  We cannot draft until we know that they will have a season and what the rules will be.
    Still hoping we get the chance....
    Not looking good.  Hello 94 and if that happens I take a break from baseball again.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Saturday night draft or bail???
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Going to be hard drafting when players are electing not play on a daily basis. Not sure if this will work unless we draft the night before games start.
    I think we need to just make a go at it.  
    Might want to make it a 'play for bragging rights'

I think we need to just make a go at it.  
    Might want to make it a 'play for bragging rights'

it'll be difficult. I'm down for just fun and bragging rights though

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I think with all of the uncertainty it is kinda a crap shoot if we gamble on it but I'm game either way.
    Don't want to move the date again though if we are gonna give it a go.
    I think with all of the uncertainty it is kinda a crap shoot if we gamble on it but I'm game either way.
    Don't want to move the date again though if we are gonna give it a go.
    So Saturday draft and for bragging rights only?

I'm good to go.
    I'm in for bragging rights, though I'm not sure I'll have cell service this weekend. I'll setup my auto draft in case. 

Pretty sure teams will end up having players that decide to sit, which will not be fun for them if it's a top 4 or 5 rounds guy.

Matt
    edited July 2020
    Yeah I always like having a stake but I think this year is way too crazy.  Bragging rights should be good enough for a quarter season or however long i fear they make it.
    Draft Tomorrow night guys.
    I'd say Saturday night is a bad time to do it but don't think people have anyplace to go.  I know I don't.