Options

Hey Ten Club... this is ridiculous... Re Drawing dates.

13»

Comments

• Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Sucks, but at least they didn’t cancel a concert you were going to when you were already traveling for it.
    Ugh, don't remind me. I'm still frustrated about it. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    KC138045 said:
    chottle said:
    +1 - Ridiculous that the dates are incorrect.  Why should we need to forensically examine the email to ensure they didn't make a mistake?  Email comes in, I see Feb 13 and mark it in my calendar.  Isn't that how it should work?  Same as Zebra27, locked out of the drawing.
    So you just ignored all the other emails that said the 12th?  All of the information on here, Facebook, And Twitter said the 12th.  I'm sorry but I have very little sympathy for those that missed the draw because they thought  the draw was today and not yesterday.  

I never even noticed the 13th typo.  I thought it was clear that the drawing was on the 12th from the very beginning.  
    I never saw the 13th either. PLENTY of info saying the 12th. It was really not confusing at all. 
    exactly. it's kind of humorous.  like now we are damning the 10c because of a single typo...where 99% of the membership knew the date was the 12th.

also lets be honest.  those of us posting here are fairly detailed about tickets.  you mean to tell me you read the email, saw the 13th date, and stopped reading all future postings/correspondence.  oooooooooooooooooooook

PJ concerts aren't my life.  I pay the membership fees for them to push me info, accurate info.  You guys need to quit sucking the Ten Club Ball Sack and get real.  Let’s make America great again!!!!
  • Options
    Quick sucking the 10C sack!  They sent out bad info, blamed us for not knowing they sent out bad info, and you people are cool with it?  How many people were screwed out of tickets due to the 10C error?  I asked for placement into the fan pre sale and they didn’t even respond to my email.  I’d rather pay more on stub hub than deal with this BS.  As long as you’re acting like mindless consumers, we’ll keep getting screwed over.  Didn’t PJ testify in congress about this exact same thing?  Also, how were tickets already available on StubHub before the tickets were released to the fans @ 1K per ticket?  Someone is getting rich and folks in this thread are acting likes it cool.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    You're funny chottle!

But in the meantime, I guess most of us aren't that upset because, um, I dunno, how many people responded to the 10Club lottery threads saying they got tix?  Seems like an awful lot of people figured it out, which kinda makes it seem like the few that saw conflicting dates and DIDN'T CHECK FOR WHICH DATE WAS RIGHT maybe are the only ones who are gonna get upset about this?

Paying attention or seeking clarity hardly makes us suck ups. But if calling us names makes you feel better about it, I guess you're gonna do what you're gonna do...
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,911
    edited February 2018
    chottle said:
    Quick sucking the 10C sack!  They sent out bad info, blamed us for not knowing they sent out bad info, and you people are cool with it?  How many people were screwed out of tickets due to the 10C error?  I asked for placement into the fan pre sale and they didn’t even respond to my email.  I’d rather pay more on stub hub than deal with this BS.  As long as you’re acting like mindless consumers, we’ll keep getting screwed over.  Didn’t PJ testify in congress about this exact same thing?  Also, how were tickets already available on StubHub before the tickets were released to the fans @ 1K per ticket?  Someone is getting rich and folks in this thread are acting likes it cool.
    They sent out an email with conflicting dates. That's on them. You failed to read the whole email or get clarification on which date was correct. That's on you. We're not acting like mindless consumers. We're acting like people who paid attention to a process and knew how and when it was going to work. You meanwhile are acting like someone who failed to do that and is now looking to blame others for that failure.

As for StubHub, read up on how it works. When you give them your money, make no mistake, you will be part of the problem. And those prices will keep getting charged.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,853
    chottle said:
    Folks in this thread are simply suggesting you read more than just the first line of an e-mail.

Also, it sucks that 10 Club is terrible at communication, but I'm not sure what they could have done regarding the pre-sale, as that whole thing was TicketMaster, with nothing to do at all with the 10 Club.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,058
    chottle said:
    There was a ton of info with the correct date.  I never once thought it was 13th.  The lottery couldn't be much easier and fan friendly.  Sorry you feel slighted but this time around it feels like 10c did a pretty great job of putting a LOT of tickets in fans hands.
  • Options
    All I'm reading is akin to "I love Pearl Jam so much and I want to see them so badly that when I got the initial email about a tour, I promptly did nothing for weeks to look any further into anything."  At this point I can't help but think the gripes are simply troll posts.  Call me crazy but once a tour was announced, I did nothing but listen to bootlegs and read the forums on a daily basis out of pure fucking excitement. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    I put it on my calendar too, but I put it on the day the lottery opened.  Having the option to change priority as the odds were posted, there was no reason to wait till the end.  As a matter of fact, I changed my 1st and 2nd priority selections two hours before the lottery closed.  I feel bad that people didn't enter, but they have no one but themselves to blame. 
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,930
    edited February 2018
    Why the sex shaming? Weird approach.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,930
    chottle said:
    Didn’t PJ testify in congress about this exact same thing?
    Nope. Not even close.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    People on here posted multiple threads questioning and complaining and praising every single aspect of the fanclub lottery before and during the lottery.
    I believe that there was not a single thread asking about the end date or complaining about the confusion over the end date until after the lottery closed and this thread was posted.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,762
    People on here posted multiple threads questioning and complaining and praising every single aspect of the fanclub lottery before and during the lottery.
    I believe that there was not a single thread asking about the end date or complaining about the confusion over the end date until after the lottery closed and this thread was posted.
    That's what I was thinking as well. Everything is fine and dandy until the kid doesn't get a toy when they go to the store. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mdaryamdarya The middle Posts: 68
    All I'm reading is akin to "I love Pearl Jam so much and I want to see them so badly that when I got the initial email about a tour, I promptly did nothing for weeks to look any further into anything."  At this point I can't help but think the gripes are simply troll posts.  Call me crazy but once a tour was announced, I did nothing but listen to bootlegs and read the forums on a daily basis out of pure fucking excitement. 
    +1.  
    06 Cincinnati
    10 Columbus, Noblesville
    11 Toronto-1
    13 Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    14 Cincinnati
    16 Lexington, Wrigley 1
    17 EV-Louisville
    18 Rome, Missoula, Wrigley 1, Boston 1
    22 Nasville, STL
    23 Ft Worth 1/2