Ohana Fest 2018

Comments

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Vikkivale said:
    I'm excited to see Plague Vendor on Saturday's lineup. I've seen them in some small clubs around LA and they are killer! 
    I thought Plague Vendor would be selling locusts, boils, darkness, etc.  
    Their merch booth is wild.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,327
    Don’t sleep on Eric Chuch either. Man puts on a hell of a show.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Just noticed that the 1-day 10C presale tickets are $25 less than the regular public tickets.

Great benefit of being a 10C member!
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    Love Mumford and The White Buffalo!

"...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    $25 service fee per ticket???? 
    FRONT GATE TICKETS IS CRIMINAL!! I'm fairly sure that service fee doesn't go to help Surfrider Foundation!
    So our 10C discount is basically the service fee cause regular price will be $100 for one day GA.
    FRONT GATE TICKETS IS CRIMINAL!! I'm fairly sure that service fee doesn't go to help Surfrider Foundation!
    So our 10C discount is basically the service fee cause regular price will be $100 for one day GA.
    Guess who owns Front Gate....Livenation!   Hence, the crazy service charge.

In any case, at least we save $25/ticket thru 10C.
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Guess who owns Front Gate....Livenation!   Hence, the crazy service charge.

In any case, at least we save $25/ticket thru 10C.

Service fee for ACL Fest is less than half that. SO we have to pay more because this is a smaller festival? Bullshit in action
  • stonesstones Posts: 187
    You can use the same pre-sale code for multiple days, to a maximum of 2 tickets per day.
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    Well, I think the 10C discount is to soften the blow of the “service fee”. I’m just glad I got my ticket without any hassles. Along with my beach view hotel room, it’s going to be a kickass birthday weekend,
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • batchybatchy Posts: 3
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Just noticed that the 1-day 10C presale tickets are $25 less than the regular public tickets.

When did you get the code, I have not received it yet?? 
    Well, I think the 10C discount is to soften the blow of the “service fee”. I’m just glad I got my ticket without any hassles. Along with my beach view hotel room, it’s going to be a kickass birthday weekend,
    What hotel did you get?

We got one in Mission Viejo.
    stones said:
    You can use the same pre-sale code for multiple days, to a maximum of 2 tickets per day.
    no, only for 2 tickets total
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    batchy said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

When did you get the code, I have not received it yet?? 

The code is in the announcement email from yesterday. 
    NYPJ
  • stonesstones Posts: 187
    edited May 2018
    stones said:
    Nope.  I got 2 for Sat and 2 for Sunday, in the same transaction.  Pretty sure the code can only be used once though.
    Post edited by stones on
    stones said:
    stones said:
    Nope.  I got 2 for Sat and 2 for Sunday, in the same transaction.  Pretty sure the code can only be used once though.
    Unique passwords are single use, and are limited to 2 tickets.
    From the 10C email...you may get 2 of your tickets cancelled. I'd be careful...
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    What hotel did you get?

I literally got the last room at Beach Front Inn & Suites at Dana Point. A 20 minutes walk to the fest.

JOEJOEJOE said:
    What hotel did you get?

I literally got the last room at Beach Front Inn & Suites at Dana Point. A 20 minutes walk to the fest.
    Good job!
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    What hotel did you get?

Good job!
    Thanks! I live in the Pasadena area and it's 1.5 hours drive to Dana Point. This year's festival is my birthday weekend, and I did  not want to drive back home after a long day at the beach. It was a drag to do that last year.  I got lucky.  =)

JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    What hotel did you get?

Good job!
    Thanks! I live in the Pasadena area and it's 1.5 hours drive to Dana Point. This year's festival is my birthday weekend, and I did  not want to drive back home after a long day at the beach. It was a drag to do that last year.  I got lucky.  =)
    It is also my wife's b-day weekend.  We have stayed over the past 2 years....too long of a drive after a full day out in the sun!
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    The discount from 10c is greatly appreciated, but the service fee charged by the ticket vendor is nuts!!!
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
    For anyone who has done Ohana in the past, is the shuttle a must?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
    PSUS2H said:
    The shuttle is convenient, but the lines to get the shuttle at the end of the night are massive.

If you are staying close-by, you may want to use Uber or Lyft.
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    PSUS2H said:
    The shuttle is convenient, but the lines to get the shuttle at the end of the night are massive.

Driving in from LA, so rideshare isn't practical. Close enough to drive, too far to Uber.
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    PSUS2H said:

Last year I used the shuttle to enter the festival, but simply walked back to my car at the end of the night. The long shuttle line just wasn't worth the wait. It took about 15-20 minutes to walk from the festival to my car, so certainly not unbearable.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    edited May 2018
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    PSUS2H said:

Last year I used the shuttle to enter the festival, but simply walked back to my car at the end of the night. The long shuttle line just wasn't worth the wait. It took about 15-20 minutes to walk from the festival to my car, so certainly not unbearable.
    I believe you and Joe are possibly referring to two different shuttles. There's an off-site shuttle that runs from the San Clemente Outlets to the festival for $10 roundtrip per day (Referenced here: https://www.ohanafest.com/travel/#transportation).
    There are also free shuttles that run within the Doheny State Beach parking lot, which go to the sections of the parking lot further down the beach (When I didn't park in the immediate lot next to the fest entrance, I took this shuttle inbound last year and then walked back to my car afterward which I believe is what walkunafraid is referencing). 
    I can't speak to the off-site shuttle as I have not taken it either year at Ohana.
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    kasedoug said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    PSUS2H said:

I believe you and Joe are possibly referring to two different shuttles. There's an off-site shuttle that runs from the San Clemente Outlets to the festival for $10 roundtrip per day (Referenced here: https://www.ohanafest.com/travel/#transportation).
    There are also free shuttles that run within the Doheny State Beach parking lot, which go to the sections of the parking lot further down the beach (When I didn't park in the immediate lot next to the fest entrance, I took this shuttle inbound last year and then walked back car afterward which I believe is what walkunafraid is referencing). 
    I can't speak to the off-site shuttle as I have not taken it either year at Ohana.
    You are correct on my end. I have no experience with the San Clemente shuttle. I park in the Doheny lot, which is I highly recommend.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
    I parked at San Clemente Outlets last year for the shuttle (not walkable). It was convenient getting to Doheny, but it looked like a bitch and a half getting back. So unfortunately, I left while Eddie and Glenn were singing on stage, in order to get a jump over the crowd getting back on the shuttle. I was so bummed out about having to do that, but I was tired as hell and had a long drive -I didn't need the additional stress of waiting in line for a shuttle. However, based on my experience, this is why I got a hotel close by. Now, I can stay to the very end, and then walk to my hotel.

• marcPJfanmarcPJfan Austin, TX Posts: 802
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    What hotel did you get?

Nice!  I can’t believe they still had rooms yesterday.  I got a room for all 3 nights.  Free parking.  Free continental breakfast.  Fridge.  Can’t beat it for $124/night.
    09/16/95, 09/16/96, 06/29/98, 07/02/98, 07/05/98, 09/08/98, 09/10/98, 09/11/98, 09/18/98, 09/19/98, 06/13/99, 10/30/99, 10/31/99, 05/29/00, 05/30/00, 10/14/00, 10/17/00, 10/18/00, 11/05/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/06/02, 04/05/03, 04/06/03, 06/09/03, 10/22/03, 09/24/04, 05/12/06, 05/13/06, 05/27/06, 05/28/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 06/11/08, 06/12/08, 08/01/08, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 10/04/09, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/06/10, 05/07/10, 07/02/11, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 10/23/11, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/19/14, 10/25/14, 10/26/14, 11/28/15, 04/23/16, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 09/09/17, 08/18/18, 09/02/18, 09/04/18, 10/01/21, 10/02/21, 05/06/22, 05/07/22, 05/12/22, 05/13/22, 08/31/23, 09/02/23, 09/13/23, 09/15/23, 09/18/23, 09/19/23
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    marcPJfan said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    What hotel did you get?

Nice!  I can’t believe they still had rooms yesterday.  I got a room for all 3 nights.  Free parking.  Free continental breakfast.  Fridge.  Can’t beat it for $124/night.
    Wow! Nice score.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    stones said:
    stones said:
    Unique passwords are single use, and are limited to 2 tickets.
    From the 10C email...you may get 2 of your tickets cancelled. I'd be careful...

Ten Club is not selling these tickets, we are simply sharing an opportunity to buy discounted tickets before the public onsale. For ticketing questions please contact the festival at www.TheOhanaFest.com.