2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• DFBrooksDFBrooks Posts: 80
    Four week fall tour 2019 USA
    Album in 2020 with an extensive tour USA and Australia.
    2021 S America 
    I got id
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    DFBrooks said:
    2021 S America 
    I choose to believe you. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    DFBrooks said:
    2021 S America 
    Just when I was losing interest this post just sucked me back in. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    I'm inferring that @DFBrooks is guessing here and not from an informed source, correct?
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    DFBrooks said:
    2021 S America 
    FWIW The last time @dfbrooks made a comment like this was in 2011 and he said he heard that Pearl Jam was planning a West Coast tour to end the year, including stops in Phoenix  San  FrancDiego Sanisco Portland  finishing the tour in Seattle.  The rumor turned out to be true albeit exactly two years later in 2013.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I am inferring that @given2fly23 inferring that @DFBrooks guessing is a correct guess, correct? 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    DFBrooks said:
    2021 S America 

i see you're a writer for alternative nation
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
    I am inferring that @given2fly23 inferring that @DFBrooks guessing is a correct guess, correct? 
    Are you implying that my inference was correct? Because that is what I'm inferring. 
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    You would be correct to infer that I believed your inference to be the correct inference...if ever there were to be an inference that were to be correct, this would be said inference, at least...I infer.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,642
    Definitely spending time in Seattle.  Hoping for some hits!

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/116480009-132.html
    I guess if you're not going to play hits, try to get hits.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    DFBrooks said:
    2021 S America 
    I dont think they will release an album and and not milk the european festivals like they have been doing the last decade.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,444
    Brisk. said:
    DFBrooks said:
    2021 S America 
    I dont think they will release an album and and not milk the european festivals like they have been doing the last decade.
    They can milk the festivals with or without an album.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Get_Right said:
    Brisk. said:
    DFBrooks said:
    2021 S America 
    Haha true.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    I sure hope they don’t skip Europe with a new album in tow
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    JPPJ84 said:
    Nowadays it would seem impossible that they'd pass over Europe but, surprisingly, they did so for the Vitalogy, Yield, and Riot Act tours!
    rummy said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Nowadays it would seem impossible that they'd pass over Europe but, surprisingly, they did so for the Vitalogy, Yield, and Riot Act tours!
    That was before Ed acquired a taste for good red wine.
    rummy said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    That was a different era, when they were releasing a new album every 12-18 months and alternating tours between Europe and Asia/Oz (always US, no South America back then). You can't release an album in 1995, tour the US, Europe and Asia/Oz and then do it all again in 1996. Now they release an album and have at least 2 years to hit every continent in support of it, then 3-4 years of non-album shows.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    edited May 2019
    Get_Right said:
    Brisk. said:
    DFBrooks said:
    2021 S America 

Yet there is more milk undrunk in the MSG Cash Cow and it even has reasonable proximity to an ocean, unlike most euro fests. 

I thought Pearl Jambi loved oceans?

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
    Get_Right said:
    Brisk. said:
    DFBrooks said:
    2021 S America 

Yet there is more milk undrunk in the MSG Cash Cow and it even has reasonable proximity to an ocean, unlike most euro fests. 

Any show is a cash cow with all the merch they sell.  But 50,000 fans a day is more of a cash cow than MSG no matter how you do the math.
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Brisk. said:
    DFBrooks said:
    2021 S America 

Any show is a cash cow with all the merch they sell.  But 50,000 fans a day is more of a cash cow than MSG no matter how you do the math.

Not if you price tickets at fair value. A 200 ave price for an act this popular and rare is reasonable and there's no way they are generating a $4M gross at festivals with all the acts needed to share the fest stage imo.
    Before the pro fest crowd slams my comment, here is an interesting take on the mother of all fests:

"They were initially told by Spring- steen’s agent that they couldn’t  afford him but the Boss relented  after being sent a dossier about the festival’s history and donations to good causes.

The power of Glastonbury had worked its magic again."

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Haha, he's just a kid who wants a league ball. 

Damn, nice seat right in between McLeod and Epstein!
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Brisk. said:
    DFBrooks said:
    2021 S America 

Not if you price tickets at fair value. A 200 ave price for an act this popular and rare is reasonable and there's no way they are generating a $4M gross at festivals with all the acts needed to share the fest stage imo.
    I suppose if they charged $200 a ticket they could match or exceed their festival payday, not taking merch into consideration. I think they get paid 2m for a festival set. But I don't know that for sure. But what makes MSG different from any other major city that they sell out?

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I don't assume that stadiums will be the norm. It makes sense for non-album/tour years, but if they're doing a full arena tour, stadiums don't make as much sense. As someone said above, the stadiums were "events."

Agreed. I don't know why so many seem to think they are ONLY going to play baseball stadiums from now on.  That's just asinine.
    edited May 2019
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Brisk. said:
    DFBrooks said:
    2021 S America 

I suppose if they charged $200 a ticket they could match or exceed their festival payday, not taking merch into consideration. I think they get paid 2m for a festival set. But I don't know that for sure. But what makes MSG different from any other major city that they sell out?

60 million live within a 4 hour drive of MSG. No other place in the US comes close to that. And the ocean is nearby.

Getting MSG Tickets is a nearly impossible experience, even when fans have a 20 arena show itinerary to choose from. The demand there is unparalleled. They can charge the highest prices here and draw the most fans.

I put up an interesting Springstten/Glastonbury comment about fest economics. Bruce had to be convinced to play there for its culture, not money
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Brisk. said:
    DFBrooks said:
    2021 S America 

60 million live within a 4 hour drive of MSG. No other place in the US comes close to that. And the ocean is nearby.

Getting MSG Tickets is a nearly impossible experience, even when fans have a 20 arena show itinerary to choose from. The demand there is unparalleled. They can charge the highest prices here and draw the most fans.

I put up an interesting Springstten/Glastonbury comment about fest economics. Bruce had to be convinced to play there for its culture, not money
    I'm going to say the real world radius of driving to the heart of Manhattan in 4 hours is going to shrink that number considerably.
    pjl44 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Brisk. said:
    DFBrooks said:
    2021 S America 

I'm going to say the real world radius of driving to the heart of Manhattan in 4 hours is going to shrink that number considerably.

You'd be surprised how bad traffic is in any eastern metro area. NY is closer to many more cities than Boston and our arenas and stadiums are from this century.  
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I don't assume that stadiums will be the norm. It makes sense for non-album/tour years, but if they're doing a full arena tour, stadiums don't make as much sense. As someone said above, the stadiums were "events."

Agreed. I don't know why so many seem to think they are ONLY going to play baseball stadiums from now on.  That's just asinine.
    Nobody thinks it will be Stadiums only... but they will continue to become more of the norm, especially in certain markets

When is the last time they played an arena/ampitheater in Chicago? 13 years ago?