2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    With Ed playing the innings festival next March I’m tipping a West Coast March / April PJ tour. Album will be released in summer. More US shows then down to OZ October / November. Europe and SA the year after. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • With Ed playing the innings festival next March I’m tipping a West Coast March / April PJ tour. Album will be released in summer. More US shows then down to OZ October / November. Europe and SA the year after. 

It won't be in October because of baseball.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    With Ed playing the innings festival next March I’m tipping a West Coast March / April PJ tour. Album will be released in summer. More US shows then down to OZ October / November. Europe and SA the year after. 
    With no rumours of anything down the pipeline I do not see how anything before July is even possible.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345

You never can tell too far in advance but I'm not too sure about the Cubs playoff chances next year...Brewers should be strong again and the Cards just got Goldschmidt.
  • DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    I like this prediction!
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    DSTRUB said:
    I like this prediction!
    Same here. A summer US tour would be perfect for this teachers schedule!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Aaannnddd crickets 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • rummy said:

You never can tell too far in advance but I'm not too sure about the Cubs playoff chances next year...Brewers should be strong again and the Cards just got Goldschmidt.
    Barring any unforeseen moves, the Cubs will be betting favorites over both those teams to not only win the division, but also the National League.  Plus, there are 2 wild cards.  The Cubs finished third in the NL Central in 2015 and made the NLCS.
  • deagator3 said:
    rummy said:

Barring any unforeseen moves, the Cubs will be betting favorites over both those teams to not only win the division, but also the National League.  Plus, there are 2 wild cards.  The Cubs finished third in the NL Central in 2015 and made the NLCS.
    The Cubs will certainly be relevant for years to come. They may not make the playoffs every year going forward (injuries or resurgence of competition is unpredictable) but it’s safe to say October touring is out for the foreseeable future.
  • Regarding the Cubs:

Keep in mind that things happen "behind the scenes" many months in advance. Venues have to be booked, travel plans have to be made, security details have to be planned out, ticketing issues and concerns have to be solved, show-exclusive merch has to be created via the artist availability and probably tons of other things that we don't even realize.

I wouldn't be surprised if things start happening in February or March for late fall.

The Cubs could have a series of injuries, tank in August and by that point, it could be too late for a tour.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    edited December 2018
    Regarding the Cubs:

Keep in mind that things happen "behind the scenes" many months in advance. Venues have to be booked, travel plans have to be made, security details have to be planned out, ticketing issues and concerns have to be solved, show-exclusive merch has to be created via the artist availability and probably tons of other things that we don't even realize.

I wouldn't be surprised if things start happening in February or March for late fall.

The Cubs could have a series of injuries, tank in August and by that point, it could be too late for a tour.
    There is no way this band is planning tours on whether the Cubs will be in the playoffs or not. You are right and it is impossible to guess. It is either they are open to touring in the fall again or they are not. 

Does anyone remember when the rumours started rolling in for the 2013 shows? I think tickets went on sale in July but just curious when the legitimate rumours started flowing in. I remember when Wrigley/London were announced they had a tidbit to stay tuned for more plans in January. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    PJNB said:
    Regarding the Cubs:

There is no way this band is planning tours on whether the Cubs will be in the playoffs or not. You are right and it is impossible to guess. It is either they are open to touring in the fall again or they are not. 

Does anyone remember when the rumours started rolling in for the 2013 shows? I think tickets went on sale in July but just curious when the legitimate rumours started flowing in. I remember when Wrigley/London were announced they had a tidbit to stay tuned for more plans in January. 
    There was a count down clock that started on July 1st. Canada Day.  Before that most “rumours “ were pointing to a 2014 new album release. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited December 2018
    2013 Wrigley Show in July - Announced In January 2013

2013 October / November US Tour - Announced in June 2013 along with Lightning Bolt album

2014 Fall US Tour - Announced May 2014

2016 April/May US Tour - Supposed to be announced in December 2015 but got announced January 2016 due to Bonnaroo

2018 Europe June Tour - Announced early December 2017

Today is December 12th.  If history is any predictor, plus the fact that even the Greek says all is silent, it looks like nothing international anytime before July and nothing in the US/Canada before June
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    edited December 2018
    So is there a tiny glimmer of hope of spring shows announced in Jan? I guess if we hear nothing by Feb 1st then time to find another hobby.
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • radarradar Posts: 767

Today is December 12th.  If history is any predictor, plus the fact that even the Greek says all is silent, it looks like nothing international anytime before July and nothing in the US/Canada before June
    Unless we talk about solo show
  • Anyone think Eddie is going to play Jazzfest for its 50th anniversary? 

He was supposed to play in 2012.  But he cancelled. He has never had a Louisiana solo show since then, or ever for that matter. 

I see he is playing Innings Fest. I know that is baseball related, so that was probably his open door to get onto that festival. 

anything is possible. The Lineup for Jazzfest comes out in early January 2019. 
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Coachella lineup announced first week of Jan.
    2013 Wrigley Show in July - Announced In January 2013

2013 October / November US Tour - Announced in June 2013 along with Lightning Bolt album

2014 Fall US Tour - Announced May 2014

2016 April/May US Tour - Supposed to be announced in December 2015 but got announced January 2016 due to Bonnaroo

2018 Europe June Tour - Announced early December 2017

• just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907
    i was really hoping for an eddie solo european tour with 2 shows in lisbon during the summer...or at least one in a festival
  • radarradar Posts: 767
    just_one said:
    i was really hoping for an eddie solo european tour with 2 shows in lisbon during the summer...or at least one in a festival
    Last solo eu tour was announced in February. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    edited December 2018
    I think any tour dates will be driven by whichever festival PJ decides to play.  Not 100% sure but it seems like they announce a festival or ball park shows and then a short tour. Id guess EV tour in the spring (which makes sense based on the announced date), some festival summer or fall and then a few PJ dates.  IF they play at all.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited December 2018
    Seems like big shows are getting announced earlier and earlier.  Tool announced June Europe arena shows a month ago and I'm expecting they'll announce US shows as soon as all these festival announcements are done.
    If Pearl Jam is touring in the spring or summer, I think we are in the announcement window.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    You heard it here first...
    PJ....Masks playing TPAC on 5/12 :whistle::who_me:

radar said:
    just_one said:
    Last solo eu tour was announced in February. 
    And we had plenty of rumours and heads up before then too. There is nothing right now aside from a couple of festival rumours that always pop up and are usually false. Hope I am wrong but as of right now there is nothing concrete planned for the band or for EV solo either. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    All signs point to them recording. A new album will mean shows. It'll happen soon enough.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    I think it’ll end up looking like 2013, without the London and Wrigley shows.  
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    edited December 2018
    You're thinking they will go back to touring in October? That really is the wild card right now to be honest. If they do not then I think it is going to be a slower year then expected obviously. Of course this all depends on what is going on with the album as well. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
    edited December 2018
    PJNB said:
    You're thinking they will go back to touring in October? That really is the wild card right now to be honest. If they do not then I think it is going to be a slower year then expected obviously. Of course this all depends on what is going on with the album as well. 
    I just don’t see them going 3 years in a row without a proper North America tour.... especially with a new album.  Even if they announced something next week, it would be for April at the earliest, and for the 2016 tour we had 2 months worth of solid rumors 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    jjflash said:
    You heard it here first...
    PJ....Masks playing TPAC on 5/12 :whistle::who_me:

I SAW PEARL JAM
    PJNB said:
    I just don’t see them going 3 years in a row without a proper North America tour.... especially with a new album.  Even if they announced something next week, it would be for April at the earliest, and for the 2016 tour we had 2 months worth of solid rumors 
    We pick vacation the first week of January. I get 2 weeks off in the summer which I think will be in August. The other 6 weeks are going to be a mix of September, October, November, and December (Christmas week). Sounds like a lot of time off but still going to be hard to hit the right time with no rumours to go off of. 
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    We pick vacation the first week of January. I get 2 weeks off in the summer which I think will be in August. The other 6 weeks are going to be a mix of September, October, November, and December (Christmas week). Sounds like a lot of time off but still going to be hard to hit the right time with no rumours to go off of. 
    Luckily for me, my vacation resets July 1st.  But I've already booked other trips and written off January- June for this year.  Hoping I can get lucky in the fall with a tour.