2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Noload said:
    lolobugg said:
    What's so special about the Atlanta gigs? Want to plan a US trip should the guys decide to throw a big US tour over the next 2 years.

nothing super special other than they haven't played a proper concert in the city since 2003.

they have a connection to ATL because parts of Vitalogy and No Code were recorded there.

it's also a major market in the US. probably the biggest city in the South proper.

All of this plus I would say the 2 shows at the Fox Theater in April 1994 for years were considered top shelf especially the Easter show that was broadcast on the radio. The sound and set was so good for that time on many of the bootlegs we used to have to rely on in the early days.

Amazing that list all this and forget https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pearl-jams-jeff-ament-injured-in-robbery-outside-atlanta-studio-90958/

Yep. probably the #1 reason that they haven't been back.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    lolobugg said:
    Noload said:
    lolobugg said:
    What's so special about the Atlanta gigs? Want to plan a US trip should the guys decide to throw a big US tour over the next 2 years.

nothing super special other than they haven't played a proper concert in the city since 2003.

they have a connection to ATL because parts of Vitalogy and No Code were recorded there.

it's also a major market in the US. probably the biggest city in the South proper.

All of this plus I would say the 2 shows at the Fox Theater in April 1994 for years were considered top shelf especially the Easter show that was broadcast on the radio. The sound and set was so good for that time on many of the bootlegs we used to have to rely on in the early days.

Amazing that list all this and forget https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pearl-jams-jeff-ament-injured-in-robbery-outside-atlanta-studio-90958/

Yep. probably the #1 reason that they haven't been back.
    That would seem to be a good reason not to want to go back. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    whats up bitches??
    Why now you don't start spilling?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    whats up bitches??

Is it accurate that there will be a US leg (or legs) sometime after the album releases and maybe Australia.  No South America in 2019.  No Europe in 2019.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited July 2018
    Aussie 2019 has to be coming soon... its too late for anything to be announced for 2018, the ballpark shows should be it 

The wild card of 2019 for me is if Japan will get a show while they're on that side of the world or not
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Jan/Feb 2019 - Australia/NZ, 5-6 shows.
    March/April 2019 - New album.
    Summer 2019 - US/Canada, two legs, 20-24 shows total (with break between legs).
    US/Canada shows will include 2-3 festival appearances.
    No baseball stadiums in 2019.
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    I think there will be a lot of rooting going on with wad and snag when the next shows are announced. 
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    chiefnjk said:
    For real? Pls no stadiums Down Under.
  • dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    wow.. page ten this was on. very slow times in the rumor mill
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I don't think they're as far along as the album as we'd hope.   I'm thinking maybe they go back to the studio, and worry about setting tour dates once they figure out the album stuff.
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    edited August 2018
    I read the Montana interview and Jeff said he "hopes" the band will get back together after the tour to work on album. That also means it's possible they won't get back together anytime soon to complete a new album. Trying to see glass half full, but I wonder if maybe recording is a chore for the band after almost 30 years? Wish they were more like their mentor Neil Young who seems to put out a new album every year!

By comparison, U2 has come out with two full length albums since Pearl Jam put out Lightning Bolt in 2013. U2 are "gazillionaires" who want to still make new music - PJ, maybe not so much...and that's okay. They don't owe us anymore than they've already given: great live shows in 2018 and 10 awesome albums and B-sides. We are spoiled by this band...and maybe a bit greedy too! LOL ;)

EDIT: Here's link:
    https://www.inquisitr.com/5017552/pearl-jam-reveals-some-disappointing-news-about-their-new-album/
    Post edited by thispureamericanriot on
    For what it's worth, last week Live Nation AU/NZ posted an article about the PJ wine on their FB page. A sign of something big to come? Although LN isn't their promoter down under.
  • beachybeachy Posts: 30
    Announcement for an Oz tour in the next couple of weeks. Rumours are trickling through from a reliable source. Been waiting 5 years!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    beachy said:i
    Announcement for an Oz tour in the next couple of weeks. Rumours are trickling through from a reliable source. Been waiting 5 years!!
    Which month your reliable sources talkings about? 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    chiefnjk said:
    When they release an album at first part of the year they always support it in europe the summer. I doubt they will release  album march 2019 and do euro tour summer 2020,16 months later 
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • beachy said:
    February/march
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
    chiefnjk said:
    When they release an album at first part of the year they always support it in europe the summer. I doubt they will release  album march 2019 and do euro tour summer 2020,16 months later 
    Cool, I was just making some predictions. Are you thinking no new album in 2019 then? Or another Europe run next summer?
  • xjoshfromworkxxjoshfromworkx Moline, IL Posts: 138
    After hitting Chicago 4 times from 2016-2018, I'm hoping maybe they'll swing back on down to Moline, IL in 2019 and give Chicago a break! Mostly so I can just drive 5 minutes to the venue.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    chiefnjk said:
    Which part do you doubt more? The album or the tour? 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited August 2018
    So many cities are due for a show in 2019. Time to bust out an 85 show three leg tour.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    No way we see Europe again next summer. They have too many NA sites to hit before then. 2020 at the earliest. 
  • -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    it's time!!!
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
    PJNB said:
    No way we see Europe again next summer. They have too many NA sites to hit before then. 2020 at the earliest. 
    Agreed.
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    it's time!!!
    Yes...please don't avoid the Bay Area. We are a lot like PNWesterners! ;)
  • DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Take it for what it’s worth, I chatted with a PJ worker at an airport, I asked him about 2019, he stated.. “very busy in 2019”

-Take 3 months after Home/away shows to record and finish up the new album.
    -Australia tour  would be first (Jan or Feb?)
    -Asia (March/April?)
    -Europe (June/July?)
    -USA (August, sept, oct?)

it was very general conversation but he was legit, not going to rat the guy out. He did mention those plans could change of course at anytime. Idk if he mentioned Latin America, I was just shocked he mentioned Japan and China.

New Album= WORLD TOUR 2019

2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
    DSTRUB said:
    Take it for what it’s worth, I chatted with a PJ worker at an airport, I asked him about 2019, he stated.. “very busy in 2019”

-Take 3 months after Home/away shows to record and finish up the new album.
    -Australia tour  would be first (Jan or Feb?)
    -Asia (March/April?)
    -Europe (June/July?)
    -USA (August, sept, oct?)

it was very general conversation but he was legit, not going to rat the guy out. He did mention those plans could change of course at anytime. Idk if he mentioned Latin America, I was just shocked he mentioned Japan and China.

New Album= WORLD TOUR 2019

in other words,i need to rob not 1,but 3 banks in 2019..hahaha
  • pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 497
    edited August 2018
    I’ve heard from reliable sources Asia too
    and i’m sure if they hit this part of Asia they will go to Aussie too
    Either feb through april
    Post edited by pashapasaman on
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907
    Please dont tour europe in the summer...it means Pearl jam will do a festival in Portugal 
    Great news if true, finally Asia after all these years.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    I’m Saving every penny I have for a show at Budokan
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II