Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,749
    Sounds like the Woodstock rumour is going to come to fruition. Sounds like beginning of  August is a good time for vacation for anyone who might need to make a request. Also sounds like a full North America tour depending on album completion

*this can all change 
    Thanks for the update!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Sounds like the Woodstock rumour is going to come to fruition. Sounds like beginning of  August is a good time for vacation for anyone who might need to make a request. Also sounds like a full North America tour depending on album completion

*this can all change 
    Whoa. 
    Thank you for the update bud!
    NJ here we come! Really torn if the Woodstock is true. I have holidays and imagine it will be a great festival but not sure I want to burn a weekend away from the kids for a festival set unless they are hinting at something greater. Also a full NA tour in August/September would be sick! 
    No way I would go to Woodstock. I am done with festivals.   

x1000

Some of us were 20 somethings when Alive first hit this thing called FM radio (with an F not X).

Do the math PJ....standing in mud for 10 hours at my age? At YOUR age (Jeff...Matt??)

If they were the type of band to play 50+ shows a year...to throw away 5 or so shows on a festival would be no biggie, but a PJ arena show in the US is a rare bird these days. ANY PJ show is a rare bird these days.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,796

*this can all change 
    Thanks for the heads up ........I hate trusting Leaf fans............😁😁😁😁
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

*this can all change 
    Whoa. 
    NJ here we come! Really torn if the Woodstock is true. I have holidays and imagine it will be a great festival but not sure I want to burn a weekend away from the kids for a festival set unless they are hinting at something greater. Also a full NA tour in August/September would be sick! 

x1000

Some of us were 20 somethings when Alive first hit this thing called FM radio (with an F not X).

Do the math PJ....standing in mud for 10 hours at my age? At YOUR age (Jeff...Matt??)

If they were the type of band to play 50+ shows a year...to throw away 5 or so shows on a festival would be no biggie, but a PJ arena show in the US is a rare bird these days. ANY PJ show is a rare bird these days.
    Nothing wrong with letting some younger fans up front to breathe some fresh air into a set. 
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 431
    Really hope Lolla isn't true. Don't think I can drag myself through that shit show. Not to be a downer. Really wish they were playing Roo.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

*this can all change 
    Whoa. 

x1000

Nothing wrong with letting some younger fans up front to breathe some fresh air into a set. 

I agree, IF they played a decent amount of US arena shows
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    edited January 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

*this can all change 
    Whoa. 

x1000

I agree, IF they played a decent amount of US arena shows
    When not if
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192

*this can all change 
    Any insight into specific cities or regions!?
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422

*this can all change 
    Thanks for the  info.

Big pass if they play Woodstock.

Now, a North American Tour is all me.
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    I just got a save the date for a relative’s wedding the same weekend as Woodstock. I was planning on going whether Pearl Jam played or not, but now I’m sure they will play. Same thing happened for their HOF induction. 
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    CW55354 said:
    I just got a save the date for a relative’s wedding the same weekend as Woodstock. I was planning on going whether Pearl Jam played or not, but now I’m sure they will play. Same thing happened for their HOF induction. 
    Fifty percent of all marriages end in divorce. Go to Woodstock!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    rummy said:
    CW55354 said:
    Winner, right here. Send it to them, they'll make it into a t-shirt.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    rummy said:
    CW55354 said:
    Lol. I’ll be sure to write that down on the rsvp. I may have to break off all my relationships with people. Pearl Jam just doesn’t tour enough to risk having other commitments when they finally play. 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    rummy said:
    CW55354 said:
    Fifty percent of all Pearl Jam shows end in "Yellow Ledbetter". Go to Woodstock!
  • Options
    ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    Ryan said:

*this can all change 
    Thank you for the info!

For those keeping track, this guy called “seven stadium shows 2018” before the Home/Away shows were announced.  He knows his stuff.

and this is what he said when he called it, lets hope it still holds up "7 shows 8/8 and 8/10 Seattle. Boston and Chicago. Forget where the other one is.  Us and Canada Tour in 2019 also. Not sure about anywhere else".... Western Canada please!!!
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    CW55354 said:
    I missed Philly 2 (the ten show) because of a wedding. It sucks but you have to go to the wedding.  There will be other dates. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    mcgruff10 said:
    CW55354 said:
    I missed Philly 2 (the ten show) because of a wedding. It sucks but you have to go to the wedding.  There will be other dates. 
    Skip the wedding. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    CW55354 said:
    Skip the wedding. 
    Yeah, Woodstock date was announced first.  You already had it saved for that.  It's unfortunate the save the date didn't arrive sooner...
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    All depends who's wedding it is. If it is my friend or a mutual friend with my wife or a relative that is a first cousin or closer I am going. If it is a friend of my wife's and I am not close at all I would do Woodstock. Also if the wedding is a Friday/Saturday you maybe able to pull off Sunday depending on where you live. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    mcgruff10 said:
    CW55354 said:
    Maybe the band can make it up to you by playing it again at Danny Clinch’s Sea.Hear.Now festival in September.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    CW55354 said:
    Maybe the band can make it up to you by playing it again at Danny Clinch’s Sea.Hear.Now festival in September.  =)
    Is that back on? Did you go last year?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    CW55354 said:
    Is that back on? Did you go last year?
    It’s back again this year.  Tickets went on sale this week.  $99 early bird for two day pass.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Ms0331Ms0331 United States Posts: 81
    Does anyone think we will get any PJ European or other international shows in June, July or August this year?  I need to put my summer time off requests in for work very soon.  I am secretly hoping for PJ to be announced as a headliner for Isle of Wight or Lollapalooza Paris this week.  Trying to plan a family trip outside of the US around PJ shows!
  • Options
    Senlick said:
    Does anyone think we will get any PJ European or other international shows in June, July or August this year?  I need to put my summer time off requests in for work very soon.  I am secretly hoping for PJ to be announced as a headliner for Isle of Wight or Lollapalooza Paris this week.  Trying to plan a family trip outside of the US around PJ shows!
    Not looking like PJ in Europe this year. Small rumours of an EV tour in Europe and strong rumours of a US tour this summer/fall depending on the album completion. 
  • Options
    Any idea when the EV tour will be announced if true?
  • Options
    Senlick said:
    Any idea when the EV tour will be announced if true?
    2017 was Mar 6th. Surprised if it happens since he just did one in 2017 and no new music has been made. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the information 
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,902
    It was posted on FB that an Australian (Melbourne) radio station is suggesting a rumoured PJ tour in OZ later this year. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    MAMIAST said:

One of the first articles that felt like we got some truth on the album.  Sounds like Ed isn't too keen on making records.