Options

Please PJ, release this as a video, vault, whatever.. thanks

08/17/93 - Robert Guertin Arena: Hull, Quebec
support act: Doughboys
The arena was packed and many people got in free. The set opens with 'Go' and 'Animal.' 'Rearviewmirror' is played midway through the set, in a slow love ballad style. Most all of Ten is played with the exception of 'Release' and 'Garden.' During the third encore, with half of the lights on, a very intoxicated Ed enters the stage with a big wooden cross with a skull on each end with a candle (or a candle in the shape of a skull). Half was already gone. Someone was brought on stage to sit and hold the cross while they played just one song ... 'Indifference.'

This should be Vault #8.. or even better, a full concert blu-ray. Please, give us an obscure uncirculated show at least once. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    That would be awesome!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    A couple of things.
    I'm intrigued by this description of RVM. 
    Given Ed's intoxication, I'm willing to bet everything I own and all of my assets that a bluray will never, ever happen. To add to that, I can't think if there's ANY sort of video of this, releasing it on a high quality like bluray would be more work than any sort of return they'd get on a release to fan club members and anyone else wanting to see it. 

I think we've got our visual release for the next almost five years coming out in November. 
  • Options
    Yep i agree totally. I would be very very SURPRISED if they even considered to bring out something that obscure. If Atlanta 94 exists as a video format i don't get why they just don't release that. A legendary show that would make them a good profit on top of giving PJ fans some sheer happiness ! So much footage out there that would be mindblowing to see !
  • Options
    Yep i agree totally. I would be very very SURPRISED if they even considered to bring out something that obscure. If Atlanta 94 exists as a video format i don't get why they just don't release that. A legendary show that would make them a good profit on top of giving PJ fans some sheer happiness ! So much footage out there that would be mindblowing to see !
    I'm beginning to wonder if the band owns any of the rights to older video and audio? I find it hard to believe that they release only one live vault release a year now and that show seems to be on the heels of a pirated release.
  • Options
    They own the rights to their recorded shows. Shouldn't even be a question. 

They just release what they want when they want. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    Something filmed in 1993, even a pro shot, would be a waste as a blu ray.  The resolution would be 480 at best, and not in 16x9.  
  • Options
    They own the rights to their recorded shows. Shouldn't even be a question. 

They just release what they want when they want. 
    I wish they'd release the older shows that we all would love to hear.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Something filmed in 1993, even a pro shot, would be a waste as a blu ray.  The resolution would be 480 at best, and not in 16x9.  
    Yes. This. M is much smarter than I with details, but this is what I was getting at. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,430
    Bruce is releasing one new show a month on Nugs on the first Friday of each month.  Wish they would do something like that. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    nugs is making the boss whacks of cash and i love that he released clarence's last show.