Cineplex theaters will be screening Let's Play Two in Canada

Comments

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    edited September 2017
    Roll call:  who is going to the Toronto Sun Sept 29 show at 7pm?
    Is it showing at the Toronto Sun hq on Friday the 29th or Sunday the 1st (sorry, couldn’t help myself)?

I’m aiming for the Scarborough show on the 5th (it was still showing on the cineplex site when I looked today). Hope I’m not making a mistake trying to convince a PJ newbie to come along, lol.

Edit to add: Did you mean the Yonge-Dundas theatre on Friday September 29th at 7pm?
    Post edited by DarthMaeglin on
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    Roll call:  who is going to the Toronto Sun Sept 29 show at 7pm?
    +2 at Yonge and Dundas for 7PM, see you folks!
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,324
    Anyone else here attending the only Nova Scotia showing @ Park Lane, Halifax next Thursday?
  • mckaymckay Posts: 156
    demetrios said:
    Anyone else here attending the only Nova Scotia showing @ Park Lane, Halifax next Thursday?
    Myself and a few friends are coming up from Truro to see it.  Can't wait!
    mckay said:
    demetrios said:
    Myself and a few friends are coming up from Truro to see it.  Can't wait!
    Sweet! See ya's there. :)
  • I'm confused. When is the date for Canada?  Is it Oct 5th or Sep 29th?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    I'm confused. When is the date for Canada?  Is it Oct 5th or Sep 29th?
    Depends. Most locations in smaller cities is on the 5th. Toronto for sure is on the 29th until the following Thursday with 2 shows a night. What location where you looking for?
  • PJNB said:
    Depends. Most locations in smaller cities is on the 5th. Toronto for sure is on the 29th until the following Thursday with 2 shows a night. What location where you looking for?

Ok.  thanks for that.  I secured tix just today in nova scotia for oct 5th at 7:40.  Just noticed now they added a second showing.  This is great!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2017
    Anyone want to buy two tickets for the Silvercity Coquitlam showing on Oct 5th at 7:00? Both tix for only $15. I decided to get VIP tix instead so we can drink, lol. I've got mobile pick up, so I can just email the Cineplex confirmation/code to you. I'll post this in Lost Dogs too. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    They added a 2nd screening Thursday night @ Park Lane. Thanks @PJfanwillneverleave1 for the heads up!

• iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    PJ_Soul said:
    Anyone want to buy two tickets for the Silvercity Coquitlam showing on Oct 5th at 7:00? Both tix for only $15. I decided to get VIP tix instead so we can drink, lol. I've got mobile pick up, so I can just email the Cineplex confirmation/code to you. I'll post this in Lost Dogs too. :)
    I wish I would've known that there was going to be VIP tix prior to buying the standard ones as well
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
    PJNB said:

Ok.  thanks for that.  I secured tix just today in nova scotia for oct 5th at 7:40.  Just noticed now they added a second showing.  This is great!
    Awesome! Did you mean 9:40? I also noticed you guys can not pick your seats I do not think. I love that feature!
    edited September 2017
    iammine16 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I wish I would've known that there was going to be VIP tix prior to buying the standard ones as well
    I know! I'm pretty sure it wasn't an option when I originally bought tix - I think I would have noticed that. But, well, I guess I figured it was worth the loss of the regular tix (if I can't sell them), though namely for the sake of the person I'm taking with me, who is a casual fan at best (although he's seen PJ in '92 and '13), and not a baseball fan at all. Gotta lubricate him with booze. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    got my tix for the Ancaster screening on October 5th.
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Do you really need to pre order your tickets???
    I was just going to go down to the theatre on the 5th and buy at box office or is this really going to be sold out.
    Wife and I are heading to Kitchener on 5th
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    edited September 2017
    BLACK35 said:
    Do you really need to pre order your tickets???
    I was just going to go down to the theatre on the 5th and buy at box office or is this really going to be sold out.
    Wife and I are heading to Kitchener on 5th
    I doubt it. I'll actually be really surprised if the regular theatre at the Cineplex I'm seeing it at is even half full. Hell, I even saw some posts on facebook from screening of the Tragically Hip movie in Canada - some theatres were pretty much completely empty. And that was The Hip in Canada while they're a hot topic! I thought those would sell out! But they only really did in a few big cities, apparently. But better safe than sorry I guess? Buying your tix online is just a nice convenience because it's SO quick and easy to grab your tix when you get to the theatre (yes, faster and easier than the self-serve kiosks). I actually buy all of my movie tickets ahead of time now. Also, if you're doing VIP you want to buy them ahead of time because you have to select your seats for that, and you want to get the seats you prefer (although I am the only person who has bought VIP tix for my theatre so far... me and my friend just might get a public screening, hahaha).
    Thanks. Guess I'm just getting old. I know there is an App for Ciniplex where you can do that. I still just prefer to walk up and buy. But seeing everyone post about buying tickets in advance...I was starting to wonder. Then what happens if I can't go, can you get refunds?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    BLACK35 said:
    Thanks. Guess I'm just getting old. I know there is an App for Ciniplex where you can do that. I still just prefer to walk up and buy. But seeing everyone post about buying tickets in advance...I was starting to wonder. Then what happens if I can't go, can you get refunds?
    No, these are non-refundable. The best you could do is find someone who will buy them off of you. Then you can email your ticket code to them.
    BLACK35 said:
    I live in a city of 70,000 people and the Tragically Hip doc was sold out the first night it played. I just checked for Lets Play Two and it is under a third full with a week to go. 
    Thanks all, I have to drive an hr an half to find a place that showing it. Its alright as its the city i grew up in and can visit my brother

2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    Kitchener/Waterloo probably has a population base of easy 300,000+
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    BLACK35 said:
    Thanks all, I have to drive an hr an half to find a place that showing it. Its alright as its the city i grew up in and can visit my brother

BLACK35 said:
    Kitchener/Waterloo probably has a population base of easy 300,000+
    In that case, yeah, buy your tickets now. Would suck to get there and find out it's sold out! And almost as much if you're in the very first row - bad for the neck. ;)
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942

PJNB said:
    BLACK35 said:
    I live in a city of 70,000 people and the Tragically Hip doc was sold out the first night it played. I just checked for Lets Play Two and it is under a third full with a week to go. 
    I think the Hip documentary might of been playing for more than 1 night (I think it ran for a week in a few places) so I think that's why some showings sold out, and some screenings were almost empty. 

Other than direct Advertising from pearljam.com/10c I haven't seen any other advertising on it.   The Hip was getting alot of TV press and stuff.   I don't expect the single screening here in Victoria to be sold out, but I bought tickets just in case :)
    edited September 2017
    No, I saw photos specifically from opening nights in some places, and the theatres had only 3 - 5 people. But I'm not talking big centres (although I saw dozens of reports about opening nights that weren't sold out from bigger population centres as well). I'm talking places like Banff and Red Deer and shit. Although that still surprised me - I mean, there is hardly anything to do at night in places like that, so I would have thought they'd be packed just because people have nowhere else to go, lol.

Anyway, I'm sure a few theatres in Canada (and the US?) will sell out this PJ movie... But my guess is that turnout will generally be fairly low to medium. Especially since it's a week night (I sure do wish the screenings were on a Friday or Saturday!). I would like to be wrong. We'll see.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    I have a feeling your right.  I love concerts and I've never been drawn to see a concert documentary at the theatre.   It's always something I'm content to wait and watch it home.    Let's Play Two will be the first that gets me to the theatre.   I have no idea what to expect.  Do you just watch it, do people sing along? lol.
    edited September 2017
    Zod said:
    I have a feeling your right.  I love concerts and I've never been drawn to see a concert documentary at the theatre.   It's always something I'm content to wait and watch it home.    Let's Play Two will be the first that gets me to the theatre.   I have no idea what to expect.  Do you just watch it, do people sing along? lol.
    House of Blues show between the Fenway shows was a concert like atmosphere watching the big screen. Tragically Hip was quiet and some tears were shed. I did not have an urge to sing at the Hips at all but that may change with PJ. I know I will not be the first lol.
    Post edited by PJNB on
    Zod said:
    :lol: Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing. It's never even occurred to me to go see a concert film in a theatre before... I don't think I even know this happened at all. I figured that Hip thing was a special event one-off. I too asked myself if there would be super excited megafans hooting and hollering, hahaha. I mean, I went to opening weekend of IT, and that theatre was sold out and everyone in there was a superfan, and they were all crazy enthusiastic, cheering and clapping and shit throughout the movie - it was really funny. Can PJ fans compare to SK fans? :pensive: I'm thinking no, not in this context .... although the sold out theatres will likely be a lot more fun than the empty ones, hahaha.
    Anyone from Vancouver interested in free tickets for the 29th? I gentleman on the official Facebook page is giving a pair away.
  • PJDowPJDow Posts: 43
    Got mine for this Friday at Yonge/Dundas in Toronto!