Options

Should 10c fans who get pre sale tickets get better seats than general sale?

13»

Comments

• Options
    FoxkinFoxkin Somerset UK Posts: 18
    Just to point out, £15 booking fee per ticket was confirmed by the Apollo box office as 10clubs own booking fee. Ticketmaster (those guys that PJ had a whole thing with over high booking fees that trashed the chance to see them for so long here) charges £5. Not sure how 10club can justify that kind of admin fee. I'll just let my head carry on with the idea that the extra goes towards the Vitalogy Foundation... 
  • Options
    FoxkinFoxkin Somerset UK Posts: 18
    Now awaiting the flaming...!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    100 Pacer said:
    jeffbr said:
    It sure sounds like 10c is playing the same game the secondary markets play - purchasing tickets from the venue and marking them up.
    I have no problem with the seats being scattered throughout the venue as they disclosed this. But if you paid top tier pricing, you should get a top tier seat. If you are seated in the cheapest section, you should have paid the cheaper price. 10c needs to be more consistent here. And more transparent. It just seems wrong that the fanclub members pay a premium to sit in the same seats as non-fanclub members. That doesn't seem like a very enticing member benefit. lol
    The band isn't buying tickets from the venue. The band is buying tickets from the promoter. The band is looking to cover their guaranteed income from the show by factoring in things like credit card fees etc. Whereas the fan club factors in all overhead costs and determines the profit margin they're after when selling merch on the site, the fan club is looking to sell 10C tickets at their cost without losing out on incidentals. Makes perfect sense. Fan club membership affords us an opportunity, not a guarantee. 
    +100000
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    exactly. to the above. i fully understand this process and i have to say that i have never gotten a great pair through this process in at least 6 shows. but i don't fault the ten club. i paid my money and i take my chances. its like buying a mystery box. no reason to complain. just don't buy them through the 10 club and just try regular on sales . its just that simple. 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    foodboy said:
    exactly. to the above. i fully understand this process and i have to say that i have never gotten a great pair through this process in at least 6 shows. but i don't fault the ten club. i paid my money and i take my chances. its like buying a mystery box. no reason to complain. just don't buy them through the 10 club and just try regular on sales . its just that simple. 
    word
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    stonesstones Posts: 187
    Foxkin said:
    Just to point out, £15 booking fee per ticket was confirmed by the Apollo box office as 10clubs own booking fee. Ticketmaster (those guys that PJ had a whole thing with over high booking fees that trashed the chance to see them for so long here) charges £5. Not sure how 10club can justify that kind of admin fee. I'll just let my head carry on with the idea that the extra goes towards the Vitalogy Foundation... 
    I fear your gripe may be a perception thing.  I went to both nights and yes my 10c seats were (slightly) worse than the seats I got through the general sale, and yes they were (slightly) more expensive.  However it was marginal.  Certainly not a £15 difference per ticket, I think you might be overstating that a bit.

The general sale tickets were £85 plus a £9.75 fee.  And then I paid for postage for them to be delivered.  So for a pair, including all fees the total was £196.

The 10c tickets were the same category, so £85 but also only show a £1.75 fee (I guess this is the part that goes to the Vitalogy foundation?).  They were charged to me at $245 for the pair, or around £100 each (give or take the exchange rate on the day).  Total: £200.

As 10c are not a ticket company, and so therefore likely have higher admin costs then I'll let them off the £4 difference (£2 per ticket).  Especially as it meant I didn't have to take the gamble on getting tickets through the general sale for both nights.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    I got 10th row seats for Ed's show in 2008.  I was pretty happy.  Plus he left a guitar pick under my seat so double bonus. 

At the end of the day, I appreciated not having to sweat the general public ticket madness so seats anywhere would have been fine.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Its always a crapshooot with 10c tix, especially with Ed.
    You pays yer money and takes yer chances
    80% of the time the 10C gets it right
    I think they know exactly what they are doing in the way they assign the seating-they spread the love and its all good-thats pure speculation but it makes perfect sense based on my experiences.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    Foxkin said:
    Easy solution would be to buy through Ticketmaster then.
  • Options
    wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    I won the 10C lottery, but didn´t expect anything. I got seats in stalls, row S, for London, and I was really happy about those seats. They were on row 17. I could see everything without some tall guy´s head in the way. Last time, in 2012, I got a ticket through Ticketmaster in row 7, but couldn´t see a thing, as the tallest man one earth sat in row 6. I can really understand the disapointment when you pay a lot of money for your fan club ticket, and then end up with shitty seats. On the other hand, we, the people who were there, are extremely lucky. Many people didn´t get a single ticket. I guess the best state of mind is when you don´t have any expectations and just enjoy what you get. That can be difficult though, when you are a passionate fan and the experience matters a lot to you.
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • Options
    ShaneC11ShaneC11 Posts: 4
    Always been an outsider, but joined 10c yesterday! So hopefully I'll have a good experience with tickets. Is it one per person and are they bought on this website? Sorry newb questions.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    ShaneC11 said:
    Always been an outsider, but joined 10c yesterday! So hopefully I'll have a good experience with tickets. Is it one per person and are they bought on this website? Sorry newb questions.
    2 per person (no singles seats)
    Odered on the website via lottery process
  • Options
    ShaneC11 said:
    Thanks, so there's no guarantee you can get them just luck?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    ShaneC11 said:
    ShaneC11 said:
    Thanks, so there's no guarantee you can get them just luck?
    The ticketing process for fanclub members  is clear......tickets are not guaranteeed
  • Options
    Every ticket is a ticket to ride....so far so good...variety of placement in the venues gives you all kinds of perspective...I have been lucky enough to have had nosebleeds to front row since 99 to present in a dozen shows or so...all worthy and pretty much random...thanks to ten club..trades...ticket master and scalpers...good luck out there and stay safe!!!
  • Options
    Make that 96...time flies!!!
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    Getting gauranteed better presale tickets than general sale tickets would mean not allowing fan club sales when a venue can not allow better tickets to the presale than general sale.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Cheers folks!