Options

McCready Book Signing: Spoiled and I know it

JosephKJosephK Posts: 217
I was so pumped to read McCready was going to release a signed deluxe edition. I misread it and thought it was a signed book, not a book with a signed little piece of paper completely unattached from the book. Disappointed because I'm spoiled (and possibly can't read details correctly.) 

I was so pumped to read McCready would be doing a book signing at the Strand, one of my favorite bookstores in NYC, and in the rare book room, a beautiful intimate space. I bought tickets immediately. Read it got moved to the Gramercy, one of my least favorite venues in NYC, and all intimacy will be gone. I also read I can't get my book signed since I didn't buy it at the Strand. Disappointed because I'm spoiled. 

Happy to go and see Mike anywhere. Just complaining out loud. Mostly playfully. 

Comments

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,176
    Yeah who heard of a booking signing where you can't bring your own copy? 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Yeah who heard of a booking signing where you can't bring your own copy? 
    Plenty.  We've stood in many lines to meet bands.  (In our case, I'm speaking of CDs or vinyl.)  They want to sign fresh merch that you just purchased.  It's fine.  Buy another book.  It'll be worth it.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I think you can bring your own copy, but you're only allowed to get one copy signed. Below is the confirmation I received: 

Hello!

You are receiving this message because you have purchased (a) ticket(s) to the New York City release event for Mike McCready's Of Potato Heads and Polaroids, on Wednesday, June 7th.

PLEASE NOTE: This event was originally scheduled to occur at Strand Book Store, but has been relocated to Gramercy Theatre located at 127 E 23rd St, New York, NY 10010. How do I check in at the event?Bring your order confirmation email in print or digital form and your order number to Gramercy Theatre at the time of the event. You will be checked in by name, and receive your book and admission at that time and place.  Can I buy a copy of Of Potato Heads and Polaroids at the event?There may be a limited number of copies available for purchase at the event. Do I need/will I be able to pick up my book at Strand before the event?No. All books will be available for pick up at Gramercy Theatre at the time of the event. Will there be assigned seats at Gramercy Theatre?No. All tickets are general admission. Seating will be available on a first come, first served basis.  If I am attending with multiple people, can we arrive separately?For ease of entry, please do not attempt to check in until your full party has arrived. Can I photograph or record the event?Flash photography and video recording are not permitted at the event. Non-flash photography is permitted during the talk portion of the event, but not during the signing. 
    Will Mike McCready sign my book/a book/inscribe it/sign memorabilia?Mr. McCready will sign one book per person. No memorabilia, please. Will there be a meet-and-greet/can I get a picture with Mike?Photos are permitted from the signing line, but individual photos are not permitted due to time constraints. Is my copy of Of Potato Heads and Polaroids signed when I pick it up?No. The signing will occur after the talk. The event will take place in Gramercy Theatre, located at 127 E 23rd St, New York, NY 10010.The line will form outside at 6:30 PM on Wednesday, June 7th. Please bring your order confirmation with you.You will receive your book once you’ve checked. Please be sure to use the last name of whomever purchased your tickets.Once inside Gramercy Theatre, seating is available on a general admission, first-come-first-served basis with the exception of any seats marked "Reserved".Mike McCready will begin speaking around 7:00 PM.Please leave large bags at home.Please do not film this event; no photography is permitted. If you require the use of ramps/elevators, please let us know in advance so that we can be sure to accommodate you.For the signing, only 1 copy of Of Potato Heads and Polaroids per customer will be signed. No memorabilia or other books/items will be signed.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,176
    Thanks Suziemay! I hope that's the case. I love Mike but don't need two copies.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    Wondering how many tickets they sold and whether it is going to be a cluster f to get book signed.
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    jrnyc said:
    Wondering how many tickets they sold and whether it is going to be a cluster f to get book signed.

There will be absolutely no problem getting books signed. These book signings are fairly routine. Everyone will line-up and you'll go one by one. They might have some variation on that given the size, and you may need to wait a while in said line.  But, it will not be a bunch of people rushing Mike if that's what you're concerned about.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    jrnyc said:

There will be absolutely no problem getting books signed. These book signings are fairly routine. Everyone will line-up and you'll go one by one. They might have some variation on that given the size, and you may need to wait a while in said line.  But, it will not be a bunch of people rushing Mike if that's what you're concerned about.
    Thanks for the response! I was more interested in how long it would take to wait in line. Original location was a book store, then they switched it to a bigger venue. Dont know if it will be 200, 500 or 1000 people there. If it is 500 or more people, worried about being in line for hours.
  • Options
    perkjam20perkjam20 Nashville Posts: 175
    edited June 2017
    Enjoy the event!
    Post edited by perkjam20 on