Options

Secret Show... how awesome would that be

2»

Comments

• Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374

JP218404 said:

JP218404 said:

Somone told me that they were trying put together something at BAM-which is where Unplugged used to be filmed-but that they wouldn't permit use of the space between those hours (1-4am).

Other than that, St. Vitus or the dive where they first played NYC were my initial guesses; EV has mentioned it more than once at MSG shows.

What does everyone else think-is anyone else trying to figure out where this will happen?

Marquee not around anymore so won't be there. a sneaky place they COULD do it if it were to happen is the John Varvatos store aka CBGBs. They have 'special events' there a lot. Saw Gaslight there
    I'm looking at your signature and I have to ask... how many shows have you seen?

not as many as you think. around 30-40. I don't travel to see them except this past year when i went to Boston and Chicago.

If ya seen some of my other posts , i was an intern at Epic Records in 91 and my first job in the music biz was to send the 3 song cassette to the MLB fan club so being around the label during that time i got to see a lot of the early NYC shows.
    That would've been my dream job back in the day. Do you still work in the music business?
    yes i am. worked at a labels for about 15 years and then started my own marketing company about 8 years ago.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 493
    ugh if there is a 'secret' show i'm driving to the city at whatever hour to be there. ha. i guess i should just keep looking at this thread? no idea how else i'd find out about it...
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94