Donald Trump

Comments

• He is belittling these people. You are special special people . I like you. Fucking clown. The level of worldwide hate is massive for this narcissistic egomaniac
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Proof that our education system has failed:  62,984,825 people voted for this fucking clown.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    blink 182 wtf GIF
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    What a fucking asshole! :anguished: 
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    it's the political system that has failed, not the education system. 

as repugnant as the man is, I can sort of see why so many people voted for him. just like patriotism, these folks are indoctrinated from a very young age as to which party is evil and which is good. they can rationalize that, as much of a fucking creep as he is, they see it as he's just a small fry towards the greater good, which is the republican machine of keeping taxes down (but not really), jobs local (but not really), guns in my hands, and men and women married and having babies. 

republicans aren't dumber than you. they just have different values. and just like you wanted to vote for hillary, as corrupt and money and war hungry as the right thinks she is, and as some of the left believes she is, were wiling to vote her in. they didn't want to risk their military lives for her supposed war mongering ways. not to mention you'll never in our lifetime hear a republican wanting to slash the military at the same time as sending them off to war. that just doesn't happen. 

I think, as much as even I have been a party to the trump-bashing, it would be infinitely more productive to find ways to constructively criticize him and his admin in a way that may actually sway some voters into thinking a bit differently in 3 years. instead of just the "fuck you are all idiots" mantra. that won't work. if anything, it will make things worse and make his base dig their heels in even deeper. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303

as repugnant as the man is, I can sort of see why so many people voted for him. just like patriotism, these folks are indoctrinated from a very young age as to which party is evil and which is good. they can rationalize that, as much of a fucking creep as he is, they see it as he's just a small fry towards the greater good, which is the republican machine of keeping taxes down (but not really), jobs local (but not really), guns in my hands, and men and women married and having babies. 

republicans aren't dumber than you. they just have different values. and just like you wanted to vote for hillary, as corrupt and money and war hungry as the right thinks she is, and as some of the left believes she is, were wiling to vote her in. they didn't want to risk their military lives for her supposed war mongering ways. not to mention you'll never in our lifetime hear a republican wanting to slash the military at the same time as sending them off to war. that just doesn't happen. 

I think, as much as even I have been a party to the trump-bashing, it would be infinitely more productive to find ways to constructively criticize him and his admin in a way that may actually sway some voters into thinking a bit differently in 3 years. instead of just the "fuck you are all idiots" mantra. that won't work. if anything, it will make things worse and make his base dig their heels in even deeper. 
    That is a lost cause. If his base hasn't abandoned him by now, they never will. You would be wasting your breath trying to turn those cult members.

Better to focus efforts on those Americans who didn't vote last election, more than enough to beat him.
    dignin said:

That is a lost cause. If his base hasn't abandoned him by now, they never will. You would be wasting your breath trying to turn those cult members.

Better to focus efforts on those Americans who didn't vote last election, more than enough to beat him.
    ok, maybe saying "his base" was the wrong terminology. I mean the republican base, but also, as you said, the flippers and non-voters. you simply will not flip lifelong dems or repubs. it's rare if it ever happens. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• my2hands said:

We should have a contest as to which of the Networks, plus CNN and not including Fox, is the most dishonest, corrupt and/or distorted in its political coverage of your favorite President (me). They are all bad. Winner to receive the FAKE NEWS TROPHY!

What a winner.

The US should be so proud! Their elected leader says so much about them.
    Slow your roll amigo, trust me Canada has plenty off ass wipes running around as well. This guy is far out of the mainstream down here, he's a disgrace to a LARGE majority of us
    Well thank gawd for that.

You know... that the majority of people consider him a disgrace and only a minority (almost 70,000,000) thinks he's awesome.

He was elected. Blows my mind. F**king hilarious really.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited November 2017

Re your comment about dumb.... Well, that is a touchy subject obviously, but I'm going to "go there", lol ... Many would argue that Republicans (Trump supporters, I should say) are, as a group, dumber, and that some of their shared values may very well be a reflection of that. So might their blind loyalty. In a lot of cases they are being harmed (directly, in many cases) by what they claim to support, which, some might argue, is a sign of being dumb. And if you're going to guess at who has the higher collective IQ - Trump supporters or Bernie supporters - can you honestly say that you don't know which guess would be the correct one? As for swaying them by not calling them what they are - idiots.... Hahaha, that's not going to work, so why bother? Seriously. They can't dig their heels in any deeper. Logical, rational thinking and communication is not going to touch them man. The ONLY thing that will change their minds is them being directly, personally harmed by something that they can't deny was Trump's fault. But they are so entrenched at this point, I'm not sure ANYTHING would convince them something was Trump's fault anyway.
    ... Am I saying these people are beyond hope? Yes. I think I am. Here's hoping for better in the younger generations. I think there is room for hope there.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    I'll also leave this here for your enjoyment, folks:

@realDonaldTrump

We should have a contest as to which of the Networks, plus CNN and not including Fox, is the most dishonest, corrupt and/or distorted in its political coverage of your favorite President (me). They are all bad. Winner to receive the FAKE NEWS TROPHY!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
    Just FYI, biased news is not fake news. Part of the problem with all this fake news bullshit going around America is that it seems the majority of people who cry fake news don't even know wtf fake news is.
    PJ_Soul said:

Re your comment about dumb.... Well, that is a touchy subject obviously, but I'm going to "go there", lol ... Many would argue that Republicans (Trump supporters, I should say) are, as a group, dumber, and that some of their shared values may very well be a reflection of that. So might their blind loyalty. In a lot of cases they are being harmed (directly, in many cases) by what they claim to support, which, some might argue, is a sign of being dumb. And if you're going to guess at who has the higher collective IQ - Trump supporters or Bernie supporters - can you honestly say that you don't know which guess would be the correct one? As for swaying them by not calling them what they are - idiots.... Hahaha, that's not going to work, so why bother? Seriously. They can't dig their heels in any deeper. Logical, rational thinking and communication is not going to touch them man. The ONLY thing that will change their minds is them being directly, personally harmed by something that they can't deny was Trump's fault. But they are so entrenched at this point, I'm not sure ANYTHING would convince them something was Trump's fault anyway.
    ... Am I saying these people are beyond hope? Yes. I think I am. Here's hoping for better in the younger generations. I think there is room for hope there.
    but the same could be said about democrats, hillary supporters. people who perport to be peace loving, anti-war, when many people believe that's the exact opposite of what she would have given them. same thing with how everyone thinks trump is less corrupt than hillary. i mean, really? he is obviously more outwardly corrupt, or fits the mold i should say, but there's no way that hillary's is squeeky clean. so, i think it goes both ways. it's all too easy to criticize trump supporters as stupid and whatnot, based on everything he has promised vs everything he has done so far, everything he has said in the media, but he has struck a chord for a reason. one example, i have sighted before, is my uncle. catholic conservative, vert intelligent and successful lawyer, but also a guy who shoots from the hip, and appreciates a guy who doesn't bullshit. he's canadian, so of course it means nothing, but i don't think it's fair to paint all trump supporters as how many of us and others have portrayed them. because, honestly, i think in some way the reason we have done that is because we simply can't explain why they'd vote for him, so they "must be stupider" than we are. we put ourselves in this intellectual tower and laugh, even though he/they are the ones in power. as i have stated several times, there's no fucking way that 63 million people who voted for him are all stupid. not even close. 

democrats put themselves on this pedestal of being the intellectuals, the inner city business people, the lawyers, etc, and paint republican voters as these back road hicks with no teeth. it's simply not accurate. they always have. look at bush. look at obama. look at bill clinton. and yes, look at trump. look at how we all look at each of these guys and their voters based on their party. 

people who keep harping on trump for his sexual predatory nature, victim shaming, etc, have a very valid point about hillary and how hypocritical it is to dismiss her victim blaming/shaming when it comes to bill. no, this isn't about bill, and no, i'm not comparing her victim shaming to trump's sexual misconduct, but she's far from innocent. this is about how she defended bill, and all the many many women who came forward, and still have to this day, and she calls them names. when republicans do that, it's repulsive. when hillary does it, she's being a strong woman. 

you are right, as i already mentioned, yes, you most likely won't get anywhere with trump's base. but you will get somewhere with people like me, who don't vote down party lines, who vote based on the issues of the day, the swing votes, and especially, as dignin said, the non-voters. 

so i suppose make fun of all the trump supporters as morons as much as you wish. but while it definitely won't help the cause, it certainly still could hurt it. when people feel bullied, and when others see people being bullied, it tends to galvanize the group and even recruit more sympathy, no matter what they have done to 'deserve' the bullying in the first place. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    there has to be a special place in hell for sarah huckabee sanders.

and, hugh, you are a moron if you support trump. dude is fundamentally unfit for the highest office in the land. the moron factor elected him.

”LOOK AT THE STOCK MARKET!!!!!!” :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Wobbie said:

I hope not cuz, if hell exists, I kinda hope I end up there.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    PJ_Soul said:

but the same could be said about democrats, hillary supporters. people who perport to be peace loving, anti-war, when many people believe that's the exact opposite of what she would have given them. same thing with how everyone thinks trump is less corrupt than hillary. i mean, really? he is obviously more outwardly corrupt, or fits the mold i should say, but there's no way that hillary's is squeeky clean. so, i think it goes both ways. it's all too easy to criticize trump supporters as stupid and whatnot, based on everything he has promised vs everything he has done so far, everything he has said in the media, but he has struck a chord for a reason. one example, i have sighted before, is my uncle. catholic conservative, vert intelligent and successful lawyer, but also a guy who shoots from the hip, and appreciates a guy who doesn't bullshit. he's canadian, so of course it means nothing, but i don't think it's fair to paint all trump supporters as how many of us and others have portrayed them. because, honestly, i think in some way the reason we have done that is because we simply can't explain why they'd vote for him, so they "must be stupider" than we are. we put ourselves in this intellectual tower and laugh, even though he/they are the ones in power. as i have stated several times, there's no fucking way that 63 million people who voted for him are all stupid. not even close. 

democrats put themselves on this pedestal of being the intellectuals, the inner city business people, the lawyers, etc, and paint republican voters as these back road hicks with no teeth. it's simply not accurate. they always have. look at bush. look at obama. look at bill clinton. and yes, look at trump. look at how we all look at each of these guys and their voters based on their party. 

people who keep harping on trump for his sexual predatory nature, victim shaming, etc, have a very valid point about hillary and how hypocritical it is to dismiss her victim blaming/shaming when it comes to bill. no, this isn't about bill, and no, i'm not comparing her victim shaming to trump's sexual misconduct, but she's far from innocent. this is about how she defended bill, and all the many many women who came forward, and still have to this day, and she calls them names. when republicans do that, it's repulsive. when hillary does it, she's being a strong woman. 

you are right, as i already mentioned, yes, you most likely won't get anywhere with trump's base. but you will get somewhere with people like me, who don't vote down party lines, who vote based on the issues of the day, the swing votes, and especially, as dignin said, the non-voters. 

so i suppose make fun of all the trump supporters as morons as much as you wish. but while it definitely won't help the cause, it certainly still could hurt it. when people feel bullied, and when others see people being bullied, it tends to galvanize the group and even recruit more sympathy, no matter what they have done to 'deserve' the bullying in the first place. 
    Intelligence aside, trump voters decided to vote for a bigot who ran a campaign based on racism. That’s a fact and I have zero shits to give if they feel bullied when this is pointed out to them. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited November 2017
    yeah.  to be honest, most of the people i know who voted for trump arent intelligent and not well educated.  they have blatanty voted against their own interests.  they sat there and stewed on unwarranted hatred for obama for 8 years.  for example, my mom hates "obamacare".  she was getting fucked by her work provided plan and at one point i suggested she look into the ACA plans.  she asked what that is and i said its known as obamacare.  her reply is "i dont like handouts... i cant wait until that thing goes away".  meanwhile, it saved my sister's life twice.  literally.   

another type i know are the ones who vote on 1 issue and that is abortion.  to me, that is ignorance.  especially while their candidate pisses on the poor, different races, nationalities, mocks disability, and is also enabling industry to kill off more of gods creatures including humans.

i have some friends also, who listen to "conservative" talk radio all day.  they are constantly fed a false reality in an echo chamber.  republican is like a religion to them.  its another form of ignorance. really, i have never been able to grasp "conservative" talk radio anyways.  how can people desire to listen to that all day?  is there any mainstream "liberal" equivalent?  who has time to sit there and stew day in and day out?  then cry that obama and the "liberals" cause all their real, imaginary, and hypothetical problems.  its nonsense.  science and facts are openly ignored and thrown in a trash bin.

the last kind i know are wealthy people i work with including the owners.  staunch republicans who vote in their best financial interests.  that makes sense, although they do a lot of mental gymnastics to justify trump... and were anti trump throughout the primary. 

hillary isnt perfect.  certainly isnt a warhawk.  that was invented.  at least she has the experience and also would have to pretend to help the middle class.  obama did a good job and i think it would largely be a continuation.  i dont love the entire platform.  she represents my interests well. 

meanwhile, if you are upper middle class on down, trump is fucking you in plain sight.  whether its the joke of a tax plan, allowing industry to poison you, net neutrality allowing monopolies to extract money from you, deregulating banks, wall street, and industry... for fucks sake, he is in the process of sabotaging a consumer financial protections watchdog and people are cheering for it... the same people who think obama is the devil (and a kenyan muslim).  many were also convinced obama was going to summon all his power, declare martial law, and become dictator

Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    If only one of these honorable men would of just punched his lights out a man can dream no ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Wobbie said:

and, hugh, you are a moron if you support trump. dude is fundamentally unfit for the highest office in the land. the moron factor elected him.

jesus. learn to read. you are a moron if you think I support trump. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

MayDay10 said:
    yeah.  to be honest, most of the people i know who voted for trump arent intelligent and not well educated.  they have blatanty voted against their own interests.  they sat there and stewed on unwarranted hatred for obama for 8 years.  for example, my mom hates "obamacare".  she was getting fucked by her work provided plan and at one point i suggested she look into the ACA plans.  she asked what that is and i said its known as obamacare.  her reply is "i dont like handouts... i cant wait until that thing goes away".  meanwhile, it saved my sister's life twice.  literally.   

another type i know are the ones who vote on 1 issue and that is abortion.  to me, that is ignorance.  especially while their candidate pisses on the poor, different races, nationalities, mocks disability, and is also enabling industry to kill off more of gods creatures including humans.

i have some friends also, who listen to "conservative" talk radio all day.  they are constantly fed a false reality in an echo chamber.  republican is like a religion to them.  its another form of ignorance. really, i have never been able to grasp "conservative" talk radio anyways.  how can people desire to listen to that all day?  is there any mainstream "liberal" equivalent?  who has time to sit there and stew day in and day out?  then cry that obama and the "liberals" cause all their real, imaginary, and hypothetical problems.  its nonsense.  science and facts are openly ignored and thrown in a trash bin.

the last kind i know are wealthy people i work with including the owners.  staunch republicans who vote in their best financial interests.  that makes sense, although they do a lot of mental gymnastics to justify trump... and were anti trump throughout the primary. 

hillary isnt perfect.  certainly isnt a warhawk.  that was invented.  at least she has the experience and also would have to pretend to help the middle class.  obama did a good job and i think it would largely be a continuation.  i dont love the entire platform.  she represents my interests well. 

meanwhile, if you are upper middle class on down, trump is fucking you in plain sight.  whether its the joke of a tax plan, allowing industry to poison you, net neutrality allowing monopolies to extract money from you, deregulating banks, wall street, and industry... for fucks sake, he is in the process of sabotaging a consumer financial protections watchdog and people are cheering for it... the same people who think obama is the devil (and a kenyan muslim).  many were also convinced obama was going to summon all his power, declare martial law, and become dictator

this is the category my uncle falls into. 

another guy I went to high school with keeps posting pro-trump stuff on social media. guess what he does for a living? he's a cop. enough said on that one. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:

Intelligence aside, trump voters decided to vote for a bigot who ran a campaign based on racism. That’s a fact and I have zero shits to give if they feel bullied when this is pointed out to them. 
    but you should. I never said to feel sorry for them. I'm saying it could have the opposite effect that you desire. you think these people are going to say "oh fuck, maybe I am racist/stupid/greedy" and crawl into a corner and let the next election play itself out? 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_Soul said:

but you should. I never said to feel sorry for them. I'm saying it could have the opposite effect that you desire. you think these people are going to say "oh fuck, maybe I am racist/stupid/greedy" and crawl into a corner and let the next election play itself out? 
    His base, the 35%, The ditto heads, janitors, savages will never abandon him. However, independents, Reagan dems and some conservatives already have buyer’s remorse. They’re mortified and will either vote Indy, dem or stay home. The dems are already well organized at the local level and making inroads. That will carry well into 2018 and 2020. Trump embarrasses the nation on a daily basis and as a result, loses the support outside of his base. Untenable.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    PJ_Soul said:

His base, the 35%, The ditto heads, janitors, savages will never abandon him. However, independents, Reagan dems and some conservatives already have buyer’s remorse. They’re mortified and will either vote Indy, dem or stay home. The dems are already well organized at the local level and making inroads. That will carry well into 2018 and 2020. Trump embarrasses the nation on a daily basis and as a result, loses the support outside of his base. Untenable.

I agree with you. BUT, and this is a HUGE BUT, none of us, NONE OF US, believed he had a snowball's chance in hell of becoming president in the first place. don't underestimate his ability to rally his supporters in 2020. 

if he's not in jail by then. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Another tweet about the NFL being "out of control" because 20 out of 1700 players took a knee for 45 seconds. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I agree with you. BUT, and this is a HUGE BUT, none of us, NONE OF US, believed he had a snowball's chance in hell of becoming president in the first place. don't underestimate his ability to rally his supporters in 2020. 

I wont ever say its impossible... but I strongly believe if we held an election any day since last November, he would lose bad.  

He doesn't have the support to sustain IMO.  The support has shrunk, and the opposition has grown from somewhat passive/indifferent to mobilizing.  His supporters/base aren't enough.  The 'centrist' republicans who backed him know now he is a fraud and there was no master plan to win the white house and install an airtight team of experts.  

The only thing that will turn things is if there is a major terror attack and/or major military conflict.  Which is terrifying.  

Trump was the death throes of the Republican Party as it was on the National stage.  The anti-abortion coalition, with the Eisenhower republicans are aging out.  Listening to the local conservative station (which I do check out every blue moon)... all the ads are for the age 60+ demographic, or people who are easily scared into buying strange financial advice scams.  Trump gave the brand a coat of paint to appeal to many xenophobic derelicts who want the ability to use racist terms again and somehow reverse the natural societal trend and necessity of globalism.   

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    He has no shot
  • Wobbie said:

jesus. learn to read. you are a moron if you think I support trump. 
    I think he meant 'you' in the general sense.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    PJ_Soul said:

Nearly all of them will vote Republican again. The next Dem can flip some if she/he speaks to their fears and insecurities without mentioning race. Since I won’t be that candidate, I don’t have a problem calling it what it is. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    MayDay10 said:

I wont ever say its impossible... but I strongly believe if we held an election any day since last November, he would lose bad.  
    I actually thought it was possible from day one.  It was a perfect storm: what anger that there was a black president, terrible Hillary, a uniquely terrible pool of GOP candidates.  And I feel like there's a danger in just assuming, as most of us did last year, that it can't happen again.  The electoral college inflates their votes and the Dems don't have a very deep bench.  Oh, and cheating will be a factor.

I believe just as strongly that if we had a Trump election vs. Hillary at any time, he'd win every time.  Against someone not universally-hated?  Who knows?

MayDay10 said:

He doesn't have the support to sustain IMO.  The support has shrunk, and the opposition has grown from somewhat passive/indifferent to mobilizing.  His supporters/base aren't enough.  The 'centrist' republicans who backed him know now he is a fraud and there was no master plan to win the white house and install an airtight team of experts.   
    I am curious to see how Roy Moore does.  The allegations hurt him in the polls...but I think we've entered an era in which we elect terrible human beings and while we are ashamed to admit, even to a pollster we have not met, to liking a scumbag, behind the curtain...

I think he has more support amongst those that are not the crazy cultists than the left wants to admit.  And ultimately, he'll still have a "R" by his name.

MayDay10 said:

The only thing that will turn things is if there is a major terror attack and/or major military conflict.  Which is terrifying.  

That would help his popularity.  And if ever there was a, uh, "public servant" that would facilitate something at enormous risk to the people he's supposed to serve, this self-serving narcissist is the one.  This is very terrifying.  I don't hesitate for a second to say he'd happily trade the lives of thousands of Americans he's never met for a 50% + approval rating.

MayDay10 said:

Trump was the death throes of the Republican Party as it was on the National stage.  The anti-abortion coalition, with the Eisenhower republicans are aging out.  Listening to the local conservative station (which I do check out every blue moon)... all the ads are for the age 60+ demographic, or people who are easily scared into buying strange financial advice scams.  Trump gave the brand a coat of paint to appeal to many xenophobic derelicts who want the ability to use racist terms again and somehow reverse the natural societal trend and necessity of globalism.    
    The only party looking worse than the GOP is the Democrats.  And don't underestimate xenophobia...plenty of people in all age cohorts are buying into his "immigrant" fears (regardless of how much more likely it is to be killed by an American gunman).
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    How are dems looking worse than repubs? They’re picking up state seats and they just did okay in Virginia. 
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I mean...Jesus.
    So wrong on EVERY level.
    There's not ONE THING that he says, or one position he holds, that I agree with...

Oh and that Access HOLLYWOODER?  The next time you see it...
    After Trumpito exits the bus, so SMOOTHLY, just watch the way he looks that girl up and down.   

It's the ONLY thing that he's EVER apologized for.
    THEN he showed up to the debate with all of Bill's LADIES,
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
This discussion has been closed.