Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    word on the street is that Trump has:

-asked his aides about the resignation process
    -indicated he will not run again in 2020. 

FAKE NEWS or AMAZING NEWS?
    i read that too. 

the resignation process is pretty simple. you quit, and your successor gets sworn in.

dude will probably resign before the next election cycle. can you imagine him having to fight off not only democrats, but his primary challenger?

I could see him resigning and offering a ton of excuses as to why (eg. the futility of congress).

He likely sees failure imminent and as opposed to experiencing it... he might just quit and save himself the humiliation. I'd prefer he stick around to get bounced in some manner.
    I flip flop on this. I could see him just giving up because he's so frustrated at his lack of total control. he went into this thinking he could do whatever the fuck he wants. But public perception of him is of huge importance to him. that's really all that matters, which is why he has a tantrum any time negative things are said about him. I don't know how he resigns and still maintains dignity in his own eyes. unless his twisted brain is able to convince itself that his resigning is something of a win, I don't know how that happens. 
    Coming in to his term I wondered whether his inherited life would impact him in the area of patience...frustration at not getting instant gratification for every whim.  And I'm not the least bit surprised that this appears to be the case.  

I tend to think that he likes the novelty of being president but hates the work.   And part of that novelty is being on the short list of people to hold the office.  The perception of these people is generally good as time goes on.  But what's Nixon remembered for?  Resigning.  Thirty years from now, I don't know that Clinton will be remembered for Monica, since he ultimately weathered the storm.  If he can avoid resignation, I am sure he (correctly) thinks that will have a positive impact on how he's regarded 30 years from now.  He doesn't want to be a President that resigned.

The question is (assuming he does not leave early) how does he weigh his hatred of the job vs. the perception of himself not even running for a second term?  Since the office has had term limits has anyone chosen not to run for a second term?  It would be much less of a perception problem than resigning.  While I think he'd win re-election if he wins, I am starting to doubt he'll run again.  If he chooses not to run again, it will be really fun to hear the stated rationales.
    You really think trump will be looked on positively in the future? Come on. If he’s in four years the disasters will keep piling up. No one documenting this is writing anything positive about him. That’s what will go on the record. And I have no idea why you think he’d get re-elected. 
    There's two ways of looking at how positively he'll be looked at.  Will he be considered a good president?  No.  But 50 years from now, when most of us are dead and school kids are looking at all the presidential photos, he'll be on that list (which I think is like 50% of what he wanted out of this) and while actual historians will consider this a disaster, time will make him just one of the few...but leaving in disgrace (i.e., being removed or resigning) would be part of the basics of what we know about him.  Getting through two (or even one?) terms and he's not "that guy."  Do we know Andrew Jackson was a scumbag?  Sure.  Those of us interested in such things.  But he's on money.  By resigning, Trump becomes Nixon.  By sticking it out, he is more like W or someone.  The fact that he's a racist Twitter troll won't be reflected in civics class.

As for 2020, if he decides to run again, underestimate his movement at our peril.  If the Dems (a party in absolute shambles) don't find a candidate that brings people out to the polls, yeah, he has a real shot.
    he will be primaried in 2020. if he survives all of this, bank on it.

conventional wisdom is saying he is going to be indicted or he will resign if threatened with indictment.
    Yup. Or he'll be labeled an unindicted co-consipirator like Nixon was, and resign shortly thereafter like Nixon did. That would be a long shot since they don't really like to use that label on someone (since it kills their due process), but here's hoping. And sooner rather than later!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    jeffbr said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

i read that too. 

the resignation process is pretty simple. you quit, and your successor gets sworn in.

dude will probably resign before the next election cycle. can you imagine him having to fight off not only democrats, but his primary challenger?

I could see him resigning and offering a ton of excuses as to why (eg. the futility of congress).

He likely sees failure imminent and as opposed to experiencing it... he might just quit and save himself the humiliation. I'd prefer he stick around to get bounced in some manner.
    I flip flop on this. I could see him just giving up because he's so frustrated at his lack of total control. he went into this thinking he could do whatever the fuck he wants. But public perception of him is of huge importance to him. that's really all that matters, which is why he has a tantrum any time negative things are said about him. I don't know how he resigns and still maintains dignity in his own eyes. unless his twisted brain is able to convince itself that his resigning is something of a win, I don't know how that happens. 
    Coming in to his term I wondered whether his inherited life would impact him in the area of patience...frustration at not getting instant gratification for every whim.  And I'm not the least bit surprised that this appears to be the case.  

I tend to think that he likes the novelty of being president but hates the work.   And part of that novelty is being on the short list of people to hold the office.  The perception of these people is generally good as time goes on.  But what's Nixon remembered for?  Resigning.  Thirty years from now, I don't know that Clinton will be remembered for Monica, since he ultimately weathered the storm.  If he can avoid resignation, I am sure he (correctly) thinks that will have a positive impact on how he's regarded 30 years from now.  He doesn't want to be a President that resigned.

The question is (assuming he does not leave early) how does he weigh his hatred of the job vs. the perception of himself not even running for a second term?  Since the office has had term limits has anyone chosen not to run for a second term?  It would be much less of a perception problem than resigning.  While I think he'd win re-election if he wins, I am starting to doubt he'll run again.  If he chooses not to run again, it will be really fun to hear the stated rationales.
    You really think trump will be looked on positively in the future? Come on. If he’s in four years the disasters will keep piling up. No one documenting this is writing anything positive about him. That’s what will go on the record. And I have no idea why you think he’d get re-elected. 
    There's two ways of looking at how positively he'll be looked at.  Will he be considered a good president?  No.  But 50 years from now, when most of us are dead and school kids are looking at all the presidential photos, he'll be on that list (which I think is like 50% of what he wanted out of this) and while actual historians will consider this a disaster, time will make him just one of the few...but leaving in disgrace (i.e., being removed or resigning) would be part of the basics of what we know about him.  Getting through two (or even one?) terms and he's not "that guy."  Do we know Andrew Jackson was a scumbag?  Sure.  Those of us interested in such things.  But he's on money.  By resigning, Trump becomes Nixon.  By sticking it out, he is more like W or someone.  The fact that he's a racist Twitter troll won't be reflected in civics class.

As for 2020, if he decides to run again, underestimate his movement at our peril.  If the Dems (a party in absolute shambles) don't find a candidate that brings people out to the polls, yeah, he has a real shot.

conventional wisdom is saying he is going to be indicted or he will resign if threatened with indictment.
    Yup. Or he'll be labeled an unindicted co-consipirator like Nixon was, and resign shortly thereafter like Nixon did. That would be a long shot since they don't really like to use that label on someone (since it kills their due process), but here's hoping. And sooner rather than later!
    i always liked the term "unindicted co-conspirator". 

i think trump is so balls deep in this thing that he will be indicted before it is all said and done.

he has disgraced this country and he has disgraced himself. the only fitting end to this is an indictment.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    jeffbr said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

i read that too. 

i always liked the term "unindicted co-conspirator". 

i think trump is so balls deep in this thing that he will be indicted before it is all said and done.

he has disgraced this country and he has disgraced himself. the only fitting end to this is an indictment.
    Yet I will only believe when it actually happens but I just don't see it happening the GOP will make sure of it ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    mcgruff10 said:
    I didn't vote for the guy but my 403b and stocks have really liked him.  :)
    Thanks Obama
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    vaggar99 said:

JC29856 said:
    I imagine Trump considers these winning:
    -third consecutive quarter increase in new orders on US made goods
    -goods shipped increased 8 straight months
    -home sales 10 year high
    -unemployment 16 year low
    -record highs in stock market
    -3% GDP
    is it me or have been on this same trajectory for about the last 7 or 8 years?  Seemed like we had a Muslim, Kenyan born president too.  
    i think its you.
    US goods, home sales, stock market and GDP are not even close.
    if you want to argue who is responsible for those or cyclical nature and etc, those are different arguments but saying that those indicators were trending or on that trajectory for 7 years is non sense.
    every administration is going to take credit for the current good and blame the previous for the current bad, regardless of the hows and whys.
    is it me or is this also a new phenomena with the Trump Admin?

mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    vaggar99 said:

JC29856 said:
    -home sales 10 year high
    -3% GDP
    is it me or have been on this same trajectory for about the last 7 or 8 years?  Seemed like we had a Muslim, Kenyan born president too.  
    i think its you.
    US goods, home sales, stock market and GDP are not even close.
    if you want to argue who is responsible for those or cyclical nature and etc, those are different arguments but saying that those indicators were trending or on that trajectory for 7 years is non sense.
    every administration is going to take credit for the current good and blame the previous for the current bad, regardless of the hows and whys.
    is it me or is this also a new phenomena with the Trump Admin?

You're the one that fucking posted it.  Ask yourself.  Then quote yourself.  Then quote yourself again as evidence of your accuracy.  
    you're angry and confused, maybe the blood in your eyes is impairing your vision.
    its almost a year now, take your own advice that you gave the Bernie-Bros "get over it"
    I'm neither angry or confused.  Irritated is probably the better word.  But as usual, you never answer any challenges to your silly posts.  
    what "challenge" or question did I not answer?
    You posted this drivel:
    JC29856 said:
    -home sales 10 year high
    -3% GDP

And then accused every administration of taking credit for cyclical economics.  Yet you perpetuated it with your post.  Are you really not seeing your ongoing hypocrisy or the accompanying irony that goes with every post?
    Kelly Ann Conway thinks this is winning:
    261k jobs added, 24k manufacturing
    unemployment 17 year low
    consumer confidence 17 year high
    Too bad Steve O didn’t get the memo. Nothing worse than a lover scorned.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Oh, oh!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/03/politics/trump-polling/index.html

Wait till Monday’s numbers to come out.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    A trump defender just exclaimed there’s a “trump revolution?” As it relates to the porking the majority of tax payers will take. Desperate times.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Oh, oh!

Ha ha love it can he get down to the 20s couldn't happen to a better man ...
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    edited November 2017
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    Oh, oh!

oh come on man, those are all FAKE polls. Especially the fox one.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Oh, oh!

Wait for the market correction
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Oh, oh!

US trade deficit is up 9% over a year ago. I wonder how much Asia is going to listen to trump after shredding the TPT agreement?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    my2hands said:
    Oh, oh!

I think tax reform is baked into the market.  If it gets stuck on the hill,  I think it'll drop a few thousand for sure. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    The prediction is the market should nose dive in two to five months. I’m sure we can blame Obama when it happens. 
  • Options
    The prediction is the market should nose dive in two to five months. I’m sure we can blame Obama when it happens. 
    Can? Will is more like it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Oh Vlad, Vlad, oh daddy Vlad, say you still don’t have that silly PTAPE, Vlad? You know it was just trying to show a couple of boys a good time,right? Say, I’ll give you the ME and let you have your compounds back plus I’ll let you buy real estate and forget those sanctions too. Vlad? Oh, and Alaska? Yes, I’ll give you Alaska back. Never liked it anyway so it’s yours.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/politics/president-donald-trump-vladimir-putin-meeting/index.html

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Trump, before he was owned by the NRA after Sandy Hook:

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-supported-obama-sandy-hook-massacre-response-calling-gun-control-675369

"We can’t tolerate this anymore," Obama said. "These tragedies must end. And to end them, we must change. We will be told that the causes of such violence are complex, and that is true. No single law—no set of laws—can eliminate evil from the world, or prevent every senseless act of violence in our society. But that can’t be an excuse for inaction. Surely, we can do better than this."

At the time, The New York Times described the speech as "surprisingly assertive," and it came amid a push from lawmakers—chiefly Democrats—to tighten gun control laws.

"We can’t accept events like this as routine," Obama said. "Are we really prepared to say that we’re powerless in the face of such carnage, that the politics are too hard? Are we prepared to say that such violence visited on our children year after year after year is somehow the price of our freedom?"

Trump—then just a billionaire real estate mogul who had only flirted with running for public office—supported Obama's remarks on the massacretweeting: "President Obama spoke for me and every American in his remarks in #Newtown Connecticut." 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Trump, before he was owned by the NRA after Sandy Hook:

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-supported-obama-sandy-hook-massacre-response-calling-gun-control-675369

"We can’t tolerate this anymore," Obama said. "These tragedies must end. And to end them, we must change. We will be told that the causes of such violence are complex, and that is true. No single law—no set of laws—can eliminate evil from the world, or prevent every senseless act of violence in our society. But that can’t be an excuse for inaction. Surely, we can do better than this."

At the time, The New York Times described the speech as "surprisingly assertive," and it came amid a push from lawmakers—chiefly Democrats—to tighten gun control laws.

"We can’t accept events like this as routine," Obama said. "Are we really prepared to say that we’re powerless in the face of such carnage, that the politics are too hard? Are we prepared to say that such violence visited on our children year after year after year is somehow the price of our freedom?"

Trump—then just a billionaire real estate mogul who had only flirted with running for public office—supported Obama's remarks on the massacretweeting: "President Obama spoke for me and every American in his remarks in #Newtown Connecticut." 

Lol

Such strong values that change daily.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    Yet another reason  supporters of Herr dRumpf should feel good about their choice........

Trump asks Japan to build cars in the U.S. It already does
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/06/news/economy/trump-japan-autos-fact-check/index.html

"Try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That's not rude. Is that rude? I don't think so," Trump told executives from local automakers during a trip to Japan.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    What a dipshit
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    I'm embarrassed by that and he's not even my President.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Good love seeing her just go away never to heard from again ..
  • Options

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Donald Trump 'tells Japanese emperor mass shootings can happen anywhere' — in country with no mass shootings

Japan counts gun deaths in single figures annually

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/donald-trump-japan-emperor-akihito-texas-mass-shooting-visit-shinzo-abe-sutherland-springs-a8041391.html
  • Options
    dignin said:

Donald Trump 'tells Japanese emperor mass shootings can happen anywhere' — in country with no mass shootings

Japan counts gun deaths in single figures annually

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/donald-trump-japan-emperor-akihito-texas-mass-shooting-visit-shinzo-abe-sutherland-springs-a8041391.html

But did he say this with his finger in his nose?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    that idiot also said that if there was no good guy with a gun in Texas that hundreds more would have died. um, the town's population is only hundreds, isn't it? Trump is suggesting he would have wiped out the entire town?

what a fucking moron. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    that idiot also said that if there was no good guy with a gun in Texas that hundreds more would have died. um, the town's population is only hundreds, isn't it? Trump is suggesting he would have wiped out the entire town?

what a fucking moron. 
    In all fairness, we do not know exactly what the shithead’s ultimate plan was.  It was a town of 400 within a short drive to one of the most populated cities in Texas.  I have seen no evidence that he was confined to the town and obviously tried to escape.  Trump is a moron, but his statement here “could” be right.
This discussion has been closed.