Donald Trump

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    JC29856 said:
    I'll help from the permit..“seeks to unify the right-wing against a totalitarian Communist crackdown, to speak out against displacement level immigration policies in the United States and Europe and to affirm the right of Southerners and white people to organize for their interests just like any other group is able to do, free of persecution.”

ignoring the incidents at the unite the right rally the form and purpose of it doesn't seem to break any laws to me or the aclu. 
    Perhaps it didn't occur to you that if they stated their full goals on the permit application, they would not have been provided said permit?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 said:
    3days said:
    Without Googling, part of the rally's purpose was to unite the KKK, Neo Nazis, and other alt-right groups that believe in white supremacy and racial segregation. Friday night, they were in the streets with torches, chanting "You will not replace us". So, my best educated guess is that the rally's purpose was to promote the notion of white, Christian persecution.

Speaking of which, and admittedly off thread topic, what's up with the job title "Grand Cyclops"? Much like "Grand Wizard", "The Grand Cyclops" is considered a higher rank in the KKK. Some KKK members have no doubt strived to achieve the level of "Grand Cyclops". I think that if someone wants to be known as "The Grand Cyclops", then they should only be allowed to cut ONE hole in their bedsheet. Imagine that! Spending one's time bumbling around and bumping into things, ignorant to what's going on, with a narrow view... Oh wait...
    so I'm clear, your saying the president should explicitly condemn the purpose of the rally but you're not sure of its purpose yourself. instead you make educated guesses at why they planned the rally.
    He stated the purpose. It was obvious.
    okay, I'll take your word as long as it's originating from cable tv
    JC29856 said:
    I'll help from the permit..“seeks to unify the right-wing against a totalitarian Communist crackdown, to speak out against displacement level immigration policies in the United States and Europe and to affirm the right of Southerners and white people to organize for their interests just like any other group is able to do, free of persecution.”

ignoring the incidents at the unite the right rally the form and purpose of it doesn't seem to break any laws to me or the aclu. 
    Perhaps it didn't occur to you that if they stated their full goals on the permit application, they would not have been provided said permit?
    that's certainly possible I would even say likely but then if the goals and purpose of the rally were super secret how can they be explicitly condemned? should we guess alterior motives of all rallys or just some rallys?

and what about the organized counter protestors? have they been identified? what was their purpose?
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    JC29856 said:
    AKA: "part of the rally's purpose was to unite the KKK, Neo Nazis, and other alt-right groups that believe in white supremacy and racial segregation".

AKA: "the
     rally's purpose was to promote the notion of white, Christian persecution"
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

that's certainly possible I would even say likely but then if the goals and purpose of the rally were super secret how can they be explicitly condemned? should we guess alterior motives of all rallys or just some rallys?

and what about the organized counter protestors? have they been identified? what was their purpose?

We don't need to guess the motives of the white supremacists. They're open about it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2017/08/alt-right-members-in-charlottesville-vow-not-to-back-down/536685/

For those who don't want to read the article:

Today, the alt-right is unabashedly white nationalist, and unafraid to share their views. Richard Spencer fantasizes about a white ethno-state—a vision he told me would be like “the Roman empire.” Many in the movement go even farther, calling for mass deportation and ethnic cleansing for Jews and people of color.

And how about this? For the alt-right, the violence at the rally, including the death of a counter-protestor, is not a lamentable outcome, it's "a phenomenal victory"
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

I know there have been plenty of accounts of the Antifa shit fucks along with the kkk shit fucks.  Both are plenty worthy of blame for escalated violence at otherwise peaceful protests.  Both are guilty of punching women and pepper spraying people in the face and a no tolerance type of mentality.  Fuck them all.
    3days said:
    JC29856 said:
    AKA: "part of the rally's purpose was to unite the KKK, Neo Nazis, and other alt-right groups that believe in white supremacy and racial segregation".

AKA: "the rally's purpose was to promote the notion of white, Christian persecution"
    okay so I did your homework....now you want a president to explicitly condemn aka purposes? the president as dumb as he is should guess and the real purpose and condemn it? that's a slippery slope.

do you believe in free speech or only certain speech, because you can't believe in both?
    speech is speech is speech. it's not the enemy and you're either for it or against it.
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    Hey, but Texas can join Mexico anytime they want. Fuck Texas.
    Where did you get the can of paint you're using to paint with that broad brush?
    JC29856 said:
    3days said:
    JC29856 said:

AKA: "the rally's purpose was to promote the notion of white, Christian persecution"
    okay so I did your homework....now you want a president to explicitly condemn aka purposes? the president as dumb as he is should guess and the real purpose and condemn it? that's a slippery slope.

do you believe in free speech or only certain speech, because you can't believe in both?
    speech is speech is speech. it's not the enemy and you're either for it or against it.

How about this nugget?

Kessler is a local blogger and activist who described the event as a pro-white rally

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/newsalert-driver-of-car-that-plowed-into-protesters-in-custody-official-says/wcm/a85dac16-2c5e-4c76-920c-b551e8a7424b

No one needs to guess at the rally's purpose. Their goals and rationale are widely available all over the internet. The president has heard of the internet, right? He doesn't even need to read; he can watch videos.

And your statement "speech is speech is speech" doesn't even deserve an answer.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    JC29856 said:

Yes your correct ignoring doesn't brake any laws but not acknowledging the hate groups or distancing himself from such groups is not the way to bring the country together again you keep apologizing for head bafoon ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    White supremacist/neo nazi website encouraged by Trump's remarks. Says they were "good" and "no condemnation of us at all".  It also says they are at war and intend on having many more rallies:

https://www.dailystormer.com/

chinese-happy.jpg
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

We don't need to guess the motives of the white supremacists. They're open about it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2017/08/alt-right-members-in-charlottesville-vow-not-to-back-down/536685/

For those who don't want to read the article:

Today, the alt-right is unabashedly white nationalist, and unafraid to share their views. Richard Spencer fantasizes about a white ethno-state—a vision he told me would be like “the Roman empire.” Many in the movement go even farther, calling for mass deportation and ethnic cleansing for Jews and people of color.

And how about this? For the alt-right, the violence at the rally, including the death of a counter-protestor, is not a lamentable outcome, it's "a phenomenal victory"

I was talking about condemning the stated purpose, we agree on the motives. I don't think any president, even one as stupid dumb as this one should guess at and condemn the stated purpose based on obvious motives or take words from those in attendance like Duke or Spencer.

People are quick to label BLM as a hate group or condemn their rallys based on the actions of bad actors with alterior motives when their stated purpose is to shine a light on being killed by cops more often than others simply for being black.
    JC29856 said:
    3days said:
    JC29856 said:

How about this nugget?

Kessler is a local blogger and activist who described the event as a pro-white rally

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/newsalert-driver-of-car-that-plowed-into-protesters-in-custody-official-says/wcm/a85dac16-2c5e-4c76-920c-b551e8a7424b

No one needs to guess at the rally's purpose. Their goals and rationale are widely available all over the internet. The president has heard of the internet, right? He doesn't even need to read; he can watch videos.

And your statement "speech is speech is speech" doesn't even deserve an answer.
    One could argue that it was a white lives matter rally, I think that was even chanted. If so, although it's silly, I wouldn't say it's against any laws and would argue it's protected assembly and speech. Hate speech is speech, and protected.

You helped with with polling, I'm interested in your answer about speech speech speech. Keep in mind that more people read these forums than post, you would be helping them also.

Why, then, would people who believe that simultaneously want to vest in these same fascism-supporting authorities the power to ban and outlaw ideas they dislike? Why would you possible think that the List of Prohibited Ideas will end up including the views you hate rather than the views you support? Most levers of state power are now controlled by the Republican Party, while many Democrats have also advocated the criminalization of left-wing views. Why would you trust those officials to suppress free speech in ways that you find just and noble, rather than oppressive?

https://theintercept.com/2017/08/13/the-misguided-attacks-on-aclu-for-defending-neo-nazis-free-speech-rights-in-charlottesville/
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

I know there have been plenty of accounts of the Antifa shit fucks along with the kkk shit fucks.  Both are plenty worthy of blame for escalated violence at otherwise peaceful protests.  Both are guilty of punching women and pepper spraying people in the face and a no tolerance type of mentality.  Fuck them all.
    Only one side murdered someone yesterday, but hey, same difference.
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

Only one person murdered someone.  Both "sides" are guilty of perpetuating the violence that has come forth at protests across the country.  Far lefties and far righties are both far dumbasses.
  • dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

And being intolerant of hate places one side on par with being intolerant of people?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

Only one person murdered someone.  Both "sides" are guilty of perpetuating the violence that has come forth at protests across the country.  Far lefties and far righties are both far dumbasses.
    Oh really? So I bet you feel the same way when "one Muslim" blows himself up in a crowd of people.

The far left is not spewing the hate. The far left was out there marching against the hate when they were run down in the street by someone on the far right.

False equivalency, and any sane person can see it.
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

And being intolerant of hate places one side on par with being intolerant of people?
    It's crazy. Were in Trump's America now, this is how people rationalize this BS.
  • Is President Trump considered right, far right or alt-right?
    edited August 2017
    scary stuff
    anyone see the group of guys with assault weapons dressed like the national guard in Charlottesville yesterday?
    one of them was asked what they were doing dressed like they were ready for war, answer keeping the peace and everything on my person is within my rights to possess and carry on my person.
    after some more questions he said... this is part of a coup to remove our democratically elected president, we're here to show those people what they will be met with if they succeed.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

Oh really? So I bet you feel the same way when "one Muslim" blows himself up in a crowd of people.

The far left is not spewing the hate. The far left was out there marching against the hate when they were run down in the street by someone on the far right.

antifa considered far left or centrists?
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

Keep defending the Antifa hoodlums.  Are you one of them?  They have perpetuated the violence at a number of protests lately.  I have seen plenty of hate spewed by both sides lately, and any sane person sees that.  Like the Antifa member and Berkeley CA professor that was bashing people over the head with a bike lock that could have easily killed someone.  The far left is intolerant of anyone moderately conservative and vise versa.   
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

Keep defending the Antifa hoodlums.  Are you one of them?  They have perpetuated the violence at a number of protests lately.  I have seen plenty of hate spewed by both sides lately, and any sane person sees that.  Like the Antifa member and Berkeley CA professor that was bashing people over the head with a bike lock that could have easily killed someone.  The far left is intolerant of anyone moderately conservative and vise versa.   
    professor bike lock didn't get much attention around here, neither have all the hate initially reported as perpetuated by Trump supportors that turned out to be done by never Trumpers after investigated.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

This is not about fucking Antifa. 
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

It partly is...They had a large presence at this protest, throwing piss balloons and pepper spraying at will.  Violence begets violence, right? 
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

I believe they were part of the "counter protestors", but I still haven't found all the players involved in both "sides"
    AG Sessions doj is investigating so eventually we will know more.
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

It partly is...They had a large presence at this protest, throwing piss balloons and pepper spraying at will.  Violence begets violence, right? 
    wow...I heard about the "sewage balloons" I was hoping it was an exaggeration. Only real sick minds can think of that counter protest tactic...gross!
  • ^^^
    Talk about taking a dump on someones parade.

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,785
    There was an obvious right and wrong side of the "conversation" that happened in Charlotte.  If you don't know which side that is, you seriously need to have your moral compass calibrated. Stop defending Nazi's. 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
This discussion has been closed.