Options

Nothing as it seems

2»

Comments

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277

Who cares what the band said?
    Pearl Jam can't recognize a good Pearl Jam song for shit.
    They should write songs, let the fans hear them first, and then let the fans decide which song to be included on the studio album, and which song to be left as a holiday single or Lost Dogs kind of release. Or never to be touched again (cough.. Sirens.. cough)
    Right?

If you think the presidential election/protests were crazy, just try getting PJ fans to agree on voting for songs for an album...

Have you ever read a 'Best Song' thread on here? There would be riots!

#notmyalbum #ididntvoteforthat

:)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    goldrush said:

Who cares what the band said?
    Pearl Jam can't recognize a good Pearl Jam song for shit.
    They should write songs, let the fans hear them first, and then let the fans decide which song to be included on the studio album, and which song to be left as a holiday single or Lost Dogs kind of release. Or never to be touched again (cough.. Sirens.. cough)
    Right?

If you think the presidential election/protests were crazy, just try getting PJ fans to agree on voting for songs for an album...

Have you ever read a 'Best Song' thread on here? There would be riots!

#notmyalbum #ididntvoteforthat

:)
    Ahah.. I agree, and I already said basically the same thing in my previous post :)

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877

Yes, I was sarcastic.. for the most part.
    It wouldnt work, anyway.. take me and mcgruff.. we have opposite views of what a good PJ song is.. nais, sleight of hand, cropduster.. amazing songs for me, boring songs for him and many others.
    Anyway, radio friendly means good lead single? Just breathe is the best single they ever released, then.
    I remember the first time I heard nais on the radio, I was in heaven. Give me that anyday instead of things like sirens or the fixer

100 % agree on your first paragraph! That s why pj live is always so great. They play songs from their entire catalog.
    And couldn't agree more about the fixer (should have been unthought known) and sirens (should have been lighting bolt).
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

It wouldnt work, anyway.. take me and mcgruff.. we have opposite views of what a good PJ song is.. nais, sleight of hand, cropduster.. amazing songs for me, boring songs for him and many others.
    Anyway, radio friendly means good lead single? Just breathe is the best single they ever released, then.
    I remember the first time I heard nais on the radio, I was in heaven. Give me that anyday instead of things like sirens or the fixer

100 % agree on your first paragraph! That s why pj live is always so great. They play songs from their entire catalog.
    And couldn't agree more about the fixer (should have been unthought known) and sirens (should have been lighting bolt).
    We definitely agree on this.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

It would be interesting to sit next to each other at a show! I'd be rocking my ass off to a song and you'd be knitting and then roles would reverse lol.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

It would be interesting to sit next to each other at a show! I'd be rocking my ass off to a song and you'd be knitting and then roles would reverse lol.
    ahah.. I don't know, actually... I know you dislike some songs I really love, but you also seem to don't particularly appreciate the same songs as me.. for sure, we can share a piss break during Sirens (that song plus the ah-ah-oh-oh outro should last 6-7 minutes, enough time I think)
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

ahah.. I don't know, actually... I know you dislike some songs I really love, but you also seem to don't particularly appreciate the same songs as me.. for sure, we can share a piss break during Sirens (that song plus the ah-ah-oh-oh outro should last 6-7 minutes, enough time I think)
    Sirens is the worst!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,375
    edited February 2017
    Sirens is great
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Sirens is pretty great