***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited April 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This is 100% how I feel:

But isn't Mitt factually wrong? In what way could it be it insufficient evidence to charge the president when Mueller or whoever even can't charge the president due to DoJ guidelines? Right? 

He can only let congress decide from the evidence he put in the report - which he did put in the report of obstruction -- and that is why people are now calling for impeachment procedures?

Or what am i missing Mitt Romney and @mcgruff10 ?
    I don’t think he is factually wrong but it all depends on your view of trump. I don’t like the guy but I don’t want our country to be consumed with impeachment for the next two years, There are way too many problems to solve in this country.  To me the case is closed. No obstruction, no collusion, time to move on. 
    Where did you get the “no obstruction” part from, other than Trump himself?
    Let me know when he is prosecuted for those charges and I will stand corrected.  Time to move on.  
    But still, and I'm swedish and you are from the US so you know this better  - but you can't, by DoJ guidelines, prosecute a sitting president? You have to go through the political process of impeachment? 

Or tell a poor swede how it works... so I can stand corrected.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This is 100% how I feel:

But isn't Mitt factually wrong? In what way could it be it insufficient evidence to charge the president when Mueller or whoever even can't charge the president due to DoJ guidelines? Right? 

He can only let congress decide from the evidence he put in the report - which he did put in the report of obstruction -- and that is why people are now calling for impeachment procedures?

I don’t think he is factually wrong but it all depends on your view of trump. I don’t like the guy but I don’t want our country to be consumed with impeachment for the next two years, There are way too many problems to solve in this country.  To me the case is closed. No obstruction, no collusion, time to move on. 
    Saying there was insufficient evidence to charge the president when no one can charge a sitting president due to DoJ guidelines, would be factually wrong... wouldn't it? What has it do with Trump?

And the political process of impeachment is up to congress to decide on, and not Mueller through the report.

And isn't it a weird position to have "I don't want our country to be consumed by impeachment, so when a report point out the President acted in a impeachable way we should set the precedent for the future to not do jack-shit because of not being consumed by impeachment because of reasons"

And if you say the case is closed and no obstruction -- then I guess you didn't read the report but instead maybe got the jist of it from Sean Hannity  after bumping into him during an elevator ride?
    I read the New York Times, cnn and local news. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This is 100% how I feel:

I agree one of the problems that needs fixing is to get this corrupt criminal out of office like today ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited April 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This is 100% how I feel:

Saying there was insufficient evidence to charge the president when no one can charge a sitting president due to DoJ guidelines, would be factually wrong... wouldn't it? What has it do with Trump?

And the political process of impeachment is up to congress to decide on, and not Mueller through the report.

And isn't it a weird position to have "I don't want our country to be consumed by impeachment, so when a report point out the President acted in a impeachable way we should set the precedent for the future to not do jack-shit because of not being consumed by impeachment because of reasons"

And if you say the case is closed and no obstruction -- then I guess you didn't read the report but instead maybe got the jist of it from Sean Hannity  after bumping into him during an elevator ride?
    I read the New York Times, cnn and local news. 
    I watch CNN and haven't heard anyone on there come to the conclusion that there was no obstruction?

You didn't answer my other question:

Saying there was insufficient evidence to charge the president when no one can charge a sitting president due to DoJ guidelines, would be factually wrong... wouldn't it? What has it do with anyones view of Trump?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Can’t let the idiot off the hook this sets a precedent for the next president and presidents going forward , if he can get away with it every president from now on should also get a pass ..
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This is 100% how I feel:

Mueller certainly didn't come to that conclusion. "While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”
    And I'm not worried about our country being consumed with accountability and constitutionality for the next 2 years. Although the dems would probably be wiser to focus on the 2020 elections (pres & flip the senate), I would understand the desire to hold a President accountable to the laws of the land.
    Trump will not be solving any of those problems you allude to in the next 2 years. He has already started his campaigning. It is what he lives for. He isn't interested in running the country or fixing problems. He is interested in rallies, and "winning".
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    edited April 2019
    mcgruff10 said:

To me the case is closed. No obstruction, no collusion, time to move on. 
    Just stumbled upon this on youtube. Fitting. Haha:

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This is 100% how I feel:

Let me know when he is prosecuted for those charges and I will stand corrected.  Time to move on.  
    Time to move on the impeachment.  Starting with tRUmp testifying in front of Congress.

Of course tRUmp could save us all the trouble and resign.  Then we can unseal his indictment.

There is a chain of command in place.  Dems are handing the GOP president pence on a silver fucking platter?  Why are they too chicken shiat to take it?

I'll give you a hint, they're complicit.  Who was the GOP finance chair again?  No, the other one. No, not that one, the other other one. 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This is 100% how I feel:

Time to move on the impeachment.  Starting with tRUmp testifying in front of Congress.

Of course tRUmp could save us all the trouble and resign.  Then we can unseal his indictment.

There is a chain of command in place.  Dems are handing the GOP president pence on a silver fucking platter?  Why are they too chicken shiat to take it?

I'll give you a hint, they're complicit.  Who was the GOP finance chair again?  No, the other one. No, not that one, the other other one. 
    Let's not forget about this traitor.

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    If people are cheering this report because the Baffoon is not charged yet is pathetic , everyone including himself knows that he’s considered a cancer to this country not a hero but a cancer ! The report calls him a liar straight up ...
    edited April 2019
    If people are cheering this report because the Baffoon is not charged yet is pathetic , everyone including himself knows that he’s considered a cancer to this country not a hero but a cancer ! The report calls him a liar straight up ...
    HEY MAN! SOME PEOPLE JUST CALL IT AS THEY SEE IT!

Now let that man in peace keep on denying climate change and keep on not knowing what he's doing. FOR THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY!
    mcgruff10 said:

No obstruction,
    Quote from the report, copied from NY Times that you claim you read:

“The evidence we obtained about the president’s actions and intent presents difficult issues that would need to be resolved if we were making a traditional prosecutorial judgment. At the same time, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the president clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment. Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”
    Speaking of cancer - Kellyanne's husband George Conway had a great Op Ed piece in WaPo yesterday:

George Conway: Trump is a cancer on the presidency. Congress should remove him.

"...the facts in Mueller’s report condemn Trump even more than the report’s refusal to clear him of a crime. Charged with faithfully executing the laws, the president is, in effect, the nation’s highest law enforcement officer. Yet Mueller’s investigation “found multiple acts by the President that were capable of executing undue influence over law enforcement investigations.”

Trump tried to “limit the scope of the investigation.” He tried to discourage witnesses from cooperating with the government through “suggestions of possible future pardons.” He engaged in “direct and indirect contacts with witnesses with the potential to influence their testimony.” A fair reading of the special counsel’s narrative is that “the likely effect” of these acts was “to intimidate witnesses or to alter their testimony,” with the result that “the justice system’s integrity [was] threatened.” Page after page, act after act, Mueller’s report describes a relentless torrent of such obstructive activity by Trump.

Contrast poor Richard M. Nixon. He was almost certain to be impeached, and removed from office, after the infamous “smoking gun” tape came out. On that tape, the president is heard directing his chief of staff to get the CIA director, Richard Helms, to tell the FBI “don’t go any further into this case” — Watergate — for national security reasons. That order never went anywhere, because Helms ignored it.

Other than that, Nixon was mostly passive — at least compared with Trump. For the most part, the Watergate tapes showed that Nixon had “acquiesced in the cover-up” after the fact. Nixon had no advance knowledge of the break-in. His aides were the driving force behind the obstruction.

Trump, on the other hand, was a one-man show. His aides tried to stop him, according to Mueller: “The President’s efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests.”

As for Trump’s supposed defense that there was no underlying “collusion” crime, well, as the special counsel points out, it’s not a defense, even in a criminal prosecution. But it’s actually unhelpful in the comparison to Watergate. The underlying crime in Watergate was a clumsy, third-rate burglary in an election campaign that turned out to be a landslide.

The investigation that Trump tried to interfere with here, to protect his own personal interests, was in significant part an investigation of how a hostile foreign power interfered with our democracy. If that’s not putting personal interests above a presidential duty to the nation, nothing is.

White House counsel John Dean famously told Nixon that there was a cancer within the presidency and that it was growing. What the Mueller report disturbingly shows, with crystal clarity, is that today there is a cancer in the presidency: President Donald J. Trump.

Congress now bears the solemn constitutional duty to excise that cancer without delay.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,482
    jeffbr said:
    Speaking of cancer - Kellyanne's husband George Conway had a great Op Ed piece in WaPo yesterday:

George Conway: Trump is a cancer on the presidency. Congress should remove him.

"...the facts in Mueller’s report condemn Trump even more than the report’s refusal to clear him of a crime. Charged with faithfully executing the laws, the president is, in effect, the nation’s highest law enforcement officer. Yet Mueller’s investigation “found multiple acts by the President that were capable of executing undue influence over law enforcement investigations.”

Trump tried to “limit the scope of the investigation.” He tried to discourage witnesses from cooperating with the government through “suggestions of possible future pardons.” He engaged in “direct and indirect contacts with witnesses with the potential to influence their testimony.” A fair reading of the special counsel’s narrative is that “the likely effect” of these acts was “to intimidate witnesses or to alter their testimony,” with the result that “the justice system’s integrity [was] threatened.” Page after page, act after act, Mueller’s report describes a relentless torrent of such obstructive activity by Trump.

Contrast poor Richard M. Nixon. He was almost certain to be impeached, and removed from office, after the infamous “smoking gun” tape came out. On that tape, the president is heard directing his chief of staff to get the CIA director, Richard Helms, to tell the FBI “don’t go any further into this case” — Watergate — for national security reasons. That order never went anywhere, because Helms ignored it.

Other than that, Nixon was mostly passive — at least compared with Trump. For the most part, the Watergate tapes showed that Nixon had “acquiesced in the cover-up” after the fact. Nixon had no advance knowledge of the break-in. His aides were the driving force behind the obstruction.

Trump, on the other hand, was a one-man show. His aides tried to stop him, according to Mueller: “The President’s efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests.”

As for Trump’s supposed defense that there was no underlying “collusion” crime, well, as the special counsel points out, it’s not a defense, even in a criminal prosecution. But it’s actually unhelpful in the comparison to Watergate. The underlying crime in Watergate was a clumsy, third-rate burglary in an election campaign that turned out to be a landslide.

The investigation that Trump tried to interfere with here, to protect his own personal interests, was in significant part an investigation of how a hostile foreign power interfered with our democracy. If that’s not putting personal interests above a presidential duty to the nation, nothing is.

White House counsel John Dean famously told Nixon that there was a cancer within the presidency and that it was growing. What the Mueller report disturbingly shows, with crystal clarity, is that today there is a cancer in the presidency: President Donald J. Trump.

Congress now bears the solemn constitutional duty to excise that cancer without delay.

Bigger than Watergate. Much bigger.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Conway's can both fuck right off
    CM189191 said:
    Eh, the enemy of my enemy is my friend for now. G. Conway gets under DonDon's skin and also makes a lot of salient points. It also must drive Zombie Barbie crazy when he writes these things, or tweets about Drumpf.
    mcgruff10 said:

No obstruction,

“The evidence we obtained about the president’s actions and intent presents difficult issues that would need to be resolved if we were making a traditional prosecutorial judgment. At the same time, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the president clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment. Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”
    On the flip side if there was enough evidence to say he clearly committed obstruction of justice then they would have stated that too. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

No obstruction,

On the flip side if there was enough evidence to say he clearly committed obstruction of justice then they would have stated that too. 
    He explained why he wouldn't do that though. From Volume II (the Obstruction section), page 1:
    First, a traditional prosecution or declination decision entails a binary determination to
    initiate or decline a prosecution, but we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial
    judgment. The Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) has issued an opinion finding that "the indictment
    or criminal prosecution of a sitting President would impermissibly undermine the capacity of the
    executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned functions" in violation of "the
    constitutional separation of powers." 1 Given the role of the Special Counsel as an attorney in the
    Department of Justice and the framework of the Special Counsel regulations , see 28 U.S.C. § 515;
    28 C.F .R. § 600.7(a), this Office accepted OLC's legal conclusion for the purpose of exercising
    prosecutorial jurisdiction. And apart from OLC's constitutional view, we recognized that a federal
    criminal accusation against a sitting President would place burdens on the President's capacity to
    govern and potentially preempt constitutional processes for addressing presidential misconduct. 

Second, while the OLC opinion concludes that a sitting President may not be prosecuted,
    it recognizes that a cr iminal investigation during the President's term is permissible .3 The OLC
    opinion also recognizes that a President does not have immunity after he leaves office. 4 And if
    individuals other than the President committed an obstruction offense, they may be prosecuted at
    this time. Given tho se considerations, the facts known to us, and the strong public interest in
    safeguarding the integrity of the criminal justice system , we conducted a thorough factual
    investigation in order to preserve the evidence when memories were fresh and documentary
    materials were available.

Third, we considered whether to evaluate the conduct we investigated under the Justice
    Manual standards governing prosecution and declination decisions, but we determined not to apply
    an approach that could potentially result in a judgment that the President committed crimes. The
    threshold step under the Justice Manual standards is to assess whether a person's conduct
    "constitutes a federal offense." U.S. Dep't of Justice, Justice Manual§ 9-27.220 (2018) (Justice
    Manual). Fairness concerns counseled against potentially reaching that judgment when no charges
    can be brought. The ordinary means for an individual to respond to an accusation is through a
    speedy and public trial, with all the procedural protections that surround a criminal case. An
    individual who believes he was wrongly accused can use that process to seek to clear his name. In
    contrast , a prosecutor's judgment that crimes were committed, but that no charges will be brought ,
    affords no such adversarial opportunity for public name-clearing before an impartial adjudicator .5

The concerns about the fairness of such a determination would be heightened in the case
    of a sitting President, where a federal prosecutor's accusation of a crime, even in an internal report ,
    could carry consequences that extend beyond the realm of criminal justice. OLC noted similar
    concerns about sealed indictments. Even if an indictment were sealed during the President's term ,
    OLC reasoned, "it would be very difficult to preserve [an indictment 's] secrecy, " and if an
    indictment became public, "[t]he stigma and opprobrium" could imperil the President's ability to
    govern." 6 Although a prosecutor's internal report would not represent a formal public accusation
    akin to an indictment, the possibility of the report 's public disclosure and the absence of a neutral
    adjudicatory forum to review its findings counseled against potentially determining "that the
    person's conduct constitutes a federal offense ." Justice Manual § 9-27.220.

Fourth, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President
    clearly did not commit obstruction of justice , we would so state. Based on the facts and the
    applicable legal standards , however , we are unable to reach that judgment. The evidence we
    obtained about the President 's actions and intent presents difficult issues that prevent us from
    conclusively determining that no criminal conduct occurred. Accordingly, while this report does
    not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.

So right off the bat, on page 1 of Volume II, the very first thing he said was that he wouldn't be indicting a sitting president and would accept the OLC's legal conclusion. So this was never going to be a criminal indictment against a sitting president. I think Mueller stated is as clearly as he possibly could without crossing the threshold to accusations of criminal activity. Trump clearly obstructed. He needs to be held accountable. 
    jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

No obstruction,

He explained why he wouldn't do that though. From Volume II (the Obstruction section), page 1:
    First, a traditional prosecution or declination decision entails a binary determination to
    initiate or decline a prosecution, but we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial
    judgment. The Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) has issued an opinion finding that "the indictment
    or criminal prosecution of a sitting President would impermissibly undermine the capacity of the
    executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned functions" in violation of "the
    constitutional separation of powers." 1 Given the role of the Special Counsel as an attorney in the
    Department of Justice and the framework of the Special Counsel regulations , see 28 U.S.C. § 515;
    28 C.F .R. § 600.7(a), this Office accepted OLC's legal conclusion for the purpose of exercising
    prosecutorial jurisdiction. And apart from OLC's constitutional view, we recognized that a federal
    criminal accusation against a sitting President would place burdens on the President's capacity to
    govern and potentially preempt constitutional processes for addressing presidential misconduct. 

Second, while the OLC opinion concludes that a sitting President may not be prosecuted,
    it recognizes that a cr iminal investigation during the President's term is permissible .3 The OLC
    opinion also recognizes that a President does not have immunity after he leaves office. 4 And if
    individuals other than the President committed an obstruction offense, they may be prosecuted at
    this time. Given tho se considerations, the facts known to us, and the strong public interest in
    safeguarding the integrity of the criminal justice system , we conducted a thorough factual
    investigation in order to preserve the evidence when memories were fresh and documentary

Third, we considered whether to evaluate the conduct we investigated under the Justice
    Manual standards governing prosecution and declination decisions, but we determined not to apply
    an approach that could potentially result in a judgment that the President committed crimes. The
    threshold step under the Justice Manual standards is to assess whether a person's conduct
    "constitutes a federal offense." U.S. Dep't of Justice, Justice Manual§ 9-27.220 (2018) (Justice
    Manual). Fairness concerns counseled against potentially reaching that judgment when no charges
    can be brought. The ordinary means for an individual to respond to an accusation is through a
    speedy and public trial, with all the procedural protections that surround a criminal case. An
    individual who believes he was wrongly accused can use that process to seek to clear his name. In
    contrast , a prosecutor's judgment that crimes were committed, but that no charges will be brought ,
    affords no such adversarial opportunity for public name-clearing before an impartial adjudicator .5

The concerns about the fairness of such a determination would be heightened in the case
    of a sitting President, where a federal prosecutor's accusation of a crime, even in an internal report ,
    could carry consequences that extend beyond the realm of criminal justice. OLC noted similar
    concerns about sealed indictments. Even if an indictment were sealed during the President's term ,
    OLC reasoned, "it would be very difficult to preserve [an indictment 's] secrecy, " and if an
    indictment became public, "[t]he stigma and opprobrium" could imperil the President's ability to
    govern." 6 Although a prosecutor's internal report would not represent a formal public accusation
    akin to an indictment, the possibility of the report 's public disclosure and the absence of a neutral
    adjudicatory forum to review its findings counseled against potentially determining "that the

Fourth, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President
    clearly did not commit obstruction of justice , we would so state. Based on the facts and the
    applicable legal standards , however , we are unable to reach that judgment. The evidence we
    obtained about the President 's actions and intent presents difficult issues that prevent us from
    conclusively determining that no criminal conduct occurred. Accordingly, while this report does
    not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.

So right off the bat, on page 1 of Volume II, the very first thing he said was that he wouldn't be indicting a sitting president and would accept the OLC's legal conclusion. So this was never going to be a criminal indictment against a sitting president. I think Mueller stated is as clearly as he possibly could without crossing the threshold to accusations of criminal activity. Trump clearly obstructed. He needs to be held accountable. 
    I disagree, just like whitewater and lewinsky to me it is time to move on. Enough. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

No obstruction,

I disagree, just like whitewater and lewinsky to me it is time to move on. Enough. 
    Well, the Clinton stuff had a little follow-on activity post-Ken Starr's pornographic report. I only ask for the same in this instance, since what Trump has done these past 2 years is miles beyond what Bill did. 448 pages of lies, deception, obfuscation, skirting of the laws, likely violations of law, obstruction (make no mistake, it is in there), passive collusion with Russia to affect the 2016 campaign results (they didn't necessarily criminally and actively conspire, but they were certainly participants, even if unwittingly). 
    jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

No obstruction,

Well, the Clinton stuff had a little follow-on activity post-Ken Starr's pornographic report. I only ask for the same in this instance, since what Trump has done these past 2 years is miles beyond what Bill did. 448 pages of lies, deception, obfuscation, skirting of the laws, likely violations of law, obstruction (make no mistake, it is in there), passive collusion with Russia to affect the 2016 campaign results (they didn't necessarily criminally and actively conspire, but they were certainly participants, even if unwittingly). 
    I don’t know bud, our country is so damn different now compared to 96-98.  I think if impeachment went forward the left and right would grow further apart and nothing would get done in this country. I know you don’t believe in him but I d like to believe that moving forward he would do what is best for the country rather than be consumed with impeachment.  Just my two cents. Go Biden!

jeffbr said:
    CM189191 said:
    Eh, the enemy of my enemy is my friend for now. G. Conway gets under DonDon's skin and also makes a lot of salient points. It also must drive Zombie Barbie crazy when he writes these things, or tweets about Drumpf.
    When has trump ever responded to conway? Once, after someone called him out on it.  It's all an act with that couple.  Don't trust him any further than I can throw him.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    "THE FIELD"
    CM189191 said:
    jeffbr said:
    CM189191 said:
    When has trump ever responded to conway? Once, after someone called him out on it.  It's all an act with that couple.  Don't trust him any further than I can throw him.
    That would be a weird act given how thin-skinned Trump is.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    So the statue of limitations on most of the evidence laid out in the report expire 2022 , which make 2020 way more important if he looses he can be charged & prosecuted as a civilian citizen ! So how much do you think he’s willing to pay Russia to help him get re-elected? 
    Warren calling for impeachment ! 
    Easy for a senator to insist on impeachment when the house handles it. Lol
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna996156
    Even this man’s reputation will be stained!
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,482
    CM189191 said:
    The first impeachment might be CYA Barr’s for lying before congress during his confirmation hearing. Wouldn’t be the first time.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mcgruff10 said:
    Easy for a senator to insist on impeachment when the house handles it. Lol
    No doubt , she’s asking the house to start the process not demanding it and yes even if the house voted to impeach it would die in the senate but it’s still the right thing to do !