Options

***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    Just my personal opinion of the Cohen testimony...

I don't think there was a lot of new info.  Now, having a check would be amazing, but only if it can really be linked.  I personally think they should have left all the racism, etc out of the conversation.  That seemed like a hollywood add to make it dramatic.  Focus on the crimes. 

So - I'm sure there is more to come with Mueller etc. but I was let down.  It is also amazing that we can know all of this stuff about the president and he still stands a decent chance at being re-elected.  Even if he can't be removed from office...he should be unelectable.  
    lol even if he looses next election he won’t leave office peacefully doesn’t that concern you ?
    What is funny?

Does it concern me that Cohen says that?  Not any more than you saying it.  It concerns me more than it should and it's the first time I've had the thought that it could be a problem.  But does it really concern me? No.  I don't think it happens.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Cohen’s testimony  is already old news.   Nothing we didn’t already know.  Every week we say this is the thing that will ruin him and it just fades away.
    I took Cohen's testimony as a bit of a "pre-show" for the real circus of Ivanka and Don Jr. possibly having to testify in front of congress, as well as the Mueller report. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192

I don't think there was a lot of new info.  Now, having a check would be amazing, but only if it can really be linked.  I personally think they should have left all the racism, etc out of the conversation.  That seemed like a hollywood add to make it dramatic.  Focus on the crimes. 

So - I'm sure there is more to come with Mueller etc. but I was let down.  It is also amazing that we can know all of this stuff about the president and he still stands a decent chance at being re-elected.  Even if he can't be removed from office...he should be unelectable.  
    lol even if he looses next election he won’t leave office peacefully doesn’t that concern you ?
    What is funny?

Does it concern me that Cohen says that?  Not any more than you saying it.  It concerns me more than it should and it's the first time I've had the thought that it could be a problem.  But does it really concern me? No.  I don't think it happens.
    it's not even a concern.  we have laws in this country. there is no way he won't be required to leave the White House when he loses.  not even other republican's will allow for that to happen.  you should have a lot more faith in our system than that.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    "THE FIELD"
    pjhawks said:

What is funny?

it's not even a concern.  we have laws in this country. there is no way he won't be required to leave the White House when he loses.  not even other republican's will allow for that to happen.  you should have a lot more faith in our system than that.
    It's not a concern because he's going to win.

But even if he loses, all "not going away peacefully" does is make him look like a petulant baby. It would make what I believe will be an awful legacy look even worse.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

What is funny?

But even if he loses, all "not going away peacefully" does is make him look like a petulant baby. It would make what I believe will be an awful legacy look even worse.  
    Yeah some people seem to think that if he loses in 2020, he may just sit in the Oval Office with his arms-crossed saying "I'm not leaving!" That'll never happen. But what also won't happen is him shaking the hand of the person that beats him and wishing him/her well. Remember how gracefully Bush Sr. handled losing to Clinton in 1992? Trump will NOT be like that. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    "THE FIELD"
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

What is funny?

Yeah some people seem to think that if he loses in 2020, he may just sit in the Oval Office with his arms-crossed saying "I'm not leaving!" That'll never happen. But what also won't happen is him shaking the hand of the person that beats him and wishing him/her well. Remember how gracefully Bush Sr. handled losing to Clinton in 1992? Trump will NOT be like that. 
    No...he'd be whining and bitching about how he lost because of voter fraud and how the winner should be locked up.  It would be embarrassing for him and the country.  But a few days later, we'd move on (which would bug him more). 

It's really important to the country to beat him in 2020.  But my petty side would enjoy it as well.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited February 2019
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

What is funny?

It's not that he won't leave, it's him saying the whole thing was rigged/fraud and his cult believing that wholeheartedly. 

There are many possibilities and implications that can fallout from that. None of which are good for anyone.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    if he loses he'll create a whack of EO's just to spite the democrats. Nov-Jan will just be one big long tantrum. He'd probably do weird things to the oval too. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    dignin said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

What is funny?

It's not that he won't leave, it's him saying the whole thing was rigged/fraud and his cult believing that wholeheartedly. 

There are many possibilities and implications that can fallout from that. None of which are good for anyone.
    You & I on the same page ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531

So is your concern that he incites the public to be violent?    I don't think that would happen, but if it does then it highlights a much bigger problem in the US than Donald Trump.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283

So is your concern that he incites the public to be violent?    I don't think that would happen, but if it does then it highlights a much bigger problem in the US than Donald Trump.
    Yep that’s what he will do , have you not been listening to his attacks on the Press ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Yep that’s what he will do , have you not been listening to his attacks on the Press ? 
    Yeah, Trump is despicable and hates the press.  Will that transition to mass violence if he loses an election or is impeached?  I don't think so.  There would be pockets of violence from some idiots (and that is unacceptable), but I don't think it will turn into anything major.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    "THE FIELD"
    if he loses he'll create a whack of EO's just to spite the democrats. Nov-Jan will just be one big long tantrum. He'd probably do weird things to the oval too. 
    P-Tape II: Geriatric Boogaloo.

But yeah.  Lame Duck Trump would be a big mess.  He'd do anything he could just to be petulant.  Maybe the 25th would come out and we'd have President Pence for like six weeks.
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    edited February 2019
    "Constant contact with the Southern District of New York" regarding ongoing investigations into the president
    Bank Fraud
    Tax Fraud
    Charity Fraud
    Campaign Finance Violations
    Obstruction of Justice
    Colluding with and being leveraged by the Russians
    etc
    etc
    etc

I've said since the beginning that many roads will lead to impeachment/resignation. That's never been truer than it is right now. Biggest problem the dems will eventually have is to choose what's the most egregious crime to act on.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    "Constant contact with the Southern District of New York" regarding ongoing investigations into the president
    Bank Fraud
    Tax Fraud
    Charity Fraud
    Obstruction of Justice
    etc
    etc
    etc

I've said since the beginning that many roads will lead to impeachment/resignation. That's never been truer than it is right now. Biggest problem the dems will eventually have is to choose what's the most egregious crime to act on.

Do they have to pick just one?

• Options
    dignin said:
    Bank Fraud
    Tax Fraud
    Charity Fraud
    Obstruction of Justice
    etc
    etc
    etc

I honestly have no idea how this will all work once everything is out in the open. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    dignin said:
    Bank Fraud
    Tax Fraud
    Charity Fraud
    Obstruction of Justice
    etc
    etc
    etc

I honestly have no idea how this will all work once everything is out in the open. 
    By the way---I added "Campaign Finance Violations" to the list. There are so many crimes he is involved with that it's hard to keep track. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Bank Fraud
    Tax Fraud
    Charity Fraud
    Obstruction of Justice
    etc
    etc
    etc

By the way---I added "Campaign Finance Violations" to the list. There are so many crimes he is involved with that it's hard to keep track. 
    Add money laundering and FICA violations. The house will list them all in articles of impeachment and the dems in the senate will prosecute those they can prove, maybe some they can’t. Going out as a martyr in a plea deal will be better for Team Trump Treason’s “brand” so he’ll either resign, not run again or be impeached and removed from office. Then he can fully blame the deep state, Hillary and dems and make money from it.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    "THE FIELD"
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

What is funny?

If I were him, I'd be a little concerned about losing. In the following 10 mostly red or purple states he is even in 1 and had a net disapproval rating in 9. I'd also point to the midterm results and turnout.

IA -14
    NC -4
    OH -6
    PA -10
    TX -0-
    WI -16
    MI -15
    FL -4
    GA -2
    AZ -8

I'm not sure how he recovers in the double digit disapproval states. 

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump/

• Options
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

What is funny?

If I were him, I'd be a little concerned about losing. In the following 10 mostly red or purple states he is even in 1 and had a net disapproval rating in 9. I'd also point to the midterm results and turnout.

IA -14
    NC -4
    OH -6
    PA -10
    TX -0-
    WI -16
    MI -15
    FL -4
    GA -2
    AZ -8

His numbers are atrocious for an incumbent.....and I suspect will only get worse as different investigations come to an end
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    "THE FIELD"
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:

What is funny?

IA -14
    NC -4
    OH -6
    PA -10
    TX -0-
    WI -16
    MI -15
    FL -4
    GA -2
    AZ -8

His numbers are atrocious for an incumbent.....and I suspect will only get worse as different investigations come to an end

And atrocious for an incumbent with very low unemployment and no new wars.

I saw one Iowa poll, a state with excellent "GOP demographics" had 37% definitely voting for trump and 45% definitely voting against. That's a state he comfortably won last time.
  • Options
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^
    It’s as if he wanted to remind us all of yet another impeachable offense he is committing on a daily basis 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    "THE FIELD"
    Serious question.  Does anyone still really think he’s not finishing this term?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    OnWis97 said:
    Serious question. Does it not look things are trending that way? Where there's smoke, there's, what, barbecue?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Serious question. Does it not look things are trending that way? Where there's smoke, there's, what, barbecue?
    Yeah odd question after this week...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    edited March 2019
    I can't believe some of you guys think he won't finish this first term. Even if he was impeached by the house, he wouldn't get convicted in the Senate because they'd need like 20 Republican Senators to turn against him. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    I can't believe some of you guys think he won't finish this first term. Even if he was impeached by the house, he wouldn't get convicted in the Senate because they'd need like 20 Republican Senators to turn against him. 
    How many votes does he need to resign? 

Resignation is the likeliest outcome. However it depends on how fast these investigations wrap up—that’s the main variable regarding it happening within the next year or two. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Can a sitting President be prosecuted?  I didn't think so.  So, it would come down to impeachment then?  Yeah, a check to payoff a porn star isn't going to get one vote from the Republicans, and colluding with Russia on the release of Hilary's emails won't either.  Neither will undervaluing assets for estate transfer purposes.   I don't think anything known to date will get Trump impeached. 
  • Options
    Can a sitting President be prosecuted?  I didn't think so.  So, it would come down to impeachment then?  Yeah, a check to payoff a porn star isn't going to get one vote from the Republicans, and colluding with Russia on the release of Hilary's emails won't either.  Neither will undervaluing assets for estate transfer purposes.   I don't think anything known to date will get Trump impeached. 
    A sitting president can be indicted. Or they could issue a sealed indictment that could be waiting for him when he leaves office— and offer him a deal of either resigning and have it go away or face the music when he leaves office. One can imagine a similar deal for one of his children. 

“I am in constant contact with the SDNY” regarding ONGOING criminal investigations. 

There is is so much happening, it’s easy to lose track of the important stuff. This was a huge week. 

chinese-happy.jpg