Options

***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    jeffbr said:
    I heard David Jolly make the argument for impeachment RIGHT NOW. Fuck waiting on subpoenas and going to court over executive privileged and all the other stuff Trump will do to slow the process up. There are plenty of things to impeach him on right now. They can have everything wrapped up by Memorial Day. Get everyone to vote on the record. Then you can move on and not have it drag on into the election cycle...
    I was about to comment that I think it would drag on into the election cycle, until I looked up that, regarding Clinton, the House initiated impeachment proceedings in December 1998, and he was acquitted in the Senate on February 12, 1999. Mind you, there'd be more layers to peel with Trump than there was with Clinton, so a Trump Senate trial would probably take longer. 

I know a lot of you disagree, but I think it'd be a horrible idea to impeach Trump because he won't be convicted in the Senate. Some seem to feel like "Who cares? He deserves to be impeached, so impeach him and let the chips fall where they may." Fair enough, but for those of you that are OBSESSED with seeing him brought down, a Senate acquittal in an impeachment trial will be looked at by the vast majority of the electorate as another failed attempt at bringing him down. Evidence of collusion per the Mueller report? Nope. Evidence of obstruction of justice? Close...but no cigar. Throw in an impeachment that doesn't lead to a conviction, and god help us, HE might start looking like a victim to undecided voters that don't follow this stuff closely (or at all). 
    The problem is, he already is that martyr to some. Look at this 24 year veteran of the FBI and head of a security firm who uses incendiary language to pop off with deep state conspiracy theories and unfounded theories to decide that there was absolutely nothing, nada, zip in the Mueller report in terms of collusion, and that the Mueller team shouldn't have even started looking into obstruction except that they are out to get Trump. And thank goodness, according to this guy, that AG Barr is doing what he does and standing strong. What a pile of manure:
    www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/the-mueller-report-concludes-it-was-not-needed/ar-BBW8iPl

Anyway, it isn't just about sticking it to Trump. I want to stick it to the GOP in the Senate who continue to enable Trump and avoid doing their actual job of oversight. I want each of those assholes on record in an impeachment vote, and have that vote used against them in the 2020 elections if their seat is up.
    anyone know how the senators in the Clinton impeachment era fared after voting not guilty?
    Good question. Not sure. I do think the issues at hand this time around are FAR more serious than what took place 20 years ago though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    jeffbr said:
    I heard David Jolly make the argument for impeachment RIGHT NOW. Fuck waiting on subpoenas and going to court over executive privileged and all the other stuff Trump will do to slow the process up. There are plenty of things to impeach him on right now. They can have everything wrapped up by Memorial Day. Get everyone to vote on the record. Then you can move on and not have it drag on into the election cycle...
    I was about to comment that I think it would drag on into the election cycle, until I looked up that, regarding Clinton, the House initiated impeachment proceedings in December 1998, and he was acquitted in the Senate on February 12, 1999. Mind you, there'd be more layers to peel with Trump than there was with Clinton, so a Trump Senate trial would probably take longer. 

I know a lot of you disagree, but I think it'd be a horrible idea to impeach Trump because he won't be convicted in the Senate. Some seem to feel like "Who cares? He deserves to be impeached, so impeach him and let the chips fall where they may." Fair enough, but for those of you that are OBSESSED with seeing him brought down, a Senate acquittal in an impeachment trial will be looked at by the vast majority of the electorate as another failed attempt at bringing him down. Evidence of collusion per the Mueller report? Nope. Evidence of obstruction of justice? Close...but no cigar. Throw in an impeachment that doesn't lead to a conviction, and god help us, HE might start looking like a victim to undecided voters that don't follow this stuff closely (or at all). 
    The problem is, he already is that martyr to some. Look at this 24 year veteran of the FBI and head of a security firm who uses incendiary language to pop off with deep state conspiracy theories and unfounded theories to decide that there was absolutely nothing, nada, zip in the Mueller report in terms of collusion, and that the Mueller team shouldn't have even started looking into obstruction except that they are out to get Trump. And thank goodness, according to this guy, that AG Barr is doing what he does and standing strong. What a pile of manure:
    www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/the-mueller-report-concludes-it-was-not-needed/ar-BBW8iPl

Anyway, it isn't just about sticking it to Trump. I want to stick it to the GOP in the Senate who continue to enable Trump and avoid doing their actual job of oversight. I want each of those assholes on record in an impeachment vote, and have that vote used against them in the 2020 elections if their seat is up.
    Well one thing's for sure, a Trump impeachment would definitely be some quality political theater, which I'd be for. Politics is just show business for ugly people anyway. It'd be nice to see them actually put on an entertaining show. Their last attempt at a production (Kavanaugh's confirmation) wasn't very good.  
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    jeffbr said:

anyone know how the senators in the Clinton impeachment era fared after voting not guilty?
    Good question. Not sure. I do think the issues at hand this time around are FAR more serious than what took place 20 years ago though. 
    Exactly. Since the issues were completely different, and the level of deceit and criminality completely different, and the harm being caused completely different, it would probably be hard to draw meaningful conclusions.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298

No you’re wrong most of don’t want him to be impeached just to impeach! This is about following the rule of law period ! Screw the folks who are to stupid to realize there’s a criminal as our president ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    jeffbr said:

well absolutely. but people who are concerned there could be great political fallout if he were not to be convicted in the senate are basing it on what exactly? just a hunch? or actual stats of how those democrat senators fared after voting not guilty. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited April 2019

No you’re wrong most of don’t want him to be impeached just to impeach! This is about following the rule of law period ! Screw the folks who are to stupid to realize there’s a criminal as our president ...
    I said that people think "He deserves to be impeached, so impeach him and let the chips fall where they may." And the reason people think he deserves to be impeached is because he doesn't follow the rule of law. So I'm not wrong. I didn't say "impeach just to impeach." 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    jeffbr said:

well absolutely. but people who are concerned there could be great political fallout if he were not to be convicted in the senate are basing it on what exactly? just a hunch? or actual stats of how those democrat senators fared after voting not guilty. 
    I don't know. In addition to the reasons for impeachment being apples and oranges, the other difference between now and then is Clinton was immensely more popular than Trump was. His approval rating in his second term, when the impeachment happened, was always in the 50's and 60's. We all know Trump has never gotten anywhere near those numbers. New numbers since the report came out have him below 40% again too...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I said that people think "He deserves to be impeached, so impeach him and let the chips fall where they may." And the reason people think he deserves to be impeached is because he doesn't follow the rule of law. So I'm not wrong. I didn't say "impeach just to impeach." 
    I stand corrected , carry on 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,605
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,011
    edited April 2019
    Everybody who doesn't get it, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMBj_tU7HRU
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

If only we all "got it" like you. Did you have to prop yourself up and push us all down to share a comedy link? 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

If only we all "got it" like you. Did you have to prop yourself up and push us all down to share a comedy link? 
    What do you mean push "all" down?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Great stuff.
  • Options
    Deutsche Bank has started turning over Team Trump Treason’s banking records to NY State AG.

“There was no collusion.”
    ”I don’t know any Russians.”
    ”I have nothing to hide.”
    ”I’ll sit down and talk to anyone.”
    ”We do everything by the book.”
    “Only the guilty plea the fifth.”
    “Very legal, very cool.”
    “Fully exonerated.”

Follow the money, from Russia with love and a PTape, all the way to impeachment.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    What are the dems waiting for? The repubs held a recess impeachment and didn’t even hold investigation hearings. Bok bok bok bok!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Just some updated polling numbers.  Only 37% of Americans want to start impeachment proceedings
    which is a slight dip since last month. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just some updated polling numbers.  Only 37% of Americans want to start impeachment proceedings
    What were the numbers when they started going at it with Nixon?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    From the same poll, which has his overall approval at an abysmal 39% right now:

9. From what you’ve heard or read about it, do you think the Mueller investigation cleared Trump of all wrongdoing, or did it not clear him of all wrongdoing?
    Cleared Trump- 31%
    Did Not Clear Trump- 53%
    No Opinion 16%

Even Nancy Pelosi is saying no to impeachment right now.

But it seems to me that the public thinks Trump is not cleared. So this tells me congress needs to investigate, issue subpoenas, and hold public hearings....all of which can very likely lead to impeachment. 

Edit--and overall approval number on 538 is down 1% since report came out last week. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Nixon's numbers did not start to turn until after the tapes surfaced.....after congress subpoena'd them. So maybe a good comparison to present day would be if/when McGahan testifies? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    But like some pundit said - She/they may say that, but having Mcgahan and Mueller etc testify is de facto the first steps of an impeachment procedure/case. 
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited April 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    @mcgruff10 Keep in mind that some of us are older than early 40's - small print - eyes - not good. And I started wearing glasses in 3rd grade so I can't see shit anymore. You'll understand soon. :smile:

@Spiritual_Chaos I have no idea what the Nixon numbers were - I didn't google, don't know if there was polling. There was a lot of support for Nixon though until they started having hearings and the country started hearing the people who worked for the President speaking about what was going on, that changed the national view and the Republican view (they still had patriotism back then). 

vv So this makes a lot of sense to me and I am in complete agreement vv - 

But it seems to me that the public thinks Trump is not cleared. So this tells me congress needs to investigate, issue subpoenas, and hold public hearings....all of which can very likely lead to impeachment. 

Edit--and overall approval number on 538 is down 1% since report came out last week. 
    Had to keep Juggler's edit  since it's 'the new thing' - I had to edit this 4 times so I stand corrected about editing. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @mcgruff10 Keep in mind that some of us are older than early 40's - small print - eyes - not good. And I started wearing glasses in 3rd grade so I can't see shit anymore. You'll understand soon. :smile:

@Spiritual_Chaos I have no idea what the Nixon numbers were - I didn't google, don't know if there was polling. There was a lot of support for Nixon though until they started having hearings and the country started hearing the people who worked for the President speaking about what was going on, that changed the national view and the Republican view (they still had patriotism back then). 

9. From what you’ve heard or read about it, do you think the Mueller investigation cleared Trump of all wrongdoing, or did it not clear him of all wrongdoing?
    Cleared Trump- 31%
    Did Not Clear Trump- 53%
    No Opinion 16%

Right click and "open image in new tab" and it will be free from the forums size restrictions. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Cleared Trump- 31%
    Did Not Clear Trump- 53%
    No Opinion 16%

Right click and "open image in new tab" and it will be free from the forums size restrictions. 
    My eyes thank you. Just did it - I could actually see and read. Awesome!
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Cleared Trump- 31%
    Did Not Clear Trump- 53%
    No Opinion 16%

Not to be that guy -- but you just "completely rewrote" your post by adding that last sentence. :P
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Cleared Trump- 31%
    Did Not Clear Trump- 53%
    No Opinion 16%

Not to be that guy -- but you just "completely rewrote" your post by adding that last sentence. :P
    Yes, I certainly did!  I'm a quick learner. I can keep up with you millenials. I never got a participation trophy, so I"m scrappy.  

But you WERE 'that guy' , so just embrace it. I wasn't offended in the least. :lol:
  • Options
    So Rosenstein was also playing both sides what a creep wtf is there any one in the DOJ that’s honest lol damn ..
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Had to keep Juggler's edit  since it's 'the new thing' - I had to edit this 4 times so I stand corrected about editing. 
    You guys kill me :lol: 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Funny moment in the show, when the "warm and fuzzy" woman and the "buttoned-down-Saturday-Night-Fever" dude have fun between themselves over the "right winged tax-hater":s way of saying Sanders (Saaaanders).

Haha. Cute moment.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on