Options

Time to play Evil Little Goat at wrigley

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
After All the curse stories about the damn goat, it is Time Pearl Jam played Goat to lift the curse Once and for all. Now they have brought a goat or two on field in the past, but they forgot they need one for every year of the curse, so 18 thousand people bringing that goat to Wrigley in song, should be more than enough.

She was an Evil Little Goat...

Comments

• Options
    for those who do not know, this is actually a real thing I am referring to (if you believe in curses that is)

http://www.billygoattavern.com/legend/curse/
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    edited August 2016
    At first glance no... Full read, yes kinda makes sense lol
    Post edited by SomethingCreative on
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this. Our Cubs are playing well. Better than well. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • Options
    Until they win something called a World Series, it is broke. Ask Seattle how the best record ever for a team is with no ring? They are a trivia question, not a champion. Get that goat on the field and let 18 k sing it
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    Didn't want to say the WS word... it's bad luck.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    not even a real song. more like a fuckaround. but hey, nothing would surprise me these days. not after angel was unretired.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    hrd2imgn said:

Until they win something called a World Series, it is broke. Ask Seattle how the best record ever for a team is with no ring? They are a trivia question, not a champion. Get that goat on the field and let 18 k sing it

Seattle does not have the best record ever. That belongs to the 1906 Cubs (116-36). They lost the World Series to the White Sox that year, but went on to win the next two against the Tigers.

Regardless, I don't want anything to do with a damn goat at Wrigley Field. They've already tried bringing goats back into the stadium in '98 (swept by the Braves in Divisional round) and '03 (fuck Alex Gonzalez). There's not such thing as a damn billy goat curse. The only thing that has kept the Cubs from winning the World Series is playing bad baseball at the right time.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this. Our Cubs are playing well. Better than well. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Agreed. Enough with the curses and superstitions. Just play ball and whatever happens on the field happens.
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Tried this a couple of weeks ago and got very little love: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/257153/evil-little-goat-wrigley-8-20#latest

That said, I love the idea...even partially or as a bit of a laugh.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    hrd2imgn said:

After All the curse stories about the damn goat, it is Time Pearl Jam played Goat to lift the curse Once and for all. Now they have brought a goat or two on field in the past, but they forgot they need one for every year of the curse, so 18 thousand people bringing that goat to Wrigley in song, should be more than enough.

Wait, are you sure that if they play it that it wouldn't prolong the curse?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    hrd2imgn said:

I came on here to say "no...I like some 'out there songs, but this one's pretty lame.'" But I was not putting 2 and 2 together on the Curse of the Billy Goat (of which I have heard). Now that I see your explanation; yes! And followed up with "All the Way."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    That remind me the epic thread im little drunk so what...poor little angry sheep...dont go on me
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Goat into all the way, I like that idea way better, make it one song.

Those prior goat gimmicks were half assed publicity stunts, we need to mean it to remove a curse. Those other cub teams were not nearly as good as this one.

I was talking about best modern era game record where they play the amount of games we currently do, 162, not winning percentages

I would rather hear several songs over Goat, don't get me wrong, but playing Goat would be an added fun venue related thing
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on