Options

'Why Go' @ MLB Home Run Derby

rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
Anyone else just catch 'Why Go' during the Home Run Derby? Had a nice loud buzzer sound over the f-bomb to keep it family friendly. Pretty cool to hear!

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Yep! Very cool. Stanton killed it.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    edited July 2016
    I love how ESPN gives a lot of love to PJ in general. Really cool to see Why Go played at the home run derby in San Diego. (One of Eddie's hometowns) Congrats to Stanton, an absolute beast. Glad to have him here in Miami.
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • Options
    Yeah, the anchors make several references. Watching NHL games is almost like being at a PJ show, you're sure to get 2 or 3 clips. And if it's a Blackhawks game, probably 8 or 9.
    P.S. Ray... Go Noles!
  • Options
    rbhester said:

Yeah, the anchors make several references. Watching NHL games is almost like being at a PJ show, you're sure to get 2 or 3 clips. And if it's a Blackhawks game, probably 8 or 9.
    P.S. Ray... Go Noles!

:lol: Now that we got Richt running the show, let's see if we can make this a rivalry again! Hoping for him to bring us back to the top again.
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,751
    I'm pretty sure Trumbo was using PJ during his at bats
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:

rbhester said:

P.S. Ray... Go Noles!

:lol: Now that we got Richt running the show, let's see if we can make this a rivalry again! Hoping for him to bring us back to the top again.
    He's has to be better than your previous pair of coaches! Plus he's a FSU product, that should help :)
  • Options
    rbhester said:

Ray J. T. said:

rbhester said:

P.S. Ray... Go Noles!

He's has to be better than your previous pair of coaches! Plus he's a FSU product, that should help :)
    But lets not forget where he originally stems from. His alma mater is the U!

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    Ray J. T. said:

rbhester said:

P.S. Ray... Go Noles!

I think UM will be right back up there with Richt. I was hoping he was going to come back to FSU as an OC, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. I used to work with Richt's mom at a bank years ago. Brad Johnson would come in every once in awhile - this was toward the end of his NFL career
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan said:

Ray J. T. said:

rbhester said:

P.S. Ray... Go Noles!

I think UM will be right back up there with Richt. I was hoping he was going to come back to FSU as an OC, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. I used to work with Richt's mom at a bank years ago. Brad Johnson would come in every once in awhile - this was toward the end of his NFL career
    That is pretty cool. I bet you got to hear a lot of stories about Mark. But yea, no way he passes up a chance to come coach for his Alma Mater. You guys already enjoyed his services in Tallahassee. Its our turn now. :lol:
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:

rbhester said:

Ray J. T. said:

rbhester said:

P.S. Ray... Go Noles!

Yes sir, I was referring to his coaching skills. He seemed to soften a bit at UGA, maybe being back in the Sunshine State will bring back some of the cutthroat style he had as OC @ FSU. I've spoken with him a few times through FSU/UGA events and what not, he's a stand up dude. I'd love to see this rivalry what is was again, although I haven't been totally upset with the recent results due to my allegiance.
  • Options
    rbhester said:

Ray J. T. said:

rbhester said:

Ray J. T. said:

rbhester said:

P.S. Ray... Go Noles!

Yes sir, I was referring to his coaching skills. He seemed to soften a bit at UGA, maybe being back in the Sunshine State will bring back some of the cutthroat style he had as OC @ FSU. I've spoken with him a few times through FSU/UGA events and what not, he's a stand up dude. I'd love to see this rivalry what is was again, although I haven't been totally upset with the recent results due to my allegiance.
    Couldn't agree more. This rivalry is one that can be compared to the likes of Michigan and Ohio state, just an all out dog fight, regardless of how either team is performing throughout the regular season. These are the games that are always circled in red on the calendar.