Soundscan Data (Lightning Bolt) Available at Belmont University's Bunch Library in Nashville

Many of us have been wondering for the last year or two whether Lightning Bolt is close to selling 500,000 copies in the United States and attaining gold sales status in this country. Unfortunately, hardly anyone has access to the Soundscan data, since a Soundscan subscription is expensive and so few places have one. I recently learned, however, that the Bunch Library at Belmont University in Nashville has a dedicated Soundscan research terminal where such data can be quickly and easily obtained. It appears to be the only library in the country with such access due to their unique degree programs in music business. Anyway, I thought maybe an avid Pearl Jam fan headed to this weekend's Bonnaroo music festival, which is about an hour outside of Nashville, might be willing to look up the current Lightning Bolt sales. That would finally enable many of us to stop speculating. I know I'd check it out if I were in Nashville, but I'm more than 1,000 miles away in Texas, so it's not really an option for me. I'll keep my fingers crossed!