Options

In Praise of Ten Club and Capital Tickets

NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
I slept less than five hours last night and just got into work after driving back to Toronto from Brockville - so if some of this is nonsensical, there are your reasons. ;)

I have an uncommon name that's comprised of two common first names, one of which has an "s" added at the end. Last night I discovered that someone else in the fan club has the exact same name, minus that added "s." And I also discovered that that person was in Ottawa--because he arrived at the venue before I did, and the box office gave him my tickets. Shit happens, right? I was puzzled when I saw what I assumed was a fan club number printed on the envelope, because it was nowhere near what mine is. The number on "my" envelope was in the high-400xxx. Mine's 193xxx. And the seats I was "given" last night weren't great. I mean, compared to what I would've gotten in the public on-sale they were, but...yeah. First-world problems, I know. :)

I'm not sure whether it was Ten Club or Capital Tickets or a combination of both who came through in the clutch--so let's divide the credit. I realize it must've sounded ridiculous to be complaining that my really good fan club tickets weren't as good as they should've been--but the box office's handling of the situation was exemplary. I emailed Ten Club as soon as I figured out what had happened; they emailed back almost immediately, saying they'd remedy the situation. In the end, I wound up with essentially the same seats I should've had in the first place, but on Mike's side instead of Stone's side. AND, as an added bonus, the guy with pretty much the same name as me got to see the show from seats that were way better than the ones he should've had! :)

I know Ten Club takes a bit of a beating on here sometimes; moreover, as a Leafs fan, I'm loathe to compliment anything associated with the Ottawa Senators. But both the Ten Club and Capital Tickets came through for me big time yesterday, and helped make the night even more awesome. Thanks to them both!
Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Glad to hear this worked out for you!!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823

Glad to hear this worked out for you!!

Honestly, I felt like such an utter prat complaining about it...but I also know that people here understand where I'm coming from ;)
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Yeah, I am a 400+k# so I know the tickets are good, but that my buddies with much lower #s get great seats. I would have asked about it as well. Granted, if it didnt work out I would have enjoyed the show anyway, but I surely would have questioned.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,183
    Thanks for sharing the good news. Nice to see positive stories here. 10C always looks out for fan club members and I'm grateful for the seats I've received too.
    There's someone in 10C with the exact same name as me and he often attends the same shows I do. I've often thought what would happen if...
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Ten club is awesome :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ajflickerajflicker Canada Posts: 166
    My 10c #535xxx got me Sec A, Row 4 on the floor. My wife was disappointed cause it was her first PJ show and is too short to see on floor. Luckily we met up with an awesome PJ fan who had sec 118 10c seats and was willing to trade for my floors. My wife was able to see it all and rock out. PJ fans are the best. Always trying to help each other out.