Options

ED IT'S TIME TO MAKE TORONTO SPECIAL

foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
with 2 shows coming up it is time to do something special here like what happens in philadelphia or say new york. time to play more rarities and even an album like RIOT ACT. maybe back to back shows with very few or no repeat songs like in 03 at the dte center in michigan. toronto has supported and loved this band with sellouts of tickets since day 1. in the nicest way i can say please show us that we are deserving of a special show too. as a side note i was again very impressed by the compassion and caring of this band in quebec city the other night. the reference to valerie was very touching . as well bringing a 10 year old where this music has really helped him, onto stage to be with his heroes was truly great. in sports when great stars are commented on about their play and the announcers will say as good as their play was they are even better people. this is the case here as well.

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,714
    foodboy said:

with 2 shows coming up it is time to do something special here like what happens in philadelphia or say new york. time to play more rarities and even an album like RIOT ACT. maybe back to back shows with very few or no repeat songs like in 03 at the dte center in michigan. toronto has supported and loved this band with sellouts of tickets since day 1. in the nicest way i can say please show us that we are deserving of a special show too. as a side note i was again very impressed by the compassion and caring of this band in quebec city the other night. the reference to valerie was very touching . as well bringing a 10 year old where this music has really helped him, onto stage to be with his heroes was truly great. in sports when great stars are commented on about their play and the announcers will say as good as their play was they are even better people. this is the case here as well.

Uh oh---- I could sense some disappointment coming.
  • Options
    don't care . i have to say what i have to say. its from a musicologist point of view. i will say it again . ED ITS TIME. NO MORE POLITE CANADIAN HERE EH! MAKE IT RIGHT. GET RIGHT , MAKE IT SPECIAL. THANK YOU.
  • Options
    UndrakanUndrakan Donostia - San Sebastian Posts: 113
    I wasn't there, but both Toronto "11 bootlegs are amazing!!
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,997
    There have been some amazing Toronto shows. '09 preset, '11 Chloe>chrown of thorns, Neil special guest on RITFW, 06 night 2 is a hugely underrated show. Nothing to "make right" here, just enjoy the shows - they'll be great!
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    My only show this tour will be Toronto 1. Looking forward to it, as I missed both nights in 2011. I'm sure it will be special in its own way.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Toronto 11/09/11: Nothingman - Better Man -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4U7lxwsLJQ
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    pj. thanks for keeping toronto shows special
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I have been to the Toronto shows the last three times they have played there. I drive up from New Jersey. Always special. Always different. No need to pressure the band this time around. You have been shown consistent respect and musical diversity by the band. Your attitude will not cause the band to decide to up the ante this time around. You are coming off sounding like they owe you something. Were you there in 09 when each member of the band played a special preset due to a problem with the opening band? Did you catch Uncle Neil there in 11'?.Did you notice Ed change the lyric in Long Road on 9/11/11 to "Neil walks the long road" in the first song as a hint that he would play later. Weren't you the first city in the world to hear Chloe Dancer before Crown of Thorns in 11'? Some of my best PJ memories are from Toronto. Your shows will kill. Just go and rock out. I would be there this year but have a work obligation I can't get out of. Have a great time....and toss out your list of demands.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,942
    What, Toronto hasn't been special?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvtdbfI1sqQ

I think this attitude amongst Pearl Jam fans, the attitude of a stellar show not being enough is pretty toxic to be honest.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    thats not what i mean
  • Options
    just my opinion. there is no album to promote. i stand by my opinion. just like play more albums. it is just my opinion, you don't have to agree
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    These are only shows #5 and #6 for me so I'll be pretty thrilled with whatever they decide to play. This said, they haven't played "Release" here since 2006, so...that'd be pretty special.

(Well, not really since they've only played three shows in Toronto since those two May 2006 shows.)
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 835
    They never came to Toronto to promote Lightning Bolt. I can see a Pendulum opener.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    mikesbri said:

They never came to Toronto to promote Lightning Bolt. I can see a Pendulum opener.

True...but Buffalo was close enough, no?
  • Options
    I'm thinking Sometimes will be played once over the next three nights....as I stated above, still hoping for Release in T.O. ...maybe right into Last Exit, STBC, NFY, ....????????
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    Is it necessary to ask PJ to make the Toronto shows special? Look at the past Toronto setlists. Your request sounds very selfish and greedy. "But that's just my opinion. You don't have to agree."
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    No disrespect to anyone, but to get a request to work you need a sad story, a kid involved, or several friends to cut up hotel sheets to dress up as ghosts.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

No disrespect to anyone, but to get a request to work you need a sad story, a kid involved, or several friends to cut up hotel sheets to dress up as ghosts.

My first name is Matt. I mention this because I was hemming and hawing about going to the 2014 Detroit show but in the end couldn't make it work...then during the opener (Release, of course) EV at one point sings "Oh Dear Matt can you see me now?"

...and I wasn't there!

So....is that story sad enough?

Hmmmm...this is the different sort of "sad," isn't it? I believe it's the pathetic sad.
  • Options
    rummy said:

My first name is Matt. I mention this because I was hemming and hawing about going to the 2014 Detroit show but in the end couldn't make it work...then during the opener (Release, of course) EV at one point sings "Oh Dear Matt can you see me now?"

...and I wasn't there!

Hmmmm...this is the different sort of "sad," isn't it? I believe it's the pathetic sad.
    This is the "call security if this person shows up to a concert" type of sad.

• Options
    I would like the entire front row to smoke pot during a show so I can finally hear "of the earth".
  • Options
    edited May 2016

rummy said:

...and I wasn't there!

This is the "call security if this person shows up to a concert" type of sad.

I'll be there...hopefully not caught in one of those half nelsons that bouncers like to put on people!

Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Make Toronto great again :lol:
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    I have a couple GREAT pairs for N1 for sale face value.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,942

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PJlivePJlive Earth Posts: 469
    Wow!
    9/1-9/2/2000 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    4/28/2003 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    5/3/2003 - Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
    7/5-7/6/2003 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    7/13/2003 - Hershey Park, Hershey, PA
    10/1/2004 - Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge, George, WA
    10/03/2005 - Wachovia Center, Phila, PA
    5/27-5/28/2006 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/16/2008 - Columbia, SC
    6/19-6/20/2008 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/24-6/25 - Madison Square Garden
    10/28-10/31/2008 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    9/22/2012 - MidTown, Atlanta, GA
    10/21-10/22 - Wells Fargo Center, Phila, PA
    10/30/2013 - Charlotte, NC
    04/21/2016 - Columbia, SC
  • Options

Hilarious.
  • Options
    rummy said:

...and I wasn't there!

Oh Matt..... The Detroit story will never get old. Lol
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    nicknyr15 said:

rummy said:

...and I wasn't there!

Oh Matt..... The Detroit story will never get old. Lol
    Hey, it was you who pointed the lyric out to me!!!!! :-)

...and yes, I believe it was directed at Matt Lukin (who was in attendance) and not me.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    dmaradona10dmaradona10 Posts: 897
    No pressure ED.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14