Options

The NYC Puker, also known as the "Jeremy Guy"

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    fuck cincy
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    That gesture in Quebec means fuck you. How the fuck those Quebecers came up with that is a mystery. It is rather strange indeed.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883

mcgruff10 said:

Speedy, besides the puke do you feel msg lived up to the hype?

I absolutely LOVED MSG1. Thought it was an amazing show and set. Sadly I couldn't go to msg2.

But MSG1 was absolutely my kind of setlist. The 1st 18 or so songs? That 1st set? Was the best set I have seen from any band at any show.

And I've seen a few bands in my time.
    Dude I totally agree with you!!!! I said to my wife that was the best first set I've ever seen! And like yourself i've seen a lot of shows.
    I just can't believe how amazing that first set was.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I absolutely LOVED MSG1. Thought it was an amazing show and set. Sadly I couldn't go to msg2.

But MSG1 was absolutely my kind of setlist. The 1st 18 or so songs? That 1st set? Was the best set I have seen from any band at any show.

Dude I totally agree with you!!!! I said to my wife that was the best first set I've ever seen! And like yourself i've seen a lot of shows.
    The 1st set was simply magical. That's all there is to it. It was the greatest band on the planet, at their very best.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

The 1st set was simply magical. That's all there is to it. It was the greatest band on the planet, at their very best.
    I absolutely loved the mix of songs. In hiding and I got shit?! Are you kidding me? !?!?! The crowd was going absolutely ape shit. Mccready was on a whole different level. You are totally right, simply put it was magical.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I absolutely loved the mix of songs. In hiding and I got shit?! Are you kidding me? !?!?! The crowd was going absolutely ape shit. Mccready was on a whole different level. You are totally right, simply put it was magical.
    And yes people will say there wasn't enough rarities. You do not need rarities to have a great show. MSG1 proved that.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

And yes people will say there wasn't enough rarities. You do not need rarities to have a great show. MSG1 proved that.
    So true bud!!!
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508

Damn so now we have the Boston puker & NY puker c'mon Canada step up your game !!

Canadians don't puke. I believe it's in their genes or some shit. Believe me I've drank my ass off with some.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

Damn so now we have the Boston puker & NY puker c'mon Canada step up your game !!

Canadians don't puke. I believe it's in their genes or some shit. Believe me I've drank my ass off with some.
    Incorrect. Just last weekend, in fact, my buddy barfed after going home. I know many pukers, we're just a little more polite aboot it.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Incorrect. Just last weekend, in fact, my buddy barfed after going home. I know many pukers, we're just a little more polite aboot it.

aboot =)

I've had only one time when nausea hit so hard it spewed through my hands held over my mouth before I could get to the toilet.

SUCKED.

(and clean-up was a bitch)

That was at home though, not a show. And it wasn't from drinking too much, just sick.

Funny, till now, it's never occurred to me to be thankful for not being puked on.

• Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508

The only way I'll believe you is if your buddy is 12 years old.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    OMG this is hilarious!!
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I agree Speedy. I think sometimes the really deep cuts or rarities can be cool, but they often bring the energy of the show way down. 90% of the people there don't know the lyrics or even the song, so the audience stops singing. The band is at their best when feeding off the crowd energy in my opinion, which means sing alongs etc.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639

So I have what seemed to be a nice enough couple sitting next to me at MSG1. My only conversation was when I apologized, about 5 songs in to the show for kind of taking up some of his space. I think we ended up with an extra person or 2 in our row, so it was kind of tight. He smiled and said "no problem", and all was good. As the show goes on, him and his wife make a few trips for beers, and seem to be having a good enough time. I never care how people enjoy their show. We are all different, Some people sing, some dance, some stand there quietly, some jump up and down, it doesn't matter, its your show, do it anyway you want to. The show goes on, and the gentleman is one of those who was just kind of standing there and seemed to be having a good enough time. Him and his wife proceed to make a couple more beer runs. The show goes on.
    The band breaks in to Jeremy, and all of a sudden the guy next to me just GOES NUTS! He starts singing at the top of his lungs, and knows every word to the song. I just giggle to myself. The guy next to me is 'THE JERMEY GUY!!!" But its all good, he knows the song, he obviously loves the song, so all the power to him. But yes, I have to admit I was giggling to myself.

About 3-4 songs later, is when everything took a turn for the worse for "The Jeremy Guy". I see him and his wife take off down the row, and I am guessing it is for another round of beers. On the way down the row it was either The Jeremy Guy or his wife who proceed to PUKE on 3-4 people in the row in front of us. UGHHH!!! Vomit is covering the chairs, and on the backs of 3-4 different people. One guy who got puked on turns around and just starts screaming and yelling, as anyone would. He is PISSED! As he is screaming and yelling, The Jeremy guy then takes his full beer and THROWS it on the guy he just puked on!!!

Not only did he puke on 4 people, but then he threw his beer at one of them!!!! HOLY FUCK! Now the guy who got puked on, then had a beer thrown on him, IS FUCKING LIVID! Yet, all he does is keep on screaming. If it were me, I would have been in jail, because the Jeremy guy would have been beaten to death.

Anyway, as the guy is screaming and yelling at "The Jeremy Guy" ....."The Jeremy Guy" proceeds to make one of the funniest exits I have ever seen. He is staring at the guy he just puked on, and threw a beer on....

And takes his hand and puts his thumb to his nose and wiggles his 4 fingers. Im sure there is a name for this gesture, but I don't know what it is. I am sure you all know what I am talking about. Put your thumb to the tip of your nose, and wiggle your 4 fingers.

That is my story of "The Jeremy Guy"

He puked on 4 people
    He then threw his beer at them
    Then he gave them the old "Thumb to the nose, and wiggle your fingers"
    Then he left the building.

Sorry Mr Dude, but I would have jacked that dude up
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    norm said:

fuck cincy

I don't give a rat's ass
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

WOW! :lol image ok that beats my almost losing my keys under the car story. what section was this in?

Were you able to get your keys back?
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

The only way I'll believe you is if your buddy is 12 years old.
    Nope. Late 30's. Wife and two kids with him. Wife drove. Not sure if the kids witnessed the act or not. Thank hell it didnt happen at my house.

Damn barfers.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options
  • Options
    Please stop with the puke pics.
    I just have a strange feeling it's going to get this thread deleted.
  • Options
    ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Indiana Dunes Posts: 205
    edited May 2016
    :rofl:
    Post edited by ham_on_rye on
  • Options

Please stop with the puke pics.
    I just have a strange feeling it's going to get this thread deleted.

sorry, I didn't know they would delete over something so mundane and comical, I got it
  • Options
    Chris519Chris519 Posts: 150
    I know it's a long shot, but I absolutely hope someone in the band in reading this thread
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    They've deleted over shit! But yeah, the thing that keeps puking is nasty as fuck.

Could move it to the AHHHH! thread.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

They've deleted over shit! But yeah, the thing that keeps puking is nasty as fuck.

Could move it to the AHHHH! thread.

I guess the PC police will never be happy, one of the reasons I left before
  • Options
    Also apparently they never saw Eddie drink Bile Beer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jMbkXEJeUM
  • Options
    AngryGregAngryGreg Posts: 70
    This is one of the funniest and most horrible things I have ever read. I love it and hate it all at the same time, but I laughed so hard I was crying.