Please lets get Leash in Wrigley 2016

Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
edited May 2016 in The Porch
The song I have been chasing for years. I need it to complete the VS album live. It seems I am constantly missing it by a couple of shows. They have given 3 epic performances thus far this tour. One of them being the entire album from top to bottom! Fortunate crowd to get that setlist and one helluva an evening. So with it done 3 times so far, I have some high hopes to get in Wrigley either night. That should hold me off on song chasing for a little while. Still a couple more I would like to scratch off the bucket list, but lets start by dropping the leash. 20+ years since its been played in Chicago. I think its due.
Post edited by Ray J. T. on

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I was going to wait until after this leg of the tour to make a permanent thread asking to play sonic reducer at Wrigley 1, you inspired me to start it today :)

Good luck with leash, I love that song! :)
  • angry_skullangry_skull Posts: 321
    I'll back this horse.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Raises hand
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    I support this message.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    Zod said:

I was going to wait until after this leg of the tour to make a permanent thread asking to play sonic reducer at Wrigley 1, you inspired me to start it today :)

Good luck with leash, I love that song! :)

Seems like you are chasing a much easier song than I am. We got a good chance for sonic reducer in Wrigley.
    just found out through Zods post. 107 days to go! lets give it a little bump.
  • rrebernrrebern Chicago Posts: 69
    Saw it at Philly 2, would love to catch it again at either Wrigley show!
    rrebern said:

Saw it at Philly 2, would love to catch it again at either Wrigley show!

Looks like it was an awesome performance as well. 20+ years since its been played in Chicago, and only played once there!
  • rrebernrrebern Chicago Posts: 69
    Yeah, then we gotta keep this campaign going!
    rrebern said:

Yeah, then we gotta keep this campaign going!

Getting some love. 106 days to go!
    https://youtu.be/n-Ns12uH1U8

Its amazing the amount of energy this song sparks.
  • toyacoyahtoyacoyah Posts: 13
    Troubled souls unite
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    I am in full support of this movement.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    toyacoyah said:

Troubled souls unite

We got ourselves tonight!
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    Fortunate to get this in Greenville. Lets get the Leash and Avocado played at either Wrigley show
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

Fortunate to get this in Greenville. Lets get the Leash and Avocado played at either Wrigley show

That will work for me.
  • Uncle SnuffyUncle Snuffy Posts: 950
    Twenty five shows and I too am chasing Leash. One of my favorites on Vs. Would be epic if they "dropped" it at Wrigley!

Hoping for the best and fingers crossed!

- Uncle Snuffy
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    We were chasing Leash for a bit and finally got it in Denver 2014. When it first started my wife and looked at each other and just screamed, the people around us thought we had too many edibles. We've now been fortunate enough to get this a few more times since then but would love to get this at Wrigley.
    NYPJ
    edited May 2016

Twenty five shows and I too am chasing Leash. One of my favorites on Vs. Would be epic if they "dropped" it at Wrigley!

Hoping for the best and fingers crossed!

- Uncle Snuffy

Hopefully we can both scratch it off of our bucket list this year in Wrigley. I will definitely be keeping this thread fresh as we get closer to the date. I am sure Ed would love to see the billy goats LEASH and its curse get dropped. I know Theo Epstein would fucking love that. Maybe its what needs to be done to reverse the curse. Just drop the Billy Goats LEASH. Lol. And its the last song I need to complete VS live.
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
    https://youtu.be/1lSrwWAgg4g

The amount of energy created after a drought to this song was absolutely amazing.
  • offhegoes32offhegoes32 Posts: 407
    Good idea... Wrigley 1 will be my 18th show, Leash is definitely in my top 5 songs I've never seen yet. I can picture the majority of the crowd going nuts for this one.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.

Good idea... Wrigley 1 will be my 18th show, Leash is definitely in my top 5 songs I've never seen yet. I can picture the majority of the crowd going nuts for this one.

You and I both. You can count on me losing my mind for it. Lol.
    wall232 said:

We were chasing Leash for a bit and finally got it in Denver 2014. When it first started my wife and looked at each other and just screamed, the people around us thought we had too many edibles. We've now been fortunate enough to get this a few more times since then but would love to get this at Wrigley.

I sure hope so bud. You have been fortunate enough to catch it again after your first. I am just hoping for one right now.
    Now I just need to Big Bank Hank to give me some support on this. Seems good things happen on some of the things that he co signs on. Lol.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    They could play it at every show and I wouldn't mind. The same with Breath.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    know1 said:

They could play it at every show and I wouldn't mind. The same with Breath.

Absolutely Breath is also fucking amazing, been blessed with that one a couple of times. Now I just need to experience Leash live too.
    https://youtu.be/3hFCpddo5F4

I challenge anyone to keep their composure when this drops!
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Favorite song since it came out, and I was 13. Got lucky enough to see it based on picking some random city to go to this tour (Greenville). I like the Cubs references in this thread..... We definitely needed to let go of that leash (this might be the year). Would it be too much to ask to have Ed follow that up with All the Way?
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
    Gtilley8 said:

Favorite song since it came out, and I was 13. Got lucky enough to see it based on picking some random city to go to this tour (Greenville). I like the Cubs references in this thread..... We definitely needed to let go of that leash (this might be the year). Would it be too much to ask to have Ed follow that up with All the Way?

First off I completely envy the fact that you got the Greenville show! (Extremely envious of all those who attended) All of VS holy shit, congrats. One of the best albums of all time. Of all of the full album shows ever played, that one would be the one I want to see most. And I will gladly take Leash followed by All the Way for Ed's cubs. I will start a thread for dropping the billy goat's Leash for the cubs as we get closer to the date. Hopefully they will see it and like the idea, and follow it with All the Way which will 100% get played that weekend.
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Ray J. T. said:

Gtilley8 said:

First off I completely envy the fact that you got the Greenville show! (Extremely envious of all those who attended) All of VS holy shit, congrats. One of the best albums of all time. Of all of the full album shows ever played, that one would be the one I want to see most. And I will gladly take Leash followed by All the Way for Ed's cubs. I will start a thread for dropping the billy goat's Leash for the cubs as we get closer to the date. Hopefully they will see it and like the idea, and follow it with All the Way which will 100% get played that weekend.
    I hope we get to see it. Going to both nights.

I feel real fortunate to have been at Greenville. Took me back to watching the MTV music awards hoping to see a song off Ten, then they start playing this unheard song called Animal - made me a fan for life - bringing out Neil Young.

I'll be hanging in Wrigleyville that entire weekend. Message me if you're in the area - I'll buy you a beer .
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045