Options

Request PJ please play what ever you want !!!

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
jesus greets me looks just like me ....

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143

You and I rock. The inevitable play what you want and is the band over thread(s).
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

You and I rock. The inevitable play what you want and is the band over thread(s).
    No doubt , these request in the past would show up for a couple of shows but now damn every single show has one ....
  • Options
    PixeltenderPixeltender nyc Posts: 73
    i assumed they chose their setlists based on our post histories
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827
  • Options
    demetrios said:

nice lol ...I need Ed to say this lol
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    demetrios said:

agree. they've gotten out of control.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I say play it but no need to talk about why they are playing it.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    seems to be getting a little silly....

Just off to start my new thread:
    Please play HEY FOXYMOPHANDLEMAMA THATS ME in Turkmenistan please
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    PixeltenderPixeltender nyc Posts: 73

seems to be getting a little silly....

Just off to start my new thread:
    Please play HEY FOXYMOPHANDLEMAMA THATS ME in Turkmenistan please

I'm hoping to hear them cover some Taylor Swift or Beethoven
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    Since people were dressed as ghosts, Is it cool if I dress up as a red mosquito in order to get that song played?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    senoiachucksenoiachuck Posts: 106
    Good idea.
  • Options
    GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362
    Play Bugs in Boise!! it's for Mark! it's his birthday and he's sick and he just had a baby who will be in the pit asking for a tamborine and some picks! Just mike picks though. no stone picks please.

and oh yeah.....he wants to come up on stage and sing ritfw.

it's out of control
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,145
    its all about the vibe of a show rather than what they play

less selfies, self absorbed asshats, and people breaking out their ipads in front of my face is always a good start

Sure there is always 1-3,4 songs I'd like to hear....but a solid performance DRUMPFS THAT

• Options
    I have no problems with requests on a message board but in all seriousness, leave the damn signs home and please don't dress up as a god damn song title at a show.
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    GP179117 said:

Play Bugs in Boise!! it's for Mark! it's his birthday and he's sick and he just had a baby who will be in the pit asking for a tamborine and some picks! Just mike picks though. no stone picks please.

and oh yeah.....he wants to come up on stage and sing ritfw.

it's out of control

This is great. And true.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited April 2016
    im going to be honest...I have NEVER requested anything from this band on any tour, BUT im going to be at a show on my actual birthday in Lexington and ill be damned if I don't want to hear at least 2 songs!!!! only thing better is if it was a hometown show on my actual birthday...this my friends will never happen again in my lifetime :joy:

so on that note gimme some RED MOSQUITO and AMONGST THE WAVES!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    Awesome Jose!
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Woo Hoo!!
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    I thought about doing this too on here lol! There are just too many request threads in The Porch
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    The band plays whatever they want, if they do requests it's because they want to honor that, and most requests never get played...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Reminds me of Ed talking about requests in Hartford. He said it's like sleeping over someones house and then asking them to make you pancakes for breakfast....Wish i could find the quote, it was pretty freakin funny :-)
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Band knows how to make happy their fans..one way is play requests..
    Some fans get happy with music and song and live concerts.. and other with stickers ,posters and 32 different color vinyl..its a free world!!

Love is deep..dig it out!!!!!!..he fuckin dig it!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I have no problems with requests on a message board but in all seriousness, leave the damn signs home and please don't dress up as a god damn song title at a show.

respectfully, i disagree. i've seen a lot of things, but the Ghost was very fucking cool. and it's not like that was a 'new' request. signs on the rail, below point of view for most, no issue at all. my friend Linda is a pretty fucking amazing artist, and she can do more with crayola markers than anyone i've ever met. while i don't have a real issue with song requests on the boards; i think its become overly excessive recently. but, like they say, opinions are like...
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    Oh why not just let people dream out loud around here? They band is gonna play whatever they want anyway so what does it hurt for someone to share a little wish and maybe why a song means something to them? I enjoyed my little RiotJax thread and I don't see how that bothered anybody. Why the fuck can't we all just try to be a little bit less snarky and a little bit kinder... Especially here??
  • Options
    whofeelslikeadrankwhofeelslikeadrank Posts: 2,702
    edited April 2016
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

respectfully, i disagree. i've seen a lot of things, but the Ghost was very fucking cool. and it's not like that was a 'new' request. signs on the rail, below point of view for most, no issue at all. my friend Linda is a pretty fucking amazing artist, and she can do more with crayola markers than anyone i've ever met. while i don't have a real issue with song requests on the boards; i think its become overly excessive recently. but, like they say, opinions are like...
    to me the "ghost" is just opening up a can of worms. are we now going to have little girls dress up as bees? young attractive women getting a cane and becoming "elderly"? red mosquito costumes worn by the masses and buzzing about?
    I can agree with you in regard to signs on the rail; if they aren't in anyone's way then no problem at all.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I think Dimi getting Ghost was AMAZING... that someone else actually WAS dressed as the ghost was freakin brilliant. Just as Epic as Play Leash You Pussies....The long run of those 2 requests is big history from a fan perspective.

Would I like the fans to make the experience over the top like Margaritaville? No...would I like to see someone dressed as a Red Mosquito? Sure, I would get a kick out of it. As long as he isn't in my way at the show! Would it be me? Hells no..But I would take a picture of it :lol:

Everyone has their own idea of what will make their show special. Camping out for rail, waiting in a merch line, getting a pick (tambourine etc...) It's all relative...just because I don't do it doesn't mean other people shouldn't.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,426
    The occasional fan interaction is great. But I'd hate to see shows devolve into some kind of rocky horror picture show of audience participation.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    So you guys don't think I should request Blood to be played in Lexington for my kidney stone that I had to have surgery to remove yesterday?? Damn, I really thought that they might play it... :lol:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    on2legs said:

The occasional fan interaction is great. But I'd hate to see shows devolve into some kind of rocky horror picture show of audience participation.

You hit the nail on the head bud.