Happy 26th Yield

Comments

• Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 542
    Amazing album and tour!!! Great woods in September!!!
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Like Zod said.  Yield did not have to grow on me
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    One of the best, most accessible albums. Easy to listen to without being shallow. Maybe one of my top listened to albums simply for the fact I don’t skip any songs 
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    mcgruff10 said:
    best album and tour ever.....aaah to go back in time to 1998 would be fucking awesome.
    This
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    My fav tour for sure.  
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Loved the record.  This is not even close to their best tour.  The switch to Matt derailed things a bit and made it much of a greatest hits tour as they got their feet under them on the fly.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

PB11041 said:
    Loved the record.  This is not even close to their best tour.  The switch to Matt derailed things a bit and made it much of a greatest hits tour as they got their feet under them on the fly.  
    I actually thought that Matt not knowing the songs brought a new rawness that made things really fresh.  
    Ed’s live voice was entering its prime.  Amazing tour
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PB11041 said:
    You are crazy. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    My favorite album of all time.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • The production of the record is fantastic.  Eds vocal effortles. It just sounds amazing 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
    My favorite album vocal performance by Eddie
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    HBD Yield!
    You're music is the gift that keeps on giving.
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Yield and No Code are always fighting for my favorite album spot 
    edited February 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    PB11041 said:
    You are crazy. 
    Memories are fun, but this tour is not their best in my mind.  People have rosy memories based on the fact that the band got out to more venues and there was more access.  These shows were good, they pale in comparison to 2000, 2003, 2005.  It is not even close the band was more proficient, together, interesting and dynamic on the tours through the early and mid 2000s.  
    Post edited by PB11041 on

PB11041 said:
    I actually thought that Matt not knowing the songs brought a new rawness that made things really fresh.  
    Fun tour.  Great to have more shows and better access.  Just not their best.  Not by a longshot.

• TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Fun tour.  Great to have more shows and better access.  Just not their best.  Not by a longshot.
    Whatchu talkin bout Willis????? Crazy talk! 
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Disagree! :lol:  those bootlegs still to this day kick more ass than the later ones. Songs played at the proper pace, great vocals, amazing setlists (first five albums).  

PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Disagree! :lol:  those bootlegs still to this day kick more ass than the later ones. Songs played at the proper pace, great vocals, amazing setlists (first five albums).  

Just doesn't do it for me.  Mike and Stone are just more technical and literal with their approach.  The shows are sound, but I prefer the more adventurous risk taking attempts at improvisation that occur on the handful of songs that they take in that direction.  It lends itself to more varied and nuanced runs on the tracks that are more concise as well.    Matt is just better and more versed in the catalog as time goes on as he is also writing music for the band versus sitting in to bridge a gap and ultimately I think this made Jeff a more interested and dynamic bass player having a drummer that was cerebral and a writer vs feel.

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited February 2019
    Would love to get more bootlegs from this tour.

While we are having good debates on albums/tours, I have still haven't been able to put No Code and Yield ahead of Vs and Vitalogy. Please keep in mind that I love all four albums but, to me, Jack's albums still rank a notch or two below Dave A's (although my rating probably has nothing to do with the drummer).

Maybe one day it'll all change for me. Until a year or so ago, I'd rank Ten as my #1 album by the band. For what ever reason, it's probably fallen down to 4th - or maybe 5th or even 6th (behind Binaural). But as much as I love most of the songs on Yield (the album that is the topic of interest in this thread), overall I still prefer the ones on Vs and Vitalogy. 
    rummy said:

While we are having good debates on albums/tours, I have still haven't been able to put No Code and Yield ahead of Vs and Vitalogy. Please keep in mind that I love all four albums but, to me, Jack's albums still rank a notch or two below Dave A's (although my rating probably has nothing to do with the drummer).

Maybe one day it'll all change for me. Until a year or so ago, I'd rank Ten as my #1 album by the band. For what ever reason, it's probably fallen down to 4th - or maybe 5th or even 6th (behind Binaural). But as much as I love most of the songs on Yield (the album that is the topic of interest in this thread), overall I still prefer the ones on Vs and Vitalogy. 
    You can’t go wrong with any of albums 1-5. All are amazing in their own way and it is impossible to pick the best one. Some days it is vs, other days no code. 
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited February 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:

You can’t go wrong with any of albums 1-5. All are amazing in their own way and it is impossible to pick the best one. Some days it is vs, other days no code. 
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're not much of a fan of Binaural, right?

Uh oh. I'm derailing the thread again!
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're not much of a fan of Binaural, right?

Uh oh. I'm derailing the thread again!
    It has grown on me but it isn’t even in the same league as the first five. Riot act is the one I still dislike a lot. 
    rummy said:

The shows worth seeking out from this tour (and this held true before the Vault releases)

6.30 Minneapolis (though the sound quality is a bit iffy)
    7.2 St. Louis (stellar sound and a great performance)
    7.14 LA (still puzzled why they went with night 1 for the Vault over this night)
    7.18 Portland (always felt this was best show of either leg)
    8.26 Cuyahoga Falls (particularly the main set)
    9.3 Birmingham (crazy good audience recording, best version of Porch between 1996 and 2000 tours, all shows, hands down)
    9.11 MSG 
    9.16 Great Woods Mass 

What about the outtakes?
    My ranking looks like this:
    1) Leatherman
    2) Whale Song
    3) Happy When I'm Crying
    4) U
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    Only PJ album to be released on my birthday, which was also my 19th . So I got to legally drink and a PJ album for my birthday,  pretty good day. 
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    Happy 22nd
    I miss igotid88
  • An amazing record. For me, quintessential Pearl Jam. Really a fine piece of work. My personal favorite.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147

I miss igotid88