For those of you who leave your vinyl sealed.....

I know this has been covered many times. But, I have recently been in a pattern of listening to PJ on vinyl only for the last month or so. It is incredible. For those of you that buy vinyl to keep it sealed hoping to profit from it, you are missing out. It's not worth it. Play the records, you will be happy you did. No Code, Yield and Binaural sound awesome, you will appreciate the songs that much more.

Comments

• ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    let the records play guys.

Just got my first PJ Vinyl for my b-day from my sister... LB

Fell in love with the album all over again.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • I don't even know where my vinyls are!!.. but I did get my wife a new needle and blew the dust off the turntable... going to bust out the old PJ VINYL asap....
    "Release will be played at my funeral"

10/27/91 Rochester, NY
    9/28/96 NY/NY
    9/23/98 West Palm, FL
    8/12/2000 Tampa, FL
    10/8/2004 Kissimmee, FL
    6/12/2008 Tampa, FL
    12/3/2012 Clearwater, FL *Eddie Vedder Solo
    4/11/2016 Tampa, FL
    4/13/2016 Jacksonville, FL
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Well, I have 2 copies of a limited edition, one colored one black.
    Supposedly, colored vinyl doesn't sound as good as black vinyl...what do I do?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Life's too short to not play records
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    coach pj said:

I know this has been covered many times. But, I have recently been in a pattern of listening to PJ on vinyl only for the last month or so. It is incredible. For those of you that buy vinyl to keep it sealed hoping to profit from it, you are missing out. It's not worth it. Play the records, you will be happy you did. No Code, Yield and Binaural sound awesome, you will appreciate the songs that much more.

That would be a great idea...if those vinyl were even available for purchase at a reasonable price...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    RKCNDY said:

Total myth.

RKCNDY said:

Total myth.
    then explain this sticker on the back of my SRV RSD gray vinyl...

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    That's quite a sticker, RK.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Total myth.

I think it depends how it's pressed. It's not like just adding color impacts the sound.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133

RKCNDY said:

Total myth.
    Actually it's not a myth. That's what the tour guide told us at the United Records Pressing Plant in Nashville back in 2013. They explained the reason why but I don't remember it now.

http://www.urpressing.com/history.php
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,341
    RKCNDY said:

Play the black one then? If you even have the album twice, open one. Or get a "regular" version you can play. What good is it to own an album if you cannot bring it to the use it was intended for?

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    coach pj said:

Agreed. Spin that shit!
  • My boy and I were sitting on the floor yesterday, and he was reading/singing the lyrics for "Society" from the insert of the Into The Wild vinyl. We wouldn't have done that with an Mp3.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    just clean your records - and handle with care. I.E. do not stack - do not touch the surface of the record - only label and edges.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,341

My boy and I were sitting on the floor yesterday, and he was reading/singing the lyrics for "Society" from the insert of the Into The Wild vinyl. We wouldn't have done that with an Mp3.

We have done that stuff before too. Love it :plus_one:
    Now since we moved, we finally have our stereo system with the huge inherited boxes from the early 80's on full blast in the living room. It is so awesome.

RKCNDY said:

Play the black one then? If you even have the album twice, open one. Or get a "regular" version you can play. What good is it to own an album if you cannot bring it to the use it was intended for?

This is what I was thinking. I never expected to get the colored version, and I was waiting to open the black version until I had a proper set-up.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Total myth.

That is just a disclaimer from a press that did a shit job on a record and knows it. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

This is what I was thinking. I never expected to get the colored version, and I was waiting to open the black version until I had a proper set-up.
    If they are from the same release the coloured is always worth more, so yeah, play the black whenever you are in this situation, even when the coloured pressing isn't done poorly. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

That is just a disclaimer from a press that did a shit job on a record and knows it. :lol:

Bicycle did a shit re-press on NIN Halo Pretty Hate, not even a colored vinyl...I'm still waiting for my replacement.

- Christopher McCandless
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Buy 2, one to listen too and one to admire 'sealed' in your collection.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited February 2016
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Total myth.

The same can be said for any new record, black vinyl included. Probably just a cover-your-ass type warning. So when someone calls and complains about a skip or pop, the label can say "Well, there was a disclaimer" and be of no fault legally.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on