Options

Congrats to the lucky folks who won tickets!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Coming from San Diego and put in for Greenville and was fortunate enough to win. I put in GA number one and Reserve seats number 2. Won GA. Super stoked and can't wait to visit South Carolina.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878

I hit the lottery big time.
    Wife finished her chemo treatments and just got out of surgery today and hopefully will be well healed up and ready to rock out Philly with me in April

That is great to hear! Fingers crossed for her being in Philly with you!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    StAmsar20StAmsar20 Bettendorf, Iowa Posts: 59
    Tampa
    RS
    2nd show and my wife's first
    From Iowa to Florida
  • Options
    ReikoReiko Posts: 29
    Won MSG 2, Greetings from Leipzig.
    Berlin 1996, 2000, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2012 (1+2), 2014, 2018
    Düsseldorf 2007
    New York (1+2) 2016
    Amsterdam (1+2) 2018
    Prague 2018
    Wrigley (1+2) 2018
    EV-A´dam (2) 2012
    EV-A´dam (1) 2017
    EV-A´dam (1+2) 2019
    EV-Berlin 2017, 2019
    EV-Antwerpen 2017
    EV-Barolo 2019
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    I was lucky enough to win both GA selections. We will be flying from Calgary to Norfolk and renting a car. Looking forward to a week away between Hampton and Columbia.
    *****awesome news elwayvedder*****
  • Options
    Xmas75Xmas75 Posts: 9
    Won GA tickets for Columbia - Flying out from California
    This will be the first show I have been a part of since 93
    I am so EXCITED it is unreal!!!
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Frank Sinatra Jr. in Saskatchewan -- last row!

Oh, and the San Diego Chicken!
  • Options
    JTH said:

Frank Sinatra Jr. in Saskatchewan -- last row!

Oh, and the San Diego Chicken!

I knew you would like those! !

Haha

Inside joke
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited January 2016
    Going to Lexington, traveling from St. Louis...best way to spend my bday!
  • Options
    I am beyond excited! I won for three out of four shows that I put in for! I'll be going to Philly 1, Ottawa, and Quebec City! Thanks, 10c, and also thank you for giving me the chance to put in another credit card! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    FE55353FE55353 Greenville, SC Posts: 63
    I guess I played the lottery well, 1st choice Greenville reserved and 2nd choice Columbia GA. Now anyone have advice on the pit? I guess I never paid attention to how big it is. It was huge at Wrigley.... I don't want or need to be on the rail, just close enough to get a message read.
    "If you are listening to this bootleg in Alaska, open the front door." Eddie Vedder 10/8/00

Alpine Valley: 6/26/98, 10/8/00, 6/21/03, 9/3/11 Target Center: 6/30/98
    Summerfest: 6/30/06 Music Midtown: 9/22/12 Wrigley Field: 7/19 & 7/20/13, 8/20/16
    Charlotte: 10/30/13
    Greenville: 4/16/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Wrigley Field: 8/20/2016
  • Options
    FE55353 said:

I guess I played the lottery well, 1st choice Greenville reserved and 2nd choice Columbia GA. Now anyone have advice on the pit? I guess I never paid attention to how big it is. It was huge at Wrigley.... I don't want or need to be on the rail, just close enough to get a message read.

Don't waste your entire day waiting in the GA line. Get out. See the town. Have fun.

But don't get to the venue too late. Be there as close to the time the doors open as you can. You'll be plenty close enough.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2016
    I gotta say, as someone that prides themself into getting into everything I want to go to by one means or another, knowing that I won tickets for something you will not even be able to buy on the secondary market makes it even sweeter. If the stats in the post someone made in another thread on how many GA tickets at MSG will be in the TM sale are true (39 tickets I think it said), there won't even be a secondary market for them at all. I'm not sure I realized that before. You either won this lotto, know someone who did, or get reserved seats by some means. Man, that's so awesome. I don't know if that's the case for any other events, certainly nowadays with people cashing in on Stubhub for high demand tickets. Oh man, I'm so pumped for this....
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Traveling from Seattle, WA
    Got the lottery for MSG1 GA
    First time seeing them at MSG. Can't wait!!
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    edited January 2016
    1st time MSGer! (coming from Chicago)

Only shows we put in for and got both nights between us... can't wait!!!!
  • Options
    Doing a looper with GA's at Quebec - have a good feeling about this one because it's one of the lower-demand shows. Should be a dandy! Ottawa then Toronto and then the work begins on Wrigley!

PS - thanks Speedy Mccready for writing about safe/ odds-favourable ways to enter the lottery - I did that and I landed tickets. Very happy, cheers man!
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458

OMG I KEEP LOOKING AT "My Tickets" page
    1st choice 04/08/2016 Ft Lauderdale, FL Status and the green rectangle with the white letters that says WON!!!!!

CHA-CHING!!!

Congrats!

Thank you, Speedy...honestly after staying up 'til around 10:30 last night and not seeing any email. I really didn't think I stood much chance. I got up for work and checked once more and could barely believe it!!! I was like oMG HOW AM I GOING TO TELL MY ROOMMATE?!?!
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    My wife and I are coming over from the UK for New York Night 2. Going to stay for a week and see the City.!!!!
    Been waiting Years to go to the Garden - my dream to see PJ there. Never been to US.Been waiting for when we could afford to come over and combine the 2!! Seen PJ at quite a few places around Europe from London - Prague - Berlin etc etc!
    Was amazed at winning Reserved for Night 2 but I had that as first choice cos they were the best of the odds!!
    I know we are so lucky, and we are so grateful to the ten club for the chance to win tickets...
    Everything is booked and good to go !! And it will be our 5 Year Wedding Anniversary on May 5th !!
    I proposed in Berlin in 2010!!!
    Words cannot explain how happy and excited we are to be coming over to the States...
  • Options
    Ice22Ice22 Posts: 48

Since the only threads that are getting bumped this morning seweem to be the 3 or 4
    that are whining and bitching about NOT getting tickets...I guess I will start this thread.

SO CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    Which shows are you going to?
    How far are you traveling?
    If it is your 1st show? Tell us how excited you are?

And if only 1 person responds to this thread, that's ok too.
    Hahahahaha

Going to Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. Going with my brother who got me into PJ. We got GA for both - he won and I won. Still can't believe that happened. Only have to travel about an hour or two to the venues. So excited the guys are coming back to the Sunshine state.

One personal note, we lost our Dad this past summer - tough time to say the very least. So now to have this weekend to look forward to in April ... standing side by side with my bro in the pit ... seeing the band we both love ... beyond excited!!!
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,299

Since the only threads that are getting bumped this morning seem to be the 3 or 4
    that are whining and bitching about NOT getting tickets...I guess I will start this thread.

SO CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    Which shows are you going to?
    How far are you traveling?
    If it is your 1st show? Tell us how excited you are?

And if only 1 person responds to this thread, that's ok too.
    Hahahahaha

Thanks Speedy,
    Three shows; Greenville, Raleigh, and Columbia
    Traveling from Rockford, IL (about 75 miles outside of Chicago)
    I'm just happy to meet up with fellow fans and enjoy live music from my favorite band. Should be fun for all of us.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Doing Philly through Toronto on what I have dubbed the Birthday Tour, only got GA for the birthday show in Toronto. I have already gotten tickets to a couple of shows via super generous and awesome fans here and then there is TM, it will all work. Flying out from northern BC to rock the east coast, shows 7-13 for me
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Cool thread! This is what I got:
    First Choice: Greenville Reserved- WON
    Second Choice: Lexington Reserved- WON
    Third Choice: Raleigh Reserved- WON
    Fourth Choice: Columbia Reserved- WON

Im most excited about Greenville. I will be traveling from Bristol, VA (southwest VA) to these 4 gigs. This tour is special to me because my birthday is April 22, 1991, and to celebrate my 25th birthday around the time of PJ's 25th Anniversary tour, I couldn't be any more thrilled. My 25 and their 25. It's damn wonderful. Plus, I have never been to more than 2 shows per tour, so 4 shows in one tour will be exhilarating and a new experience. Lastly, I've said since I became a fan in 2005 and starting collecting PJ bootlegs that I had to see this band at least 10 times. After Lexington this year, I will have met my goal. Here's to 10 more! Enjoy the shows everyone.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options

Cool thread! This is what I got:
    First Choice: Greenville Reserved- WON
    Second Choice: Lexington Reserved- WON
    Third Choice: Raleigh Reserved- WON
    Fourth Choice: Columbia Reserved- WON

Im most excited about Greenville. I will be traveling from Bristol, VA (southwest VA) to these 4 gigs. This tour is special to me because my birthday is April 22, 1991, and to celebrate my 25th birthday around the time of PJ's 25th Anniversary tour, I couldn't be any more thrilled. My 25 and their 25. It's damn wonderful. Plus, I have never been to more than 2 shows per tour, so 4 shows in one tour will be exhilarating and a new experience. Lastly, I've said since I became a fan in 2005 and starting collecting PJ bootlegs that I had to see this band at least 10 times. After Lexington this year, I will have met my goal. Here's to 10 more! Enjoy the shows everyone.

Another smart one who knows how to play the odds.
  • Options
    Going to my first show outside of New England. 20 years of going to PJ concerts for me this tour. Driving down to SC with friends to pick up my brother (surprise 40th gift) and headed to Columbia. That's the only show I put in for.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Been lucky to attend every show in New England since 1996.
  • Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    I won MSG2 GA (it's kinda fun that when I say I "won" PJ tickets everyone thinks I haven't paid for them!)
    My husband and I are coming over from Italy for our first PJ's US concert :)
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    elen said:

I won MSG2 GA (it's kinda fun that when I say I "won" PJ tickets everyone thinks I haven't paid for them!)

WOW!!!
    Congratulations!!!!
  • Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188

elen said:

WOW!!!
    Congratulations!!!!
    Ok. You're fooling with me, aren't you? :P
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I think the Carolina-Virginia run is the way to go..I'm staying put..but to me that looks like the most fun.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    elen said:

elen said:

WOW!!!
    Congratulations!!!!
    Ok. You're fooling with me, aren't you? :P
    No I am not.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Hope you have a great time in NYC.
  • Options
    TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    edited January 2016
    First time using the lottery, I only entered two options (both nights in Philly GA standing). My thinking was to just go to the closest show to me and I didn't think to use more picks to give myself a greater chance. I was worried I screwed myself over in doing this but I got my no.1 pick. GA Standing in Philly 4/29! I feel super lucky over this and very happy with the results.
    Post edited by TFlyer on