Options

Reserved Seating Question

iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
Do we know if they are still giving out back of the floor as fan club seats? I remember reading something like 10c commented on it in the past and said they wouldn't be in the future but I never saw a source.

I rather be in the lower level all the way across the arena than back of the floor. In the past for MSG and Newark shows in 2010 I got that kind of seat through the club Philly 2013 was the only time I had back of the floor.

Comments

• Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    edited January 2016
    Also curious about this. First tour I've opted to go all-in on reserved seats for. GA odds don't aren't favorable enough for my liking.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I'm pretty sure I read earlier where there are some reserved fan club seats on the main floor (in addition to the sides), behind the GA section. I've never been to MSG, but I've heard someone say the main floor is tilted slightly to help sight lines. Is that true?
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    Yes, the instructions do say that 10C reserved includes seats behind GA.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    edited January 2016
    I know it said that but first few rows after the pit I wouldn't consider back of the floor for philly I was literally in the last few rows I think 2nd to last to be exact
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    from the email:

Reserved Seating: 
Reserved seated tickets are being held for the Ten Club in some of the best seat locations in the house, the majority of which includes the side sections in the 100 level as well as a very small amount of floor seats behind the GA pit. Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club. Remember: public seated tickets fall behind the fan club seats, so no matter your seniority, your fan club seats still put you at an advantage. There are more reserved seated tickets available than GA tickets for Ten Club members
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    edited January 2016
    Is it wrong of me to assume some of the venues, namely the ones that host basketball teams i.e. Madison Square Garden and Wells Fargo Center would have risers to put behind the GA section?
    Post edited by AlaG on
  • Options
    At the old MSG the back of the floor was a bit elevated to meet the lower bowl reserve seats. It was slight, but enough for a better view than that of some flat floor arenas. The garden is newly renovated since the last PJ show there, so I'm not sure what it will be like now...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    Chris519Chris519 Posts: 150
    Never again with the reserved 10c seats for me. I was stuck 3 rows from the back of the floor for Buffalo 2013. Fingers crossed for GA, public sale second choice.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Chris519 said:

Never again with the reserved 10c seats for me. I was stuck 3 rows from the back of the floor for Buffalo 2013. Fingers crossed for GA, public sale second choice.

Your membership number was a factor there bud. Guaranteed.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Chris519Chris519 Posts: 150
    YES indeed. Forgot to mention that. Anyone with a 10c membership number up around the 500 mark is at risk for back of the floor.
  • Options
    When I went to the show at the Barclays Center, I sat in the floor section right behind the general admission section. I was very surprised to see a bunch of people around me with tickets from Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I have not spent enough this year in the store - I am worried about my meta data getting me proper seats. :whistle:
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    edited January 2016
    Made Reserved Seating my first choice for Toronto. I'm a 5'5", 100-lbs. woman with multiple medical conditions. There's no way I want to deal with a GA pit.
    Post edited by Sarah on
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,469
    Chris519 said:

YES indeed. Forgot to mention that. Anyone with a 10c membership number up around the 500 mark is at risk for back of the floor.

Not necessarily true, my wife's number is in the low 500s and she got tickets on the side for St. Louis in 2014 about Center ice area
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    How does everyone feel about seats directly on the side of the stage? Is that based on the venue? Take for example the seating chart for MSG, I'm using the generic End Stage w/Front GA; would you like seats in section 109?
    ticketmaster.com/Madison-Square-Garden-tickets-New-York/venue/483329
  • Options
    JoshoeuhJoshoeuh Posts: 167

How does everyone feel about seats directly on the side of the stage? Is that based on the venue? Take for example the seating chart for MSG, I'm using the generic End Stage w/Front GA; would you like seats in section 109?

Personally, I don't mind them at all.
    Columbus 2010 - Atlanta 2012 - Charlotte 2013
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Great seats!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I'd definitely take them, but at a certain point in that section, you'd get a pretty odd angle of the stage. I had similar seats in Milwaukee and you're sort of behind. I realize I'll get little pity since this is seniority issue.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

I'd definitely take them, but at a certain point in that section, you'd get a pretty odd angle of the stage. I had similar seats in Milwaukee and you're sort of behind. I realize I'll get little pity since this is seniority issue.

The important part to remember is that it is better than you will get from TM.
    The side view isn't bad, and it beats the nosebleeds...we had obstructed view tickets in buffalo '13 and they were great seats, very close and everyone was visible, it felt like we were looking directly down on them.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

At the old MSG the back of the floor was a bit elevated to meet the lower bowl reserve seats. It was slight, but enough for a better view than that of some flat floor arenas. The garden is newly renovated since the last PJ show there, so I'm not sure what it will be like now...

Still is and those seats are great. I would definitely take those over back of true floor.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 226
    In the arenas where GA consists of only 1/3 of the floor, seats behind the floor are pretty good.

That's about where I'd be standing with a GA ticket anyway.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Most fun I've ever had at a PJ show was my first row seats in the side stage where my tickets said "obstructed view"
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    ajflickerajflicker Canada Posts: 166

Do we know if they are still giving out back of the floor as fan club seats? I remember reading something like 10c commented on it in the past and said they wouldn't be in the future but I never saw a source.

I rather be in the lower level all the way across the arena than back of the floor. In the past for MSG and Newark shows in 2010 I got that kind of seat through the club Philly 2013 was the only time I had back of the floor.

Found this on a cached version of their website from 2015.

For shows with a General Admission section in front of the stage, Ten Club Reserved Seating will start on the side sections closest to the stage extending back, as well as the first rows on the venue floor behind the General Admission section.
    For Pearl Jam shows that are 100% seated (no standing pit in front of the stage), tickets are allocated by membership seniority, with the exception of rows 1-2 and rows 9-10 which will be used for random allocation unless otherwise announced.
    For Reserved Seated Pearl Jam shows, fan club ticket locations start from the first rows on the floor and extending back, we also reserve the side sections closest to the stage when necessary. In some cases there will be season ticket holder seats in these areas, however we do our best to work around these circumstances which are out of our control.