New album

joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
1998: Cleveland
2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
2003: Cleveland, Columbus
2004: Toledo
2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
2008: Washington D.C.
2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
2012: Atlanta
2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
2014: Cincinnati

Comments

• Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I don't think we'll see a new record until 2018.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    october22 said:

I don't think we'll see a new record until 2018.

Cool. My daughter might be old enough to take to her first show by then.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,517
    I'm going to guess 2017.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm going to guess 2017.

I hope so. Four years is too much.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,142
    I personally hope that they decide to all leave their families for a month for music reasons. Lol, it'll never happen again, but what if they just hung out with no one but each other again like they were 25 and wrote music together.

I don't want another backspacer, I want another album like vitalogy. An absolute must buy. Not just "another album from those grunge guys."
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,835
    Most of these kids are super young. Do they even know about Pearl Jam?
    "Not really. I'm just the guy who helped them build a skatepark, which is awesome and way better."

When you think about your legacy do you think of it in terms of skateboarding or music?
    "I don't really think that much about my legacy. If global climate change has its way like it has in the past few years a legacy isn't going to mean anything. I think it's just about making life as comfortable for as many people as you can and being a good human."

Inspiring stuff. Jeff is an awesome person. OP, thanks for sharing link to the interview
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    They might start first round of recording in 2016; but the way things turned out in LB, it might take a few more rounds of recording to complete an album. Plus, the cover, artwork, it will easily get to 2017, if not 2018.

Might be a new album from Kings of Leon or Arcade Fire in 2016, if suits.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm going to guess 2017.

I think a friendly wager is in order ;)
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    What new album?

:joker:
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    Lazy old gits. One should be out now.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    edited August 2015
    I wish the guys good luck no matter what they do and it's always great to hear some new PJ but honestly, I kind of hoping for something that sounds like they really gave it there all. I'm 64 years old and I kick ass at work everyday I work and if I'm not dragging my ass and feeling dog tired at the end of the day I figure I didn't work hard enough that day (moot point though because that never happens). I always kind of hope that's what great bands do.

So come on guys, kick out the jams!

Edit: Don't get me wrong- it's not like I think the guys are a bunch of lazy bums. They've paid their dues and making a record is hard work- any record. They can take a little easier route or go for broke- either way is fine with me. I'm just saying what I would want to see them do which would be to make a really killer, go for it all record. If not, for my tastes there's still Yield, No Code, Riot Act. It doesn't get much better than that.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,517
    october22 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'm going to guess 2017.

I think a friendly wager is in order ;)
    You're on. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata