Vs. Clear Vinyl

fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
Hey All :)

My girlfriend just recently surprised me with a copy of Vs. on vinyl. The copy she got me is clear wax and I can't find any information on it whatsoever. Do I have a rare gem or what's the deal?

Thanks!
Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16

Comments

• iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,518
    Sounds like a fake copy.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    Bootleg matey.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Bootleg matey.

Yep
  • fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    edited April 2015
    Fantastic :angry: They did a great job on it then. Right down to the color gatefold.
    Post edited by fl4tdriven on
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,071
    It's weird that they would bootleg one of the Pearl Jam albums that's still in print. It's the first I've heard of a clear vs., but there's been all sorts of colors of some of the other albums so it doesn't surprise me. I still can't believe they haven't tried to bootleg benaroya or something else really rare.
    Clear vinyl is awesome though, and its a gift, so enjoy!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    Ask her where she got it
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,680
    Zod said:

It's weird that they would bootleg one of the Pearl Jam albums that's still in print. It's the first I've heard of a clear vs., but there's been all sorts of colors of some of the other albums so it doesn't surprise me. I still can't believe they haven't tried to bootleg benaroya or something else really rare.

It was bootlegged in the UK too, with strange covers
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    The big question, does it sound good? If so, crank that shit!
  • Rob ArmRob Arm Posts: 99
    Can you post some pictures of it?
  • JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    I've never seen a clear bootleg. Pictures? Sound quality?
    I'll post some pics tonight if I remember. Ill have to ask her where she got it. She's currently in the UK studying for a Masters so she surprised me with it when I went to visit this past week. I'll give it a listen tonight and let ya know how it is. :)
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    wow, interesting
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,651
    There's a few on eBay from this one seller from Spain for US $28.01.

Pretty much all these Pearl Jam pirated vinyl releases have been manufactured & shipped from Spain.
    Ugh! My favorite record of all time, VIOLATED! Hahaha!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Ugh! My favorite record of all time, VIOLATED! Hahaha!

the price of vinyl makes me feel the same way....lol
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    edited April 2015
    Okay, I got some pics:

photo 20150420_184638.jpg

photo 20150420_184700.jpg

photo 20150420_184742.jpg

photo 20150420_184807.jpg

photo 20150420_184817.jpg

Sound quality is ehh. Definitely not horrible and there's no doubt I'll spin this regularly. She bought it at a market for £5 and was very excited to surprise me with it so I don't have the heart to tell her it's a bootleg :)
    Post edited by fl4tdriven on
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Still looks cool, for $15 I would buy one
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Wow that´s really looking cool...and for this price I would gladly take one too!
    And no shipping from US... ;) lol
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    The fact it says clear wax on the sticker pretty much exposes it. Pretty cool though, love clear vinyl
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,765
    edited April 2015
    hrd2imgn said:

The fact it says clear wax on the sticker pretty much exposes it. Pretty cool though, love clear vinyl

Yeah... most of the real ones use the "v" word.

It's like "Yeah, we know it's fake. A true collector knows it's fake, so we're not even gonna try too hard."

I've seen some from companies like: "In Your Head Records" and they'll say: "No Unauthorised Reproductions" using the UK spelling. Yeah...if you look closely, you can tell fake vs real.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,071
    I like coloured vinyl so I do find this interesting. If I was choosing a colour for Vs. I think I would of gone with transparent orange (I love transparent records). The CD is orange so I always associate that with the album.
  • korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 922
    Love the look of clear vinyl spinning on a table, for £5 i think she did real well, bootleg or not!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    Fleet Foxes reissued their debut on clear through Newbury. Worth the scratch...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

Sound quality is ehh. Definitely not horrible and there's no doubt I'll spin this regularly. She bought it at a market for £5 and was very excited to surprise me with it so I don't have the heart to tell her it's a bootleg :)

At least she only spent 5 GBP on it and you're gonna get good use out of it. And she thought of you, which is what really counts!
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,765
    Zod said:

I like coloured vinyl so I do find this interesting. If I was choosing a colour for Vs. I think I would of gone with transparent orange (I love transparent records). The CD is orange so I always associate that with the album.

FWIW, the only legit color edition of Vs is the South American blue vinyl.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"

At least she only spent 5 GBP on it and you're gonna get good use out of it. And she thought of you, which is what really counts!
    Exactly the way I see it!
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,453
    I would take Vs anyway I could get it. That clear vinyl looks badass!
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,453
    My favorite album cover btw.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Be thrilled. Spin it. Enjoy it! What an incredibly thoughtful gift!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1