The *~*~*~OFFICIAL~*~*~* 2021 March Madness Thread

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    That was the NCAA best officiating crew? Good god. I just watched a free throw shooting contest for a national championship. Both teams stunk.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    CBS and the NCAA owe everyone in the EST time zone a free nap pass and a DQ Blizzard coupon for airing that debacle.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Jason P said:

CBS and the NCAA owe everyone in the EST time zone a free nap pass and a DQ Blizzard coupon for airing that debacle.

Sounds good to me. Just awful officiating both ways. There was never a flow to the game. Why did the Zags let the gimp take the last few meaningful shots after he rolled his ankle?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    that was the worst played championship game i've seen and i've seen them all since 1982. just bad all around play. how many layups can a 7'1" guy miss? Neither team really deserved to win. Weird tourney in that Carolina was a great offensive team all year and really only played one great offensive game in the tournament and won it all. Now about those sham classes at Carolina. maybe they will get probation someday for it or does NC Central have to worry about being punished for the Tar Heels sins?

Meeks was out of bounds on the loose ball jump ball call late in the last minute. no mention of it though. Huge call there. Collins fouling out killed the Zags. He coulld score in the post for them.

i'm sure i'm in the minority but time to put Raftery out to pasture too. do i need to hear him giggle like a schoolgirl every 2 minutes?enough.

i know Turner put up a lot of money but whoever decided having Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley on during the NCAA tournament should be fired or made to work at Fox and be sexually harrassed by Bill O'Reilly on a daily basis. those guys are horrible.
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited April 2017
    ^^^

I was really irritated with the lack of respect Zach Collins got from that goofy group of goobers. Even his fifth which, as anyone knows should have been a definitive foul to be disqualified for, was a bump at best.

To be fair, the teams hardly had a chance to get in a flow- the officials seemed to think they were getting paid by the call. There were way too many off the ball, inconsequential fouls.

Yah. I'm going on about the officials. But they truly were stinky.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • I fell asleep about 5 minutes in. Congrats to the cheaters!
    I'm through with screaming
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

^^^

I was really irritated with the lack of respect Zach Collins got from that goofy group of goobers. Even his fifth which, as anyone knows should have been a definitive foul to be disqualified for, was a bump at best.

To be fair, the teams hardly had a chance to get in a flow- the officials seemed to think they were getting paid by the call. There were way too many off the ball, inconsequential fouls.

Officiating in the 2nd half was awful. Wayyyy too many fouls called. Both teams shot terribly from the field and the FT line. Just a brutal game.
  • ^^^

My brother has been going to the Final Four for the past several years. He said last night was the worst game he's seen by far. Almost 100 total rebounds, 52 free throws. Crazy.
    I'm through with screaming
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    pjhawks said:

i'm sure i'm in the minority but time to put Raftery out to pasture too. do i need to hear him giggle like a schoolgirl every 2 minutes?enough

I've been saying that for a couple of years now. Every time I mention that to someone they always tell me I'm crazy and that Raftery is a treasure of the game. Glad to know I'm not the only one.
  • I just think it was tough for those two teams to find any flow.

It sounds as if I'm making a bunch of excuses... I'm not trying to. NC earned the win in ugly conditions. The officials truly made things a grind and disrupted what should have been the natural course of things. I guarantee the allocaters spoke at length with this crew about their unnecessary interventions.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    The tournament was majority trash this year in general
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited April 2017
    Everything about the game was BAD: Refs & players. Like some have pointed out, the Refs didn't let the players get into any flow. Disappointing too as i really thought it would be a good and entertaining game.

The 2011 game (UCONN-Butler) was really bad too. Neither team could throw it in the ocean.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/boxscore?id=58440
    Post edited by cutz on
    Love Raf with the kiss! Grant hill and Nantz are brutal.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

The tournament was majority trash this year in general

true. not a lot of great finishes. Fla-Wisconsin and UK-UNC are the two that jump out. Maybe the best game was Xavier-Arizona and that was way late on the East Coast so not a lot of people saw the end of that one.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    anytime nova loses that goes to the top of the list for me
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:
    anytime nova loses that goes to the top of the list for me
    Definitely
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Awful game and awful result. Any time UNC, Duke, Kentucky, or a Rick Pitino team wins a title, the rest of the world loses.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    please, please, please take away rick shitino's 2013 title.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

so Louisville gets their title vacated for strippers and sex but North Carolina with over a decade of sham classes continues on. interesting.
    Doesn't every school have sham classes, even for the regular students?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

so Louisville gets their title vacated for strippers and sex but North Carolina with over a decade of sham classes continues on. interesting.

good point.

SAD!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

good point.

SAD!
    Indeed!
    shitino is back in the tourney.

carry on.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    don't sleep on the Ohio U. Bobcats.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    :crickets:

anything? Bueller?

juggler telling us how good ’nova is? oh wait, they’re no good.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    I'm ready. I love the tournament. I've got a Final Four of Gonzaga, Alabama, Baylor, and West Virginia. I think Gonzaga wins it all.

I will be pulling for Winthrop to make a run. I grew up going to their games, even when they were bad. While they aren't my favorite team, I would consider them my second team and still pull for them.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    I run a tourney on Yahoo.  If anyone needs one to join, let me know.  $10 per bracket.  We usually have 50-75 entries.  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Wobbie said:
    don't sleep on the Ohio U. Bobcats.
    You've got the wrong Ohio horse there.  The Buckeyes are good.  Maybe a little undersized, but they've played well against Illinois and Iowa (beat and lost to both) who have the two best big men in teh country.  Scoring is as balanced as anyone in the tourney, outside maybe Baylor.  
    I think this is a top heavy tournament.  I can't see anyone outside the 1's and 2's that has a chance.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Ive got Ohio St and Michigan in the final.