Options

Momma-Son Trilogy...your takes on them?

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,867
OK history aside, rawness aside, I was listening to them today and noticed some stuff that never really stood out in my head until today. I have never listened to the deluxe package Cassette either so that may make this conversation seem ignorant.

1. Footsteps- in many many listens I never noticed the harmonica hiding in there. The lost dogs version make total sense to me now. I always wondered why they threw harmonica in there, now it makes sense (I am a jackass I know)

2. Thank the lord the version of Once evolved. It is total Bad Radio in this version

3. Alive- I think this has to be the song that put Ed over the top with the guys. There is certainly some greatness in Once here and there and footsteps, but this is really Pearl Jam as it became to be known.

I don;t know if it I am getting older, but I am finding I am hearing more in their music lately, I mean literally. Instruments I never heard, sounds etc. Not just on vinyl or high rate digital either. Maybe my hearing is finally recovering after 25 years of heavy metal and hard rock abuse as well

What Say Ye?