2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    For those that have seen Bird Box:

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I saw that one. Thought it was Michael Jackson at first lol 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:
    To be fair , wasn't the kick tipped?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Yes, BARELY. But still, it was the 6th kick of his to hit a goal post this season what are the odds? And this time, it hit an upright AND the cross bar. It was a kicker version of a Reeenk Roink...only it was a Diiink Doink!

Had the same kicker hit the game winner against the Dolphins, the Beaes would have been off yesterday and hosting a game next week.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Supposedly yes. But he’s missed 11 kicks this year. Get the ball up faster and it doesn’t get tipped. He’s just not a good kicker. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mcgruff10 said:
    The call at the end of the half was BRUTAL!
    The catch & fumble that was ruled incomplete?  Yes, that was ridiculous.  How do they at least not call it a catch and give them possession at that spot?  I'm sure there's probably some stupid rule or maybe they just made it up on the fly.  But it was ruled incomplete. There was convincing evidence it wasn't so that call should be overturned. Whatever happens after that (fumble, ref picking ball up) is moot since they already blew the play dead.  Made no sense to me. NFL needs to stop making all this catch and replay stuff so god damn difficult.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    The call at the end of the half was BRUTAL!
    The catch & fumble that was ruled incomplete?  Yes, that was ridiculous.  How do they at least not call it a catch and give them possession at that spot?  I'm sure there's probably some stupid rule or maybe they just made it up on the fly.  But it was ruled incomplete. There was convincing evidence it wasn't so that call should be overturned. Whatever happens after that (fumble, ref picking ball up) is moot since they already blew the play dead.  Made no sense to me. NFL needs to stop making all this catch and replay stuff so god damn difficult.
    Al Micheals asked that very question.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    edited January 2019
    They said during the second half that there was a rule stating that if nobody recovered it, you can't go back and change the play to a catch.
    If anything Eagles got screwed on that play by the officials vehemently calling it incomplete. There were 3 Eagles who could have recovered the ball, but all 3 stopped once the pass was waved off as incomplete. No Bear was anywhere near the ball.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    So basically an official can interfere with any play and both teams are screwed.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Basically

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rare-nfl-rulebook-explanation-creates-catchfumble-controversy-in-bears-eagles-playoff-game/

Rule states: "If there is no video evidence of a clear recovery or the ball going out of bounds, the ruling of incomplete stands".

So the correct call was made after review according to the rules. Coaches should use this to teach players to jump on the ball even if refs have waved incomplete if there's ever a questionable play like yesterday.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    I was at the game. Can honestly say that I've never witnessed such shell-shocked dejection from fans in my life. Only parallel I can think of would maybe be the Cubs/Bartman game but I wasn't at Wrigley for that one. One dude who was alone was yelling skyward...I think at God.

I'm still dealing with the 5 stages of grief here at work - 1:17 PM CST.

Unfucking-believable.
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
    ^ No one could believe it because it’s a team we should have beaten handily in my opinion. Against a different opponent, the dejection level might not be so high. Any given Sunday I guess...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    I was at the game. Can honestly say that I've never witnessed such shell-shocked dejection from fans in my life. Only parallel I can think of would maybe be the Cubs/Bartman game but I wasn't at Wrigley for that one. One dude who was alone was yelling skyward...I think at God.

Unfucking-believable.
    I was there too.  Walking out of there was so fucking depressing.  
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Unfucking-believable.
    I wasnt there but it must have been the same feeling I had when pj busted into Arms Aloft after release at PJ20...

In the end Cody had more points than the Bears O..yea he should have made it but the D had a chance to make a stop and they didnt. The O had many opportunities for 6 instead they settled for 3. 
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    Wma31394 said:

Unfucking-believable.
    I wasnt there but it must have been the same feeling I had when pj busted into Arms Aloft after release at PJ20...

Lol...
    Yeah, I missed night 1 for PJ20. My brother attests that Arms Aloft in the second slot was a true "doinker". Not quite a "double doinker" but a doinker nonetheless.

- Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Wma31394 said:

Unfucking-believable.

Lol...
    Yeah, I missed night 1 for PJ20. My brother attests that Arms Aloft in the second slot was a true "doinker". Not quite a "double doinker" but a doinker nonetheless.

I wasnt there but did people want Save You or Gonna See My Friend or something?  Its always gonna be some kind of garage rocker/punkish tune there.  

Not a bad song at all.  Im sure fans were like “wait whats this?” But that should only last a second.  We’ve all kept the energy at different artist’s shows where we didnt know songs
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Wma31394 said:

Unfucking-believable.

Lol...

I wasnt there but did people want Save You or Gonna See My Friend or something?  Its always gonna be some kind of garage rocker/punkish tune there.  

Not a bad song at all.  Im sure fans were like “wait whats this?” But that should only last a second.  We’ve all kept the energy at different artist’s shows where we didnt know songs
    Please don't lump Save You and Gonna See My Friend into the same category....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited January 2019
    Wma31394 said:

Unfucking-believable.

Lol...

Please don't lump Save You and Gonna See My Friend into the same category....
    The second song back then was always a short fast one.  They’re interchangable.  

And thank you Bears for giving the Raiders #24 in the draft and not #30 or 31.  Its the least you could do since Chucky traded away our franchise
    Ha. You're right! Raiders get #24 now don't they? Chucky has to be happier now!
    - Chicago G

Damn...there goes Vic Fangio...
    That sucks.  But not surprising with how good the D was this year.  Tough guy to lose but still a ton of talent on that defense.
    Remember when Tarik Cohen only had 4 touches on Sunday???  And for some reason Mizell and Cunningham both had touches????  Unbelievable.  Every time I think I'm over this I think about something that happened and get pissed off all over again.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    ^
    Hardly using Cohen baffled me. I was more concerned about him than anyone else on your offense...
    Yeah I'm still confused by that.  Obviously the Eagles did a lot on defense to neutralize him, but you just gotta find ways to put the ball in his hands and make some plays.
    They didn't do much to neutralize him.  Cohen had one handoff the entire game.  I think Howard had 10...if I recall.  11 handoffs to your best RBs in the entire game?!?!  Dumb!
    Parkey sucks ass, but we all knew this.  The gameplan is what killed them.
    Bears released Parkey. Good move. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    bbiggs said:
    They should sign Matt Bryant. I was surprised Falcons let him go

he might only have a yr or 2 left, dude is money
    I should clarify. They announced they will. It becomes official in a couple of weeks. 
    CROJAM95 said:
    bbiggs said:

I just wonder how he’d do in the elements at his age. Kicking in the dome probably helped to some degree. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    bbiggs said:

I just wonder how he’d do in the elements at his age. Kicking in the dome probably helped to some degree. 
    For sure, I’d still kick the tires.I’d think he’d be limited to 50-52 yds 

last year he was hitting 57,58 in the dome
    With all the money against the cap they still have tied up with Parkey for next season I'm assuming they'll be going with a rookie or free agent kicker who only makes the minimum.  Either way, had to make this move...Parkey was the worst kicker in the league last year.  
    With all the money against the cap they still have tied up with Parkey for next season I'm assuming they'll be going with a rookie or free agent kicker who only makes the minimum.  Either way, had to make this move...Parkey was the worst kicker in the league last year.  
    Draft Justin Yoon out of Norte Dame. In part because I'm a Domer Homer, but the dude is good. Not gonna get you 55 yarders, but he is money under 50. And used to kicking outdoors in the midwest.