2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Onside kick?
    Fucking brilliant

Blithering fucking idiots.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Cutler still throws AWFUL picks. Defense still sucks. Same old Bears. It's absolutely pathetic how much Rodgers just straight up owns the Bears. Defensive line couldn't put any pressure on him all day against an O-line that has struggled this year. What an embarrassment.
  • robertstackarmyrobertstackarmy So. WI Posts: 681
    Go Pack! Officiating will be the story, but Bears blew the 2nd half.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201

What happened with the officiating? I didn't get the game here in PA.

Yep. Bears absolutely deserved to lose this game, but that was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. Both ways.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Forte runs for 122. Bennett has 9 receptions for 100+. Cutler throws 3 td passes. And the bears still get BLOWN OUT.

Not smart to try and get into a shoot out with Aaron Rodgers.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I miss the girl in the track suit.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

I miss the girl in the track suit.

McMahon? Really?

Forte runs for 122. Bennett has 9 receptions for 100+. Cutler throws 3 td passes. And the bears still get BLOWN OUT.

Cutler with 2 bad interceptions was the difference. The defense obviously couldn't stop Rodgers so a shootout was the only way they were going to win.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    "There's two places where inches matter, one of them is on the football field." -M. Bennett

Cutler with 2 bad interceptions was the difference. The defense obviously couldn't stop Rodgers so a shootout was the only way they were going to win.
    I don't think so. The bears have completely abandoned the running game this year. Forte was running the ball well. Give him the ball and eat up clock. How many 6-8 minute drives have the bears had this year?

Those were bad interceptions, but if they would run the ball, Cutler wouldn't have to be relied on to throw his way back into the game. I don't remember them attempting a screen pass yesterday. Why do all of the pass plays have to be a deep pass?

I don't think so. The bears have completely abandoned the running game this year. Forte was running the ball well. Give him the ball and eat up clock. How many 6-8 minute drives have the bears had this year?

Those were bad interceptions, but if they would run the ball, Cutler wouldn't have to be relied on to throw his way back into the game. I don't remember them attempting a screen pass yesterday. Why do all of the pass plays have to be a deep pass?

The picks were absolutely the difference. Bears won time of possession 36-23 mins and had 235 yards rushing on 41 carries. If you can't win with those numbers, something is wrong. Turns out that the QB and the defense are the problem

Bears were only down 1 score when Cutler threw that first AWFUL interception. Sounds like the 2nd pick was a miscommunication between Cutler and Marshall. Cutler is never going to change....he'll look great for a couple games but then he'll have games like against Buffalo and yesterday where his decision-making is just plain awful. It's just funny how all the talk before this season was how Cutler is finally going to put it all together this year....the guy is 31 years old. He is what he is. Hard to see the Bears winning anything with him. And let's not even talk about the defense.
    The defense is pathetic. I seriously never thought that the bears would be this bad on defense as they have been the last two seasons. Letting Urlacher go has to be one of the worst decisions they have made in a long time. They had nobody to replace him. He was still a pro bowl linebacker when they let him walk. He made Briggs better. He bailed out bad safety play.

I really think that if the bears had given him that extra money, they would have made a deep run last year especially with the way they were scoring offensively. But the past is the past. Fuller willl be a good player, but they really need that guy in the middle that the bears are known for over the last 35 years. That butkus, singletary, urlacher guy that will hold that defense together for a decade or more.
    edited September 2014

The defense is pathetic. I seriously never thought that the bears would be this bad on defense as they have been the last two seasons. Letting Urlacher go has to be one of the worst decisions they have made in a long time. They had nobody to replace him. He was still a pro bowl linebacker when they let him walk. He made Briggs better. He bailed out bad safety play.

I really think that if the bears had given him that extra money, they would have made a deep run last year especially with the way they were scoring offensively. But the past is the past. Fuller willl be a good player, but they really need that guy in the middle that the bears are known for over the last 35 years. That butkus, singletary, urlacher guy that will hold that defense together for a decade or more.

Come on, you really believe that Urlacher was a pro bowl linebacker his last year or 2? He had clearly lost a step and was not at all what he used to be. He wouldn't have made any difference last year.

I do like Fuller and Ferguson/Sutton have shown some flashes so far, but man that was awful yesterday. Can't get much worse than that. Hopefully Allen and Ratliff will be back this week.

Also- I see you're from Charleston. My buddies and I are flying out there on Thursday then driving to Charlotte on Saturday for Bears-Panthers on Sunday for our annual Bears trip. Should be a good time.
    Post edited by Indifference71 on
    I know he lost a step, but he made a difference. No way that defense gives up as many huge running plays with urlacher back there.

The Charleston airport is small. There's a lot of construction going on there now. It's about a three hour drive. Jump on I-26 then hit I-77? (I think). It's not a bad drive. Are you staying in Charleston or going straight to Charlotte when you land?

I know he lost a step, but he made a difference. No way that defense gives up as many huge running plays with urlacher back there.

The Charleston airport is small. There's a lot of construction going on there now. It's about a three hour drive. Jump on I-26 then hit I-77? (I think). It's not a bad drive. Are you staying in Charleston or going straight to Charlotte when you land?

Staying in Charleston Thursday and Friday night.....have heard nothing but great things about Charleston. Driving to Charlotte Saturday morning. My buddies parents have place right on the beach in Charleston that we are staying at. I think it's called Wild Dunes or something like that. You heading to the game in Charlotte?
    I'm not going to the game.

I believe wild dunes is in Mt. pleasant. Nice golf course. But I dint think it's on the beach. I may be wrong about that. Either way, nothing but HUGE houses out there. There's plenty of touristy stuff to do downtown if you've never been to Charleston. The market, fort Sumter, and rainbow row just to name a few. Pm me if you want any ideas on things to do. Have fun and be safe.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Just logged on since the game.
    Ugh! How pathetic is our defense? I mean, I could look like a pro-bowl QB if I had that much time to throw the ball. What's funny is that even if Allen and Ratliff were healthy and playing, I don't see how this game would have been much different. The game plan was a fn joke....especially on D. Rushing 4 THE ENTIRE GAME?!?!?! After the first couple of drives by the Packers they should have thought "Hmmm...this isn't working, lets change it up". But they didn't. Mel Tucker is terrible, but there is no reason why Trestman shouldn't have stepped in.
    They ran the ball well, but not nearly enough. Also, the play selection was one of the worst I've seen out of the Bears since Trestman took over.
    Those picks hurt. In a game where the defense can't stop anyone....the offense had to be 100% perfect. The first INT was a terrible read. Yeah, the Packer's defender 9 times out of 10 would play back on that route, but he lined up inside the WR. He should have seen that and aborted the play. The second was just sloppy football. I do wonder if Marshall not practicing had something to do with the "miscommunication". Seems like Marshall took it hard too. Marshall being the guy he is, I hope he can put it past him and move on! The Bears certainly have the means to put up big numbers but they'll never be able to compete if the other team never has to use their punter.
    Also, one thing I've noticed this season (and even last) is that while our WRs are studs and put up big numbers, what this team lacks is a speed guy. It seems any deep route run by Marshall or Alshon, the defense is step for step with them. Yeah, they have the means to "go up for it" but it seems like the deep threat isn't there.
    mca47 said:

Just logged on since the game.
    Ugh! How pathetic is our defense? I mean, I could look like a pro-bowl QB if I had that much time to throw the ball. What's funny is that even if Allen and Ratliff were healthy and playing, I don't see how this game would have been much different. The game plan was a fn joke....especially on D. Rushing 4 THE ENTIRE GAME?!?!?! After the first couple of drives by the Packers they should have thought "Hmmm...this isn't working, lets change it up". But they didn't. Mel Tucker is terrible, but there is no reason why Trestman shouldn't have stepped in.
    They ran the ball well, but not nearly enough. Also, the play selection was one of the worst I've seen out of the Bears since Trestman took over.
    Those picks hurt. In a game where the defense can't stop anyone....the offense had to be 100% perfect. The first INT was a terrible read. Yeah, the Packer's defender 9 times out of 10 would play back on that route, but he lined up inside the WR. He should have seen that and aborted the play. The second was just sloppy football. I do wonder if Marshall not practicing had something to do with the "miscommunication". Seems like Marshall took it hard too. Marshall being the guy he is, I hope he can put it past him and move on! The Bears certainly have the means to put up big numbers but they'll never be able to compete if the other team never has to use their punter.
    Also, one thing I've noticed this season (and even last) is that while our WRs are studs and put up big numbers, what this team lacks is a speed guy. It seems any deep route run by Marshall or Alshon, the defense is step for step with them. Yeah, they have the means to "go up for it" but it seems like the deep threat isn't there.

Yeah, no defensive adjustments at all. I still don't even know what type of defense Mel Tucker even wants the Bears to have...no identity. And yeah, Trestman needs to step in if Tucker isn't going to do anything. He's the fucking head coach. I'm beginning to realize that Trestman is just a very good offensive coordinator and not much of a head coach.

Yep, awful picks by Cutler lose yet another game to the Packers. I feel like I've heard there have been so many "miscommunications" between Cutler and WRs since Cutler has gotten here....seems to happen much more to Cutler than other QBs. Different year, same old story with this guy.

Going to the game in Charlotte this weekend. Panthers defense is a mess right now...they are giving up something crazy like 6-7 yards per rush this year so Forte should see a lot of action. As down as I am on the Bears after Sunday, there's still nothing like going on a Bears trip to see a road game. Always tons of Bears fans and great time. And I get to drink like I'm in college again for a few days...
    ^ Yeah, I'm predicting the Panther's game to be similar to the Packers in that it's going to be a shootout. Newton will likely put up HUGE numbers passing and running against the Bears' crappy D. I just hope they mix up the play calling and run more this game (even if they are losing) because once again, the offense is going to have to be 100% flawless.
    mca47 said:

^ Yeah, I'm predicting the Panther's game to be similar to the Packers in that it's going to be a shootout. Newton will likely put up HUGE numbers passing and running against the Bears' crappy D. I just hope they mix up the play calling and run more this game (even if they are losing) because once again, the offense is going to have to be 100% flawless.

Yeah, I feel good about this game since Rodgers is twice the QB that Newton is....plus the Panthers RB situation is a disaster right now. Hopefully the defense is a little more creative this week than last.
    The Bears are such a fn joke!
    Defense fn sucks
    Offense fn sucks
    Special teams fn sucks
    Coaching fn sucks!
    F!
  • Love the Bears, always have always will, but they still have a long way to go. A loss would ruin half my week, this year I have just completely given up any hope for them. So like a Cubs fan I accept that they suck and it make the year more Bearable.
    What the fuck do we do wrong in the second half? It seems like we just roll through the first half offensively....then come the second we become super conservative and f it all up! Ugh!
  • FadedGloryFadedGlory Chicagoland Posts: 416
    Is it wrong of me to write off the season after these last two losses? I hate to be "that guy," but jeebus ... lots of broken pieces, and I don't see things working out well this year.

1992: Chicago, Tinley Park
    1995: Chicago
    2009: Chicago
    2013: Chicago, Worcester I+II, Los Angeles I+II
    2014: Cincinnati, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, Toronto II
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV solo)
    2018: Seattle I+II, Chicago I+II, Boston I
    2022: Chicago I+II (EV & Earthlings), Los Angeles I+II, Las Vegas (canceled), New York, St. Louis
    2023: St. Paul I+II, Chicago I+II, Indianapolis (canceled)

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    :FP:

• Is it wrong of me to write off the season after these last two losses? I hate to be "that guy," but jeebus ... lots of broken pieces, and I don't see things working out well this year.

NOPE!! I wrote them off after the Bills game. You cant be an elite team in the NFL when you lose the games you are supposed to win. When you play down to your opponents instead of dominating. In my opinion, they should be undefeated at this point, at worst only one loss. So yeah, write them off and we'll hope for next year
    Can't believe I saw that debacle in person. Gould missing a 35 yard FG at the end of the first half was killer. Would have put Bears up 24-7....instead he misses a chip shot and Panthers score to make it 21-14. Brutal. Cutler with 2 more interceptions...I'm not sure why this surprises me anymore. Ugh. Fucking Bears.
    So, I get the defense is awful. It's painful to watch, but ok....
    Why is the offense so shitty? The play calling is so predictable! Where the fuck is Brandon Marshall?!? I'm wondering if he's not being totally honest about his injury...
    I mean, even when they show the downfield cam, he's never open! Last year, and even the first 2 games this year, he'd get a ton of separation....and we're in a NFL now that allows for bigger seperation. And it seems Jeffery is only consistently used on reverses and 2 yd catch and run plays. What the hell is Trestman doing?!?
    edited October 2014
    mca47 said:

So, I get the defense is awful. It's painful to watch, but ok....
    Why is the offense so shitty? The play calling is so predictable! Where the fuck is Brandon Marshall?!? I'm wondering if he's not being totally honest about his injury...
    I mean, even when they show the downfield cam, he's never open! Last year, and even the first 2 games this year, he'd get a ton of separation....and we're in a NFL now that allows for bigger seperation. And it seems Jeffery is only consistently used on reverses and 2 yd catch and run plays. What the hell is Trestman doing?!?

Yeah, I'm not sure what the hell was going on Sunday with the play-calling. They rarely went downfield and with the offensive talent the Bears have, that just doesn't make. I'm guessing Marshall isn't 100%, but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with Jeffrey and Bennett.

Watch the Bears go into Atlanta and win this week when no one expects them to win. It wouldn't surprise me one bit. The Bears are such a cocktease. Get you all excited and then BOOM, let you down.
    Post edited by Indifference71 on