B
Post edited by PP49889 on

Comments

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Best of wishes to you in your fight against Hodgkins
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It's beautiful how many people have found solace in Long Road.

I hope this ticket thing works out for your friend, but moreso, your road.

Wishing you well and many many more sunrises.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    You are a long way from walking the long road. Go kick cancer's ass again.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    You're in my thoughts & just know that you are not alone as you walk that LONG ROAD!!!
    Peace to you my friend & if you need a shoulder to lean on, you can turn to your PJ friends for support!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    link93link93 Posts: 404
    Best thoughts going out to you in your battle with Cancer. Stay strong and hope everything works out.
  • Options
    ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
    edited July 2014
    Peter... I didn't have HL, but I did have a tumor the size of my fist in my throat in 1989. I was singing in a band a. and 2. I did stand-up. My voice was my life. Doctors said, "So You're not going to sing or do spoken shows again." The next two years I was back in bands, back doing stand up, opening for some great folks, and even went back to school to study voice-- NOW I'm in Grrl Jam, as "edie". For 9 years I did SXSW in various forms- spoken shows, singing in a band, and even one year, (1994) I sang on a street corner with this guy named Brian, whom I later learned is now Marilyn Manson--to me he was the goth with cool rings-- we sang David Bowie tunes. (With my then love-of-my-life who was in a band called The Goods.) I know that sinking feeling of sitting in a room with 3 or 5 strangers, all getting their arms or shunts stuffed with goop that makes you feel freezing or hot... and the weirdness of vomiting marathons... and the weirdness of people not knowing what to say to you.

I know what to say to you. Cancer sucks the life out of you... MUSIC fills you up with life. EVERY minute you have on this earth is important, YOU matter, and how you have affected the people around you is IMPORTANT. You and I know that the songs we hear from Pearl Jam aren't just words and sounds-- they dig into the core of who we are and pull out every ounce of our being, and display it all for the world. People who don't get that aren't Pearl Jam fans. People who can't understand our feelings for the music and the people we meet because of it-- they don't get it. WE get it. WE know that the music sometimes is all we have to hold onto when everything else is crap. Cancer is ultimately crap. Today is the birthday of one of my best friends who died... not of cancer.. but unexpectedly...after months of doctors in a hospital room trying to fix whatever it was that got a hold of her. You know what you have, and you know how to beat it.. you've done it once. You're experienced at beating the crap out of crappy cancer.

Yknow what? When the shit feels badly.. and you have those friends who have stood by you year after year... send out a group email. BE with them at least in words. SKYPE as a group- don't even talk, just listen to music, or jam on a live DVD, or whatever it is that makes YOUR moments special. Don't lose a single minute of time with your friends just because Crappy Cancer is trying to pull you away from them. ANY time you spend with them, ANY way you spend with them-- even if cancer wins.. THEY will have you with them always. Don't lose that. Don't ever lose that. I treasure the moments I spent with my friend on the phone, and kick myself for listening to her when she said, "Don't visit, I'll be out soon". (She was... for the wrong reason.) Be there with them, for them, and because YOU need them.

HUGS Peter, and if you need to vent.. the forum is fine, or PM me and I'll gladly hear you.

Cathe, aka RatmanDo, (cos no one do like a ratman do)

Post edited by ratmando on
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited August 2014
    I understand your frustration. However, may I suggest you write back, stating very clearly that that you are asking if you can transfer your tickets to your friend who had been depending on you for your ticket. Please try that first before you write off 10C and Pearl Jam. Whoever reading the email may not have picked that up from your one line in the email.

If that doesn't work, PM me. I have a side-stage ticket that your friend can have. It's not GA but he will have a pretty awesome view.

All the best to you, and here's to hoping you emerge victorious again.
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    what a brutal email from 10C, really they need proof?

Peter it sucks plain and simple.

I wish you well!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    all the best to you..stay stronge,think positive ,you will win this fight..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Tenzing N.Tenzing N. Posts: 466
    My current cancer treatment meant I had to cancel several plans and everyone was willing to issue full refunds with proof. Proof isn't really a hassle. I think the best thing to do would be to write again, clearly explaining what you want. I was a little confused too I guess.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Best wishes. You will do fine.

Regarding your email. I think it is a bit hidden/confusing. I read your OP 2x and couldnt really figure out what you were asking for. I wouldnt lose faith in 10c...
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 795
    I hope they work this out, good luck man! Hoping for a quick recovery.
  • Options
    cacarr1cacarr1 Posts: 315
    edited August 2014
    My sincere hopes are that you can someday in the near future regard this as "look what I dealt with and beat" and that the 10C looks at this and says "this is how other clubs deal with their fans, not us".
  • Options
    ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
    Tenzing- I hope you're feeling well after your treatments, too.
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau