Options

EV becoming liberal nightmare!

DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
recent Facebook PJ Activism page EV quote "Even in our darkest moments we try and find something beautiful." what darkest moments? Europe anti-war rant, drunken buffoonery, etc..
EV "now excuse me while I go back to beachfront houses in Seattle or Hawaii" ...if he really cared about peace then he'd stop being a musician and spend his million$ working towards it...fucking liberal nightmare, on the lunatic fringe.
Eddie hasn't had to worry about day to day struggles in over 20 years...
at least Sean Penn years ago actually went to Haiti and was there w/ the people...EV thinks his songs can change people THEY CAN'T!!
Neil Young said it best years ago..."a song cannot change the world"
I'll probably get kicked off of here like I did in '09 for calling the Target deal a cashing making sell out which it was...but typical people. as soon any agenda is found to be full of shit, they cry and complain about how no one gets them, oh boo-woo...
Stick to what you made a fortune with...music...thank you..
U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,884
    Speaking of the lunatic fringe...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    yawn...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,884
    edited July 2014
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    you can disagree with his actions or comments but no need to be insulting. war is never a good thing. period. I think we can all agree on that
  • Options

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,559
    A. You know nothing about what Eddie does with his money.

B. You're way too angry.

C. Money doesn't solve all struggles and worries.

D. Grow up. If you dislike Ed or his causes then don't listen to Ed.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

B. You're way too angry.

I love PJ's music...just sick of a over saturated rockstar go off on tangents...many times I notice Stone onstage put his head down or look away "here we go again"
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    War is wrong. What Eddie said was right. Whether he has a beach house or not is irrelevant.
    Not saying something is even less helpful. If only one person who is a fan at this time is influenced in some small way to be peace loving then he has made a difference. Like we all can in a small way. Or in a big way.

Change don't come at once.....

EV -- please play Undone the next time I have a 10c ticket....! Whenever that may be.

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123

So what he's got money...who should get that money....Producers, Record company people, lawyers etc ....if someones gonna get it might as well be the one who creates it.

u mad bro?

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,843
    Ed seems like the type of guy who would do a lot of community service but doesn't like the press/fans knowing about it.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    What would make you happy, man?
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options

War is wrong. What Eddie said was right. Whether he has a beach house or not is irrelevant.
    Not saying something is even less helpful. If only one person who is a fan at this time is influenced in some small way to be peace loving then he has made a difference. Like we all can in a small way. Or in a big way.

Change don't come at once.....

EV -- please play Undone the next time I have a 10c ticket....! Whenever that may be.

world peace is a dream, yes it's an ideal world and then there's reality...
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,559

ComeToTX said:

B. You're way too angry.

I love PJ's music...just sick of a over saturated rockstar go off on tangents...many times I notice Stone onstage put his head down or look away "here we go again"
    You know what Stone is thinking?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    This is the worst, most ridiculous post I've seen on the porch in a long time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    EV and this band have inspired so many... the butterfly affect of what they inspire others to do is exponential. focus on that instead?
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here

The posting guidelines are here: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines
This discussion has been closed.