Options

Leeds - 21 years on...

hostishostis Posts: 441
I'm not one to normally post on here, nor with saccharine platitudes but...

I am off to see PJ in Leeds in July which takes me to 1 week shy of it being 21 years since I first saw Pearl Jam. Thank you Stone, Jeff, Mike, Eddie and Matt (and everyone else involved in the band, past and present) for everything...
The brilliant gigs and incredible memories - the first time I ever heard Black is THE highlight of any concert I have ever been to, the ability to get bootlegs and posters of all the gigs I have been to (except '93) that allows me to walk down memory lane every time I walk up the stairs (they are all framed, with tickets), for introducing me to different music along the way that again has given me more brilliant memories and for just really releasing brilliant, brilliant songs.

You have continually been the soundtrack of my adult life and so many songs bring wonderful memories, including:
The song my wife walked down the aisle to
The first time my newly adopted son gave me a hug out of the blue ( We were crayoning with music on in the background and "Do the evolution" came on. He just got up, danced his little socks off and hugged me afterwards...)
The songs that helped me get over my first broken heart (and a couple more times...)
Helping me say goodbye to my Grandmother (Just Breathe helped me truly grieve)
Long drives across the UK, America and Canada with the ipod paying... The End always reminds me of a drive from Manchester NH to Montreal
Got Some... a song my wife and I always dance to when it comes on
Come Back is a song for me and my sister whom I only see once a year or so...
And many other songs that come to mind that, when I hear them, remind me of individuals that I have been lucky enough to have in my life..

Thank you so much. My wife and I are so looking forward to the Leeds gig, especially as we have a hotel booked which makes it our first night away from our children since we adopted them 3 years ago.

Again. thank you for meaning so much to me.

Peace out.

Comments

• Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Great post. I'm looking forward to the show as well!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    Great post. This is what it's all about.
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Options
    clampinoclampino cumbria,uk Posts: 31
    I'm going Leeds too, hope you enjoy just as much as I'm gonna
  • Options
    nupur1586nupur1586 Ewing, NJ Posts: 88
    edited June 2014
    Awesome post. PJ means so much to so many of us, it's totally amazing. Hope the show's everything you hope for and more!

Looking forward to Leeds as well.. found out just a few hours back that I've won two Global Citizen tickets to see the Leeds show. I couldn't have been happier... My otherwise uneventful day suddenly became unforgettable!
    Post edited by nupur1586 on
    Can I be here all alone? Clear a path to my home