Options

2023 Grammys

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,422
    I usually attend the Grammys, but had to skip it this year. We watched it on the DVR, and damn, it was boring....not many acts appealed to me. The Bowie tribute was ok....Since he was pretty much peerless, there was no way they could just have normal musicians play his songs, so Gaga was a good choice.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

I happened to like Adele's performance. I could not handle listening to the little Canadian twit and changed the channel.
    Not familiar with Alabama Shakes, gaga's tribute felt a tad awkward. Gwen Stefani's performance was alright I kinda like her stuff.
    Fell asleep after the Lemmy tribute, so I can't comment on anything else.
    Grammys are more of a popularity contest, not a talent contest.

They lost all credibility when Celine Dion won album of the year over Mellon Collie, Odely and The Score.

I didn't get to see it anyways since I work the late shift on weeknights.
    Her husband was like the CEO of Sony music or something right? Her album contract was with Sony...yes/no?
    No, that was Mariah who was married to Tommy Matolla.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    And as usual, i didn't see one second of it. I can't remember the last time i watched it. Maybe, when Michael Jackson debut his moonwalk? What year was that>LOL
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    What did Kanye do to diss Beck?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,297

That was last year
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

That was last year
    What did he do?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

igotid88 said:

That was last year
    What did he do?
    same thing he did he did to Taylor Siwft. Thought Beyonce should have won and interrupted.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

That was last year
    What did he do?
    same thing he did he did to Taylor Siwft. Thought Beyonce should have won and interrupted.
    He really is a dickhead. Is it for real that he is broke?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    If he is, he's a fucking idiot.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    hedonist said:

If he isn't, he's still a fucking idiot.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I mean how could he blow away all that money?
    What about his wife's fortune? Can't she save his ass.
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

hedonist said:

Agreed, Hobbesy.

Thoughts, look at what he married into. Genius Central!

I'd also like to kick the shins of the dumbass who started a GoFundMe thing for him (along with those who donated).
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:
    From Twitter, Adele handling it well...

Adele
    ✔ ‎@Adele

The piano mics fell on to the piano strings, that's what the guitar sound was. It made it sound out of tune. Shit happens. X

8:56 PM - 15 Feb 2016

And gotta love this...

Adele
    ✔ ‎@Adele

Because of it though... I'm treating myself to an in n out. So maybe it was worth it.

8:58 PM - 15 Feb 2016

• Options
    hedonist said:

Hobbes said:

hedonist said:

Agreed, Hobbesy.

Thoughts, look at what he married into. Genius Central!

I'd also like to kick the shins of the dumbass who started a GoFundMe thing for him (along with those who donated).
    They can all go to hell. They disgust me. Sad thing is my nieces watch their show.
  • Options
  • Options
    Ah! Thank you for this, Tiger.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I usually think it's pretty distasteful when people laugh at other's misfortunes... but fuck Kanye. That dude's an ass. And I have more money than him. :rofl:
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

RKCNDY said:

Adele
    ✔ ‎@Adele

The piano mics fell on to the piano strings, that's what the guitar sound was. It made it sound out of tune. Shit happens. X

And gotta love this...

Adele
    ✔ ‎@Adele

Because of it though... I'm treating myself to an in n out. So maybe it was worth it.

She's got taste. Screw McDevils. Self respecting Westies go to in N Out and Five Guys.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Hobbes said:

RKCNDY said:

Adele
    ✔ ‎@Adele

And gotta love this...

Adele
    ✔ ‎@Adele

She's got taste. Screw McDevils. Self respecting Westies go to in N Out and Five Guys.
    We don't have in-n-out.... :bawling:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Nope, but we do have Five Guys!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    ...and we have Dick's!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

...and we have Dick's!

You bringing up Kanye, again? :lol:

They are not located here, but we have Burgerville!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited February 2016

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

That was last year
    What did he do?
    He really is a dickhead. Is it for real that he is broke?
    No. He's Kanya West, and he's married to Kim Kardashian for crying out loud. The man simply doesn't distinguish between good attention and bad attention, so he just goes ahead and says and does whatever he thinks will get him the MOST attention.... and actually he's pretty fucking good at it. That's what he's doing with the Zuckerberg thing, and that's what was behind announcing that he would run for President in 2020, lol. And that is why he ran on stage to interrupt the winners two years a row at the Grammys.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

RKCNDY said:

...and we have Dick's!

Do they serve fishsticks? :rofl:
  • Options
    While I normally would never defend anything Kanye West does, when he "interrupted" Beck last year at the Grammys, I thought he was just making light of himself for interrupting Taylor at the MVA's. I don't think he maliciously meant to interrupt Beck. I could be wrong, but that's just how I viewed it. Still, fuck that guy.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited February 2016

While I normally would never defend anything Kanye West does, when he "interrupted" Beck last year at the Grammys, I thought he was just making light of himself for interrupting Taylor at the MVA's. I don't think he maliciously meant to interrupt Beck. I could be wrong, but that's just how I viewed it. Still, fuck that guy.

Well, kind of. That how he tree to pull it off when it happened... of course, he later tweeted that Beck wasn't a real artist (and then later kind of took it back), soooo... lol. But either way, the fucker totally took the moment away from Beck, just like he did from Taylor Swift.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    True that. He has to be the center of attention. I wasn't aware he tweeted that about Beck later on. So, the guy basically copied an entire Daft Punk song, put his own lyrics on it, and has the nerve to say Beck isn't a real artist? Wow. Fuck that guy!
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    I saw some news story last night about him saying he's the most influential person on the planet right now. It was audio recorded backstage. LOL! what a tool.
  • Options

Hobbes said:

RKCNDY said:

...and we have Dick's!

Do they serve fishsticks? :rofl:
    I don't understand that fishsticks thing. I know it's from South Park. Can someone explain?
  • Options
    Sticks rhymes with Dicks. Unless I've gotten it wrong all these years
    I miss igotid88