Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Comments

• jstu39jstu39 Posts: 140
    I dont think the Avocado album has aged well. I like Backspacer better.

I think Pearl Jam has a lot of fans who feel entitled (setlist criticism, limited edition merch, the best tickets to every show, fan club giveaways, petitions, the list...)

I dont say it to sound cool, and I think the band is amazing right now, but for me nothing compares to the energy and emotion of seeing them in the early nineties.
  • The amount of begging that takes place for tambourines, picks, wine & songs is getting worse; and has grown tiresome. That felt good!
    "You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."- Abraham Lincoln
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Here is my post about my GA experiences in Worcester and Seattle. I chose to go to the preparty in Worcester and line up in Seattle. While I had very different experiences in the two cities, they were both excellent.
    I have been to tons of GA shows. With the exception of a select few artists (Drive-By Truckers, Neil Young, My Morning Jacket once, Widespread Panic once), I don't try to get the rail. As I note below, this was my first time on the rail for Pearl Jam.

I had GA for Worcester 2 and Seattle on this tour. I didn't try for the rail in Worcester. I was 10 people from the rail in front of Jeff & had a great time. My friend (who lives in the Seattle area) and I decided to line up early to get close for Seattle. I was a bit concerned about "the list" because of the stories I had read here about people getting great list numbers then enjoying the city and coming back an hour before doors to their old spot in line. I can say that didn't happen in Seattle. There were line checks at specific times (which were announced to all who were there) so all would know when the next one was. If you missed 1 line check you no longer had a number & had to get a new (worse) one if you so chose to get a number again. Here is when the line checks were held: 6am, 9am, 11:30am, 2pm, 4pm, 5pm. As you can see, it would be impossible to go enjoy the tourist sites of Seattle & make it back for the next line check. People were looking out for each other. Donuts and (lots of) coffee were bought for sharing with other fans. I met awesome fans from (among other places) Brazil, Italy, Australia, Canada, Rhode Island, Denver, Ohio, and NYC. I caught up with friends from Chicago I had met on the 1st leg. When it was time to go inside the Key we were walked in. I had the rail between an Italian man and a Brazilian woman. This was my 58th PJ show and my first time on the rail. It was a memorable experience not only for the show (which I loved) but also for the people I shared it with. If GA can be run this way for future USA/Canada shows, then I think it can not only continue but flourish.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Gold 26Gold 26 Posts: 676
    Wishlist is a nice little song but it's surely as cheesy as Sirens if not more.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • I really could not give a toss about all the limited edition stuff.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I find everyone's opinion on any Pearl Jam subject to be totally useless to me ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I don't think there's a best PJ anything (member, show, tour, album, poster, etc.).
    I find everyone's opinion on any Pearl Jam subject to be totally useless to me ....

:lol: :thumbup:
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Let the Records Play is worse than mophandle mama
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Lb is great, if they left the last 3 songs off the album :D
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    I'm tired of seeing threads that are petitions for stupid shit and song request at a show. They are annoying and lame.
    My butt itches!
  • DURP once got very aggressive with me in some thread. And, well, you know, that sucks because, like, have you seen his avatar?
    :D
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • The Black Box should be available to all.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    a5pj wrote:

your opinion is spot on... do share more.

:thumbup: 8-)
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • RatherBeRatherBe Posts: 270
    I wish Lightning Bolt had a different title. It seems odd to me that Pearl Jam would release an album with a title track.

Incidentally, "Yellow Moon" and "Future Days" are great! :D :thumbup:
    It's a disease and they're all green, it emanates from their being...
    edited December 2013
    I don't see what the big fuss is about "Pendulum". Not a bad song, but not a "OMG, this is an awesome song" either :?
    Post edited by RatherBe on
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    what is the fucking deal with sticker love, cmon man you are adults!
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    The Black Box should be available to all.

what is the "Black Box"?
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    what is the fucking deal with sticker love, cmon man you are adults!

yeah, mostly useless shit. especially the big sheets full of the same freakin stickers
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Nami wrote:
    a5pj wrote:

Haha ok just a little theory that I have for future days -
    Eddie - "C'mon guys lets do this one too."
    Rest of band - "Ed, no you got sleeping by myself already, and just breathe last album; these type of songs are getting old."
    Ed -"Please?"
    Rest - "Nope."
    Brandon O'B - "I'll do it with you Ed! I can play keyboards and everything! And I'll put it on the album too!!!"
    Ed - "Sweet!"
    Rest - "Sigh, whatever..."
    Boom - "You know I do play keyboards right?"
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

"Sleeping by Myself" should've been on the 10c single instead of "99 Problems".
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    a5pj wrote:
    Nami wrote:
    a5pj wrote:

Rest of band - "Ed, no you got sleeping by myself already, and just breathe last album; these type of songs are getting old."
    Ed -"Please?"
    Rest - "Nope."
    Brandon O'B - "I'll do it with you Ed! I can play keyboards and everything! And I'll put it on the album too!!!"
    Ed - "Sweet!"
    :lol:

Yeah, Future Days blows. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Vitalogy is the best album ever made.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    a5pj wrote:
    Nami wrote:
    a5pj wrote:

Ed -"Please?"
    Rest - "Nope."
    Ed - "Sweet!"

:lol: awesome!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    i hope the next record is much more collaborative
  • The song "Black" just doesn't do it for me anymore. It was my piss song in in LA.
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die ~ The in between is mine"
  • QA185761QA185761 Posts: 271
    Where has this thread been all our 10c lives?
  • papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Posts should never contain IMO, IMHO, or any other abbreviation for stating what is obviously your opinion, although hardly from humble, and not anything close to factual or one that should shut down any one else's O.
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    I don't get the craze for Unthought Known and I truly dislike Got some (found that out on a long ride during the weekend). I dig the LB stuff, but once I get to hear anything like Sleight of Hand, Footsteps, Fatal, Sometimes, Indifference, I got Shit, Blood, You Are or Rival, I wish they would go back to taking their time with songs, wallow in emotions and chew on and spit out lyrics and chords like they were some sticky gooey cough. And I love undone. How come I have never paid attention to this song? :fp:

I miss old PJ sometimes, but I am thankful for every live experience I get to have and everybody I met through loving them :mrgreen:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    QA185761 wrote:
    Where has this thread been all our 10c lives?
    :lol: It is pretty nice to post something without having to bother defending or justifying or qualifying it, and also nice to have a rule that prevents me from arguing points i don't agree with. :lol: Very relaxing. I am on Christmas vacation after all. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • They stagger bootleg releases for higher anticipation and sales, not because they aren't ready.
    1st and only show so far:
    Charlottesville, VA 10/29/2013

"He who forgets will be destined to remember."
This discussion has been closed.