Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Comments

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    eddie should ditch the facial hair. it makes him look old
  • NarcisoNarciso Posts: 194
    Sirens sounds like a Bon Jovi song, and I like cheese.
    Slipped on a curb in the road.
  • Binaural should get so much more love from the band during shows. There are those of us who really dig that record.
    1st and only show so far:
    Charlottesville, VA 10/29/2013

"He who forgets will be destined to remember."
  • i disagree with at least half of this thread.

But i really came to post this (quite seriously): Of the Earth might be the worst PJ song that isn't Sweet Lew. Anyone who says otherwise is just wrong. Ole, Stupid Mop, Aye Davanita, etc....They're all better. More interesting, more original. Full of something redeemable.

cheers
  • nocode85nocode85 Posts: 133
    Dirty frank is the worst pile of garbage I've heard from any band ever. Please stop requesting it. Rarity does not equal greatness.
    St. Louis '00, St. Louis '03, St. Louis '04, Chicago '06, LA '06, Chicago '07, D.C. '08, Chicago '09, St. Louis '10, East Troy '11(1), East Troy '11(2), Atlanta '12, Chicago '13, Oklahoma City '13, St. Louis '14, Moline '14, Milwaukee '14, Lexington '16, Chicago '16, Chicago '16
  • rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    Soon Forget fits in perfectly after Sleight of Hand.

Binaural (including the b-sides) is their best record.
  • arms aloft at pj20 was the single biggest buzzkill in the history of live music performance.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Binaural and Riot Act are Pearl Jam's best albums, followed by No Code, Yield, and ST. Ten is awesome, but it's still not even top 7, and i fucking really feel that way in my heart. But Release is one of their best songs ever, and my overall fave from the band..

Backspacer is a terrible album. Awful. And not just by PJ standards. I pretty much find it completely unlistenable at this point. I call it the band's brain fart album.

Stephen Harper looks like a pedophile.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Vitalogy is the greatest album from the 90's.

I rank Ten around 5th or 6th because there are albums I prefer.

I don't think I'm cool because of the above statement.

I don't believe I will ever like Sirens nor hate it but I have a new use for the skip button.

PJ were great in the 90's and they are equally great in a different way now.

I have always wanted Jimmy Chamberlain to drum with PJ.

Brendan O Brien wouldn't be my choice to produce PJ albums.

Ole isn't that bad in my opinion, not the greatest for sure but they have worse songs on the last 3 albums.

PJ poster art is on the slide.

The choice of merch in the store is amazing yet ridiculous.

Every tour should be followed with a highlights DVD like Touring Band.

Support acts get in the way at PJ shows.

The band members private lives are just that and their personal fortunes irrelevant.

Lots of PJ fans flip, I don't personally, but who can blame them? PJ fans are insane and people are naturally greedy.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Ten, Vs. and Vitalogy are Pearl Jam's best albums. However fans can prefer other albums that may resonate with them.

For me often Pearl Jam music is associated with a time of importance in my life.
    I like No Code because it was there for me during a rough patch in college.
    I like Riot Act because it was the first tour I really traveled to multiple shows. I went with the woman I was dating and she's my wife now so we always have that to share.

The line/list thing for these GA shows is some of the worst and most arrogant things I have seen in person.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • arms aloft at pj20 was the single biggest buzzkill in the history of live music performance.

I don't "get" that cover. Odd for them to play.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • I see and hear Sirens differently after seeing the Steve Gleason piece in ESPN.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    I find the thread, "Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?", mostly misleading.

How is it possible to listen to more than one bootleg at a time? Does anyone ever post at the same time that they are listening to the bootleg they're posting about? Do the words, "bootlegs", "listening", and "Right now" mean anything, any more?
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    I think this emoticon ---> :corn: is the single best invention of all time.
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • The guys should make a concept album like Pink Floyd's, The Wall. All songs should be mellow and freaky like Pendulum, Strangest tribe, and have lots of oh's and ah's like the end of pendulum cause the guys sound so dam good when they do that. ;) And lots of Eddie singing, It's ok, cause he is the only one I believe when he sings that. 8-)
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club.
  • I have heard Dissident live once and that was plenty.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • cojobocojobo Ontario Posts: 299
    I don't get the whole "whining over a Benny re-issue" thing. Its a great show but not worth so many people begging for a re-issue of it. Some things should just be enjoyed, admired for it's being special and left as is (it is still available on CD which is still fantastic to listen to so it's not like we can't enjoy it)... I'd take having a new show/album released than re-issuing anything in their catalog :)
    Halifax '05, Toronto '09, Toronto 2 '11, Hamilton '11, London '13, Chicago '13. Buffalo '13 , Leeds '14, Detroit '14, New York (GCF) '15, Ottawa '16, Toronto 1 '16, Toronto 2 '16
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    No Code is PJ's best record.
    Vinyl is meant to be listened to not stashed away in a fucking closet.
    Of The Earth is one of the best pieces PJ has ever performed.
    I rank Ten lower because I actually believe other albums are better.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I don't think the perceived better sound quality of vinyl records is worth the effort.
  • leekstokieleekstokie Stoke-on-Trent - UK Posts: 900
    No Code is the greatest album ever made
    PJ
    2012 - Manchester 1 - 20/6 
    2014 - Amsterdam 1 - 16/6, Amsterdam 2 - 17/6, Milan - 20/6, Leeds - 08/07, Milton Keynes - 11/07
    2015 - Bogota - 25/11
    2016 - Philly 1 - 28/04, Philly 2 - 29/04, NYC 1 - 01/05, NYC 2 - 02/05
    2018 - LDN 1 - 18/06, Krakow - 03/07, Berlin - 05/07, Madrid - 12/07, LDN 2 - 17/07, Missoula 13/08
    2022 - LA 1 - 06/05, LA2 - 07/05, Berlin - 21/06, Frankfurt 28/07, London 1 - 08/07, London 2 - 09/07, Budapest - 12/07, Krakow 14/07, Amsterdam 2 - 25/07, NYC Apollo - 10/09, NYC MSG - 11/09, OKC - 20/09, Denver - 22/09.
    2023 - St Paul 2 - 03/09, Chicago 1 - 05/09, Chicago 2 - 07/09

EV
    2012 - Manchester - 28/07/12, 2017 - Amsterdam - 29/05/17, 2019 -Amsterdam - 09/06/2019, Madrid - 22/06/2019
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,340
    The people who own a Benaroya Hall LP box and claim it doesn't sound good or don't listen to it because they don't think it's special should just give it to another fan who cherishes this show and is a vinyl afficionado. Why keep it if you don't like it? :fp: LB got a collectors' release with Sevens besides the regular version, Vs. got the Brazilian blue edition, Backspacer got the white version etc etc ... I think the Benaroya Hall show deserves a regular vinyl release for vinyl fans as well. I don't hesitate to pay a little more than the original price for a LP that I would like to have and have done so for almost all the PJ vinyl I have. But a price that is more than my monthly rent is outrageous. If you praise the superiority of vinyl, make it available for everybody to enjoy at a reasonable price.

Yes, I will stop ranting about this once I got my own :P
  • RatherBeRatherBe Posts: 270
    Backspacer isn't as bad as most people around here claim.

Good thread idea, great thread name.
    I'll go even further to say Backspacer isn't bad at all.
    It's a disease and they're all green, it emanates from their being...
  • Ed was well within his rights to fire his guitar tech for fucking up tunings, capo positions, etc. That's his whole job.
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 7/12/08 (VH1 Rock Honors the Who)
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 4/12/08 (EV solo)
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    San Diego 7/5/11 (EV solo)
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
    Sao Paulo, Brazil 11/14/15
  • The following marks the indisputable rankings (in order) for the band's album releases:

Vs.
    Ten
    Yield
    Vitalogy
    No Code
    Avocado
    Riot Act
    Lightning Bolt
    Binaural
    Lost Dogs
    Backspacer

Yup. Indisputable!

Love this thread :lol: !
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • RatherBeRatherBe Posts: 270
    Apropos of nothing, the indisputable is often disputable : :P
    It's a disease and they're all green, it emanates from their being...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Anyone who runs or supports The List and how it lets people leave the line for longer than ten minutes at a time in a GA lineup are total fuckin' assholes (the fucks who actually just take advantage of it and leave the line and then act all innocent because they didn't organize the list are just as bad), and i hope there is a peaceful but strong mutiny next time these fuckers pull that shit. Better yet, i hope Pearl Jam adopts the Springsteen method so we can get these psychos off the rail altogether - they all come off as boarderline stalkers, and i am sick of seeing all the same people in the YouTube vids.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I don't think the perceived better sound quality of vinyl records is worth the effort.
This discussion has been closed.