Options

Has the new album brought in new fans?

2»

Comments

• Options
    retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    shortstack wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I don't think this board reflects anything at all. I was a big fan for 21 years before I joined 10C and was able to post on the boards.

the board was open to anyone up until a couple years ago. good times.

I thought so! Man....I thought I was losing my mind or something. I dutifully sent in my money though.
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,536
    shortstack wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I don't think this board reflects anything at all. I was a big fan for 21 years before I joined 10C and was able to post on the boards.

Oh yeah? Just before my time obviously!... why'd they change it??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 457
    My youngest air guitars Sirens....so yes
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,782
    been looking for another place to post this pic made by my 14 yo daughter. She can't help but know PJ bc I'm her mama and has a few songs she likes from previous albums but really loves LB. She really hates Miley Cyrus and thought this was funny since LB knocked Miley's album (which has a song called wrecking ball) out of 1st place. She shared with her little friends and they thought it was funny too but they needed explanation on who Eddie is :lol: I took a peek at her ipod the other day and was surprised to find a number of other pj songs in additional LB hanging out there. LB definitely brought her in. Now to convince her dad that she needs to go to a concert with me. :D

10729543495_cc77aca569_o.jpg
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    willc431994willc431994 Australia Posts: 201
    Yep, my girl is now a fan thanks to LB. I catch her singing along to the album more than I do. She is a great woman who is now even better :D
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    I know this is an extreme comparison, but do you think "Endless Wire" brought in new Who fans?

No it did not but I LOVE the Endless Wire mention, which happens to be a fantastic record. Think I'll listen to it right now.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    yes
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    my nine year old fella said he was singing MYM in his head the whole time during his little league playoff football game...... and they won 36-8
    Mans heart away from nature becomes hard.
    Put Life into living
    Greenville 2016 #114 for me
    12-6-1991 first show State Palace Theater, New Orleans
    "I can see the light, coming thru the clouds in rays!!!!"
  • Options
    My GF is a new fan. The new album played a big part -- especially Infallible and Getaway -- but I think getting rail at Worcestor 1 had more of an impact. Now she's digging into the back catalog. I would say the new album helped, but it was really the live show that won her over.
  • Options
    MiiikeMiiike Posts: 436
    Yep, my girl is now a fan thanks to LB. I catch her singing along to the album more than I do. She is a great woman who is now even better :D

Haha, good on her. She sounds like a great woman! What's her favourite?

I can totally tell my husband loves it too . . . usually when I'm like 'can I put on some Pearlers hon?' he's like 'oooookkaaay' with a sigh of resignation. Whereas every time I've asked to put LB on he's been like 'yep, chuck it on babe' and then he totally taps his leg and gets into it. He totally LURVES it. But I have to pretend not to notice . . . otherwise he will pretend not to like it just to tease me! :lol:

And what's not to like?? Personally I pretty much love (or really like) every track from 1 to 8, and 11. That's 3 songs that I'm not crazy about. ONLY 3 FRICKING SONGS. Wow. And then some songs like LB just get better and better with more listens . . . Mikey said this album was WAAAAAYY better than BS and he was right, of course (trust in Mike right? :D ). BS had 4 songs I was into, this has 9. Wow. Huge jump.

It will defs bring in some newbies . . . even Sirens (which I just keep telling myself is going for a Pink Floyd sound rather than Bon Jovi or Nickelback!) would have to strike a chord with folks right?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    shortstack wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Oh yeah? Just before my time obviously!... why'd they change it??

When the membership split to digital or analog is when 10c made it only available to members. Who knows why they changed it. To make it a perk of being a member I guess. Probably the same reason they made an analog option to double the price when we were getting a vinyl single and two hard copy Deep magazines a year for the digital price prior.
  • Options
    I work for CD Tradepost, a Midwest used retailer of music, movies, and video games, and will say that I have seen a HUGE increase in younger people coming in the stores asking for PJ stuff over the past couple of months. Specifically, there was one kid explaining the Mamasan trilogy to his teen friends, a group of frat boys looking for PJ albums talking about how an uneducated friend should buy Live on 2 Legs because it was live and how amazing they are live, and another young lady who bought the 2006 cd box set proclaiming that this is her favorite band and might have cried from the excitement to listen to it. Whether this is related to PJ20 or the new album, I don't know..but I feel in a bizzaro world where I am not the only one telling people younger than me the joys of our favorite band!
  • Options
    willc431994willc431994 Australia Posts: 201
    She is loving Infallible, Sirens (of course), swallowed whole, these tracks really get her singing along! She thinks the whole album is great so i'm loving it! She get's home, I throw on LB, she jumps into the shower and starts singing and im in the kitchen with a beer singing...good times!
    Elmo wrote:

Haha, good on her. She sounds like a great woman! What's her favourite?

I can totally tell my husband loves it too . . . usually when I'm like 'can I put on some Pearlers hon?' he's like 'oooookkaaay' with a sigh of resignation. Whereas every time I've asked to put LB on he's been like 'yep, chuck it on babe' and then he totally taps his leg and gets into it. He totally LURVES it. But I have to pretend not to notice . . . otherwise he will pretend not to like it just to tease me! :lol:

And what's not to like?? Personally I pretty much love (or really like) every track from 1 to 8, and 11. That's 3 songs that I'm not crazy about. ONLY 3 FRICKING SONGS. Wow. And then some songs like LB just get better and better with more listens . . . Mikey said this album was WAAAAAYY better than BS and he was right, of course (trust in Mike right? :D ). BS had 4 songs I was into, this has 9. Wow. Huge jump.

It will defs bring in some newbies . . . even Sirens (which I just keep telling myself is going for a Pink Floyd sound rather than Bon Jovi or Nickelback!) would have to strike a chord with folks right?