Options

side stage/view question

mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
edited October 2013 in The Porch
Anyone that has sat side stage this tour have any viewing issues? I.E. lighting rig blocking the view or speakers/monitors blocking views?
I'm a fan club member and just bought side stage tix on Stub Hub 10th row. The tickets say obstructed/partial view. I've been to enough PJ shows to know there stage set up is pretty wide open. So i'm hoping it says obs./part. view because it's side view or slightly back view. Any feedback from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I sat side stage Stone's side in Worcester, amazing! I love the proximity and being able to see the band interact with each other. It did mean that I saw less of Mike but that's OK, since I'm generally always on Mike's side. Sitting all the way on Stone's side actually gave me a totally different perspective which I never had before, and it was great!

I sat in section 121, see this seating chart: http://www.dcucenter.com/maps.php
    Here's a picture from that section, you can decide for yourself

fe33759d-afc2-49e0-b080-5618f5c0fb08_zpsa8f67837.jpg
  • Options
    Hartford 12th row Boom's side was great ( no obstruction )
    I think PJ does a great job in limiting obstruction when possible.
    Many times side stage sections automatically state possible obstruction on ticket which does not always hold true
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Here's another from my Worcester side stage seat. Some zooming involved, but you get the idea :)

c9857ccb-ead8-41ca-bec1-68bbf61ece5e_zpsfd0ecb9e.jpg
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    We were in section 115 in Pittsburgh, on Mike's side, and had a blast. These were the best seated tickets I ever had. No obstructed view and the sound was fantastic.

View from the opposite side, you can see the Bud Light sign in the upper right corner:
    pitts1_zps22fbd727.jpg
    View of the stage:
    pitts2_zps84c589de.jpg
    View of the arena (loved this sea of people :) )
    pitt3_zps5ab120b6.jpg

I think you don't need to worry. Have a great show :wave:
  • Options
    Thanks you guys. You are awesome! I'm feeling much better about my side stage tix right now. BTW they are on mike's side. Cheers all
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    you can see my photos on facebook i had side stage for both brooklyn and philly 2

https://www.facebook.com/scott.lesh.1
  • Options
    iamloco724 wrote:
    you can see my photos on facebook i had side stage for both brooklyn and philly 2

https://www.facebook.com/scott.lesh.1
    great pics!!! I'm feeling very good about my seats now. Originally I didn't think I could make Spokane, so I didn't go for 10c tix. My sched cleared up so I hit up the STUB.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,247
    I pulled up side stage seats on Mike's side for Worcester on TM, and went for it. I have a high 10C number (419xxx), so I'm never going to get up-close seats through the fan club (not complaining -- I like my seats just fine).

It was really, really awesome to be so close. There were no obstructions. Let me see if I can post a pic. :oops:

Hmm. Let's try this. Sorry, I'm bad at this.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    I don't want to be the guy to raise any alarms, because I'm sure 99% of side stage seats are great, but I got (temporarily) unlucky at the London, ON show.
    My seats were 6th row in the section directly beside the stage, Stone's side. If you look at SuziMay's first picture, there's a circular thing almost dead centre in the photo. I had that thing directly between myself and Ed, like right were his mic is set up, which was pretty frustrating. Thankfully there were open seats at the end of our row so I just moved down.
    So basically unless you are in that exact seat you should be fine, the other thousand seats offer a great view.
  • Options
    I don't want to be the guy to raise any alarms, because I'm sure 99% of side stage seats are great, but I got (temporarily) unlucky at the London, ON show.
    My seats were 6th row in the section directly beside the stage, Stone's side. If you look at SuziMay's first picture, there's a circular thing almost dead centre in the photo. I had that thing directly between myself and Ed, like right were his mic is set up, which was pretty frustrating. Thankfully there were open seats at the end of our row so I just moved down.
    So basically unless you are in that exact seat you should be fine, the other thousand seats offer a great view.
    WTF is that circular thing anyway? Like you said, if that's the biggest obstruction, I should be o.k..... Thank you so much for your feedback.